Massanutten Military Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
614 South Main Street
Woodstock, VA 22664
Woodstock, VA 22664
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #2 - Massanutten Military Academy, founded in 1899, is nestled between the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains in Woodstock, Virginia. Massanutten is situated directly in a small and safe community with a long and rich history. Students at MMA hail from all over the country and even the world. Some students join us from large metropolitan cities and others from quaint towns.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #3 - Because of MMA's focus on strong academic achievement, a 100% college acceptance rate and strong alumni support, MMA ranks highly among national co-educational, military schools in the United States. MMA offers rigorous academic programs through our STEM classes, leadership experience through JROTC and now our International Baccalaureate preparing our students to be global leaders once they graduate MMA.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #4 - Massanutten Military Academy's Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps falls under the United States Army Cadet Command. MMA is designated as a JROTC Honor Unit with Distinction and may nominate qualified candidates to the U.S. Service Academies. We are proud of our JROTC program, which ranks as one of the top 8 academic programs in the nation out of 1,600 programs.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #5 - Massanutten Military Academy is proud to be one of the only 16 co-ed military schools in the country with females making up 40% of our cadets. Massanutten Military Academy ensures that your daughter will be provided with a quality education while learning critical leadership skills. Prepare your daughter not only for academic growth but also a lifetime of success.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #6 - At Massanutten Military Academy, cadets participate in a variety of different sports. Sports provides cadets the opportunity to develop an understanding of competition and teamwork that they can use throughout their lives. The sports offered depend on the competition season but a sample of our sports include football, Raiders, competitive shooting and rifle, volleyball, soccer, lacrosse, tennis, baseball, and more!
- Massanutten Military Academy is a premier, co-ed, college preparatory private military school (grades 6-12 with Post Graduate students) offering an education above and beyond that of public schools.
- At Massanutten Military Academy, we feature a challenging curriculum, cadet development, opportunities for leadership and the shared experience of teamwork. The sense of pride and accomplishment will remain with you for a lifetime.
- Experience school as it should be at Massanutten Military Academy.
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- United States Military Academy Massanutten Military Academy has been developing leaders of character since 1899 by instilling Courage, Purity, and Industry in its cadets. The Academy uniquely prepares its student body for a successful, productive life by challenging them in. . .
- SUNY, Stony Brook Massanutten's academic offerings allow students to explore their world and gain maturity and experience. At the same time, the school's structured environment helps students to learn self discipline and develop leadership skills. . .
- Susquehanna University The JROTC program provides clearly defined rules, structure and pathway to success. Proudly wearing a uniform levels social strata and thus allows students to distinguish themselves through exceptional behaviors and performance in all aspects. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Massanutten Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||6-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Enrollment||134 students||315 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1230||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||8 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||7||17|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||5||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$3,500|
($350-$3500 depending on what program the family chooses.)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Tuition international students||$38,000||$48,850|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$5,000||$24,575|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Michael S. Campbell|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Drill Team, Football, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||12||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Bible Study, Chess Club, Chorus, Debate Club, Interact Club, National Honor Society, Radio Station, Student Council, Technology Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Drum Line
- Massanutten Military Academy accreditations: Virginia Association of Independent Schools, Association of Military Colleges and Schools, United States ARMY JROTC
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Massanutten Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn why more and more students are choosing to do a gap or post graduate (PG) year at boarding school.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.