Boarding students being interviewed by a local television reporter during the opening of the new dormitory.
- One of the oldest private schools in the United States, Lincoln Academy has been educating students for over 200 years.
- LA is a private, co-educational high school of 585 students from 18 local towns and as well as from nineteen countries.
- It is located in a safe, beautiful town on the coast of Maine, 50 miles northeast of Portland and three hours from Boston.
- LA offers students over 160 courses; 19 Advanced Placement options; more than 30 visual and performing arts courses; over 40 clubs, activities, and sports; Independent Study; English as a Second Language classes; TOEFL and SAT prep courses; and personalized college counseling.
- With state-of-the-art science laboratories, a new Applied Technology and Engineering Center, updated classrooms, a modern dining commons, a theater, new residence halls, and an artificial turf soccer field, LA provides the ideal living and learning environment.
- Unique programs include Marine Studies and Exploration, Robotics, Pre-Engineering, Digital Fabrication, and Leadership in the 21st Century.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Fordham University It is located in midcoast Maine, in a very small town. What makes Lincoln stand out against other boarding schools is the fact that it also caters as a local school to teenagers from surrounding. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Lincoln Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||585 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||18 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:11||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||19||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$7 million||$17 million|
(includes tuition, board, ESL)
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$20,000||$22,730|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Sheryl Stearns|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Joshua Pelkey|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||19||17|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus , AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||29||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Alpha Sigma Gamma, Animation Club, Big/Little Siblings, Civil Rights, Climate Action Group, Debate Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Interact Club, International Club, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Outing Club, Peer Tutoring, Philosophy Club, Prize Speaking, Science Club/Science Olympiad, Sigma Sigma Chi, Student Council, Tech Team, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir, Concert Club, Drama Club, Jazz Club, LA Players, Wind Ensemble
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Beautiful, safe campus on the coast of Maine.
- Modern, new residence halls.
- Marine Studies & Exploration Certificate.
- Robotics, Pre-Engineering, and Digital Fabrication.
- Award-winning theater program.
- Economics and Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Over 160 courses including 18 Advanced Placement courses.
- Over 30 Visual and Performing Arts Courses.
- A new artificial turf soccer field.
- Hands-on, experiential learning.
- School accreditations: NEAS&C, NAIS, TABS
- Submit Review for Lincoln Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 578 students 70.1 miles745 Main Street
Fryeburg, ME 04037
- Grades: 6-12 | 1680 students 58.2 miles438 Main Street
Saco, ME 04072
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 400 students 116.6 milesPO Box 190, 66 Cutler Road
East Machias, ME 04630
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 435 students 79.8 miles975 West Main Street
Dover Foxcroft, ME 04426
April 20, 2018
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.