PO BOX 1000748 S. Main St.
FREEMAN, SD 57029
FREEMAN, SD 57029
Tel: (605)925-4237 Ext. 225
Freeman Academy Photo #2 - Universities seek out graduates of Freeman Academy's award-winning fine arts programs.
Freeman Academy Photo #3 - Our graduates regularly test out of initial music theory and Bible courses in college.
Freeman Academy Photo #4 - Musicals like Mary Poppins and Jane Eyre involve most of the student body. Students manage lights, sound, and stage. The pit orchestra often includes faculty and members of the state symphony.
Freeman Academy Photo #5 - Chapel at the amphitheater. Our beautiful campus includes an arboretum, lake, biking trail, gazebo and interpretive center.
Freeman Academy Photo #8 - Tickets for Yuletide performances at Freeman Academy usually sell out during the holidays. Above, an advanced music theory student directs the concert choir.
Freeman Academy Photo #9 - Five out of the past six years, the Freeman Academy Oral Interp team has received the Team Excellence award at state competition. Junior High students regularly medal at the state level as well.
- Freeman Academy is known for its award-winning fine arts program including choral, instrumental, drama, and Oral Interpretation.
- Many students come to Freeman Academy because they love the arts and desire high-level opportunities with gifted faculty who challenge them to excell.
- Other students discover their talents and interests while they are attending Freeman Academy.
- Every student benefits from participation in fine arts activities.They develop dedication, focus, teamwork, and responsibility. They take pride in their performances and benefit from a sense of accomplishment. Having practiced from a young age, our students are well-spoken and exhibit confidence before audiences.
- Our faculty seek to develop the whole child academically, socially, and spiritually. Our goal is to cultivate the unique God-given gifts of all students and adapt instructional approaches to fit their different learning styles and personalities.
- Faculty and coaches serve as positive Christian role models, integrating faith into classroom instruction and interactions with students and others in the school community and beyond. They encourage students to practice Christian values including integrity, cultural sensitivity, service, peacemaking and stewardship.
- Our programs activate students' critical thinking and problem-solving skills while connecting content to real-world applications. We integrate today's technology to enhance student-centered learning and equip students for college and the workplace in the 21st century.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Freeman Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||1-12||Pre-K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||30 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||70 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modest, respectful attire)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(Grades 7-8 - $14,723. Grades 9-12 - $15,877)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Lynnelle Allison|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Brad Anderson|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||9||15|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
High School Praise Band, Little Buddy/Big Buddy program, Service Projects, Student Leadership, Student-led Bible Study, Tech Team, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Auditioned Honor Bands (state and regional), Auditioned Honor Choirs (national and regional), Chamber Choir (auditioned), Community Theater (pit orchestra), Concert Band, Concert Choir, Drama - musicals and plays, Jazz Band, Junior High Band, Junior High Choir, Junior High Declam, MSC Choir Festival, One Act play, Oral Interpretation, Pep Band, Special Events: Yuletide concert and dinner and Community Theater musical production.
- LD types supported: Resource teacher works individually or in small groups with students. ELL students attend special classes and have daily tutoring.
- Freeman Academy accreditations: AdvancED, South Dakota Department of Education
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Freeman Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: K-12| 192 students 754.8 miles3846 N. Hwy. 144
Granbury, TX 76048
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 40 students 1282.1 miles345 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Grades: 9-12 | 40 students 1297.9 miles54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
- Grades: 9-12 | 208 students 289.4 miles1000 Green St.
Atchison, KS 66002
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.