The Vanguard School
The Vanguard School Photo #2 - Beautiful, scenic views surround our 77 acre campus with additional amenities to showcase the outdoor space available in sunny central Florida. Fishing, canoeing, access to our soccer field, tennis courts, water feature pavilion, and Jr. Olympic swimming pool are just some of the offerings at The Vanguard School.
The Vanguard School Photo #3 - At The Vanguard School, we learn first about your student and the supports and strategies that help us work directly with them in and outside of the classroom. Instructors offer full accommodations with the goal of students gaining self-insight and building self-confidence to become independent learners.
The Vanguard School Photo #4 - Students experience a variety of skills that develop the holistic student. Monthly formal meals, quarterly all-campus community days (beach day, field day, community service days), student-led clubs, a variety of athletics offerings, culinary, studio, and digital arts, core value development, and much more!
The Vanguard School is a co-educational learning diverse boarding community for children in grades 6-12 since 1966.
Our campus provides a family-style community to engage and launch learners to higher educational opportunities and independent life.
The Vanguard School embraces students who have different learning styles and may have been diagnosed with dyslexia, executive function difficulties, attention deficits, or other language-based learning disabilities.
Vanguard's program is for learners on a wide spectrum of academic and social learning skills. We include twice-exceptional, average, and modified curriculum learners who support each other in the Vanguard community.
We provide core values to guide students in building their empathy, integrity, and sense of community. Students thrive from their acceptance and resilience as a result of the confidence they derive in leadership.
We offer a variety of arts, athletics, community service, dual enrollment, internships, and more for students to gain the necessary skills that will serve them lifelong.
Vanguard offers a safe and welcoming environment to support students who have been frustrated with their learning progress in other academic settings.
By helping to eliminate these frustrations Vanguard successfully provides its students opportunities for college placement and various other interests.
- Grades: (Boarding) 6-12
- Students: 120 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $50,500
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $26,000
- Acceptance rate: 85%
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Definition of Terms | 2021 School Data
The Vanguard School
Boarding School Avg.
Grades Offered (Boarding)
% Students of Color
% International Students
% Students Boarding
Average ACT score
*National Avg. »View
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Classroom Dress Code
Average Class Size
* National Avg. »18
Student : Teacher Ratio
ESL Courses Offered
% Faculty with Advanced Degree
Summer Program Offered
Summer Program Details
(5 Day Boarding)
(5 Day Boarding)
Summer Program Cost
% Students on Financial Aid
Merit Scholarships Offered
None / Rolling
Accepts Standardized Application
Director of Admissions
# Interscholastic Sports Offered
Total Extracurricular Organizations
- The Vanguard School serves diverse co-educational learners in 6th through 12th grades in sunny central Florida. Our campus provides space for outdoor athletics (tennis, swimming, soccer, a running track) and leisure activities (fishing, canoeing, and more).
- Vanguard's mission is to support students who learn diversely and may be of high intelligence but low socialization, require more direct motivation, or students who learn best through applied knowledge. Our students excel in small targeted education settings and utilize the targeted support in academics, self-confidence building, social and independence skills. Our safe and diverse environment is designed to build confidence, share cultures, create connections, and build a path that is individualized for each student.
- Our core value-based open mindset helps students gain empathy, leadership, and contribute to the community while shaping their journey forward. We prepare diverse learners to thrive in a diverse world.
- LD types supported: High Functioning ASD, Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, Language Based Learning Disabilities, Social Connections, and Executive Functioning
- The Vanguard School accreditations: FCIS, SACS
Profile last updated: 11/27/2021
Want To Teach In A Boarding School?
Teaching in a boarding school is the same as teaching in a public school, right? Not exactly. Some explanations here.
Academics: Advanced Placement
As part of your evaluation of boarding schools, you will examine the academics. We look at one aspect of what many schools teach, namely, Advanced Placement courses.
Are You Looking At The Wrong Schools?
By "wrong schools", I mean schools that don't fit your needs and requirements. Finding the "right school' implies that the school meets 99% of what you require. More here.