The Vanguard School
The Vanguard School Photo #2 - At The Vanguard School we cater to the whole student. Instructors adjust their level of support, and set the instructional level according to each student`s unique academic plan.
The Vanguard School Photo #3 - Average class sizes are 6-8 students and student-to-teacher ratios are 5:1.
The Vanguard School Photo #4 - Located in Lake Wales, Florida, students enjoy warm, tropical temperatures with blue skies all year round.
- The Vanguard School is a co-educational, college-preparatory boarding and day school for children in grades 6-12.
- We have been providing educational excellence to students who learn differently since 1966.
- Our purpose is to provide a quality education to students and prepare them for post-secondary education and independent living.
- The Vanguard School embraces students who have different learning styles and may have been diagnosed with dyslexia, executive function difficulties, attention deficits or other language-based learning disabilities.
- Vanguard's program is for learners on an average to above average learning scale.
- We provide a structured program which focuses on each students capabilities in and out of the classroom.
- Vanguard offers an immense amount of support for students who have been frustrated with their learning in other academic settings.
- By helping to eliminate these frustrations Vanguard successfully provides its students with new opportunities for college placement and various other interests they may not have been able to achieve without the support and direction provided in this program.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|The Vanguard School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||77 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||117 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||21||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(blue jeans, khaki or solid navy shorts, and Vanguard polo)
|Average Class Size||8 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$6,800|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$4 million||$22 million|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Susi Vacek|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||13||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Billiards, Cooking Club, Dance Team, Gamers' Club, Intramural Chess, Money Management, Movie Club, Sewing Club, Wood Shop Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery, Intramural Sports, Lady's Fitness, Tennis
- The Vanguard School provides opportunities for students to participate in sports including basketball, soccer, golf, cross country, tennis and volleyball. Vanguard is sanctioned by Florida High School Athletic Association and our courses are all NCAA approved. We have a student center, gymnasium, junior size olympic swimming pool and lake front access. Trips to Disney World, Legoland, Busch Gardens in Tampa, Sea World, MGM studios, Universal Studios and many other points of interest in Florida are all a popular part of the Vanguard experience.
- LD types supported: High Functioning ASD, Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, Language Based Learning Disabilities
- The Vanguard School accreditations: FCIS, SACS
- Submit Review for The Vanguard School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12| 1550 students 122.2 miles8401 Belvedere Rd
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
A private school in its infancy is quite different from the mature community it becomes over time. I wonder what the founders of these five schools would think about them today. I bet they would be very proud of their creations.
Sending our children off to boarding school in the fall of 2020 raises questions about their safety and other corona virus issues. We address some of your concerns here.