Massanutten Military Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (540) 459-2167 Ext. 1
614 South Main Street
Woodstock, VA 22664
Woodstock, VA 22664
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #2 - At Massanutten Military Academy, our holistic approach to education guides students to excel academically and grow as well-rounded adults. Our co-ed, college prep program focuses on character development, leadership, and service to help your student realize success. We believe in experiential learning promoting a STEM program, 100% college acceptances and 100% participation in athletics. Your child's success can begin today.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #3 - Because of MMA's focus on strong academic achievement, a 100% college acceptance rate and strong alumni support, MMA ranks highly among national co-educational, military schools in the United States. MMA offers rigorous academic programs through our STEM classes, leadership experience through JROTC and now our International Baccalaureate preparing our students to be global leaders once they graduate MMA.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #4 - Massanutten Military Academy's Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps falls under the United States Army Cadet Command. MMA is designated as a JROTC Honor Unit with Distinction and may nominate qualified candidates to the U.S. Service Academies. We are proud of our JROTC program, which ranks as one of the top 8 academic programs in the nation out of 1,600 programs.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #5 - Massanutten Military Academy is proud to be one of the only 16 co-ed military schools in the country with females making up 40% of our cadets. Massanutten Military Academy ensures that your daughter will be provided with a quality education while learning critical leadership skills. Prepare your daughter not only for academic growth but also a lifetime of success.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #6 - Massanutten Military Academy, founded in 1899, is nestled between the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains in Woodstock, Virginia. Massanutten is situated directly in a small and safe community with a long and rich history. Students at MMA hail from all over the country and even the world. Some students join us from large metropolitan cities and others from quaint towns.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #7 - At Massanutten Military Academy, cadets participate in a variety of different sports. Sports provides cadets the opportunity to develop an understanding of competition and teamwork that they can use throughout their lives. The sports offered depend on the competition season but a sample of our sports include football, Raiders, competitive shooting and rifle, volleyball, soccer, lacrosse, tennis, baseball, and more!
Massanutten Military Academy is a premier, co-ed, college preparatory private military school (grades 5-12 with Post Graduate students) offering an education above and beyond that of public schools.
At Massanutten Military Academy, we feature a challenging curriculum, cadet development, opportunities for leadership and the shared experience of teamwork. The sense of pride and accomplishment will remain with you for a lifetime.
Experience school as it should be at Massanutten Military Academy.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- United States Military Academy Massanutten Military Academy has been developing leaders of character since 1899 by instilling Courage, Purity, and Industry in its cadets. The Academy uniquely prepares its student body for a successful, productive life by challenging them in. . .
- SUNY, Stony Brook Massanutten's academic offerings allow students to explore their world and gain maturity and experience. At the same time, the school's structured environment helps students to learn self discipline and develop leadership skills. . .
- Susquehanna University The JROTC program provides clearly defined rules, structure and pathway to success. Proudly wearing a uniform levels social strata and thus allows students to distinguish themselves through exceptional behaviors and performance in all aspects. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Massanutten Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||5-12, PG||5-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||140 students||302 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1230||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms are required)
|Average Class Size||10 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||7||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$3,500|
(up to $3500 depending on the program)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Tuition international students||$45,000||$53,975|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$5,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Drill Team, Football, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||11||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Badminton Club, Bible Study, Debate Club, Girls Inc, Interact Club, National Honor Society, STEM Club, Student Council, Technology Club, Webpage Design
Arts and Music Programs:
- Massanutten Military Academy has a long tradition of helping students reach their full potential. Our holistic approach to education not only helps your student to excel academically, but to grow as well-rounded human beings. We focus on character development, leadership, and service to help your student develop to their fullest potential. As part of the MMA curriculum, all high school cadets are enrolled into the Army JROTC program. Utilizing the resources and structure of this program, we are able to provide leadership skills that will last a lifetime.
- Massanutten's mission is to prepare cadets for their success by delivering structure and a superior educational experience. Our unique approach involves an environment built on collaboration, critical thinking, and innovation. Together, we value cultural diversity and international mindedness as we prepare students to become tomorrow`s global citizens.
- Our motto is Non Nobis Solum "Not for Ourselves Alone"
- MMA offers a full STEM Curriculum, Honors Courses, and AP Courses, as well as Dual Enrollment Courses.
- Average class size at MMA is 10 Cadets.
- Massanutten has Guaranteed Admissions Agreements with:
- Bridgewater College
- Elmhurst College
- Emory & Henry College
- Georgia Military College
- Longwood University
- Norwich University
- Susquehanna University
- Sweet Briar College
- Widener University
- Massanutten Military Academy accreditations: Virginia Association of Independent Schools, Association of Military Colleges and Schools, United States ARMY JROTC
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Massanutten Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Are you thinking about sending your daughter off to boarding school? Go for it!
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
You've tried everything but still your child has serious issues. Perhaps it's time to think about sending him to a residential therapeutic school.