Massanutten Military Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (540) 459-2167
614 South Main Street
Woodstock, VA 22664
Woodstock, VA 22664
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #2 - At Massanutten Military Academy, our holistic approach to education guides students to excel academically and grow as well-rounded adults. Our co-ed, college prep program focuses on character development, leadership, and service to help your student realize success. We believe in experiential learning promoting a STEM program, 100% college acceptances and 100% participation in athletics. Your child's success can begin today.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #3 - Massanutten Military Academy, founded in 1899, is nestled between the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains in Woodstock, Virginia. Massanutten is situated directly in a small and safe community with a long and rich history. Students at MMA hail from all over the country and even the world. Some students join us from large metropolitan cities and others from quaint towns.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #4 - Because of MMA's focus on strong academic achievement, a 100% college acceptance rate and strong alumni support, MMA ranks highly among national co-educational, military schools in the United States. MMA offers rigorous academic programs through our STEM classes, leadership experience through JROTC and now our International Baccalaureate preparing our students to be global leaders once they graduate MMA.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #5 - Massanutten Military Academy's Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps falls under the United States Army Cadet Command. MMA is designated as a JROTC Honor Unit with Distinction and may nominate qualified candidates to the U.S. Service Academies. We are proud of our JROTC program, which ranks as one of the top 8 academic programs in the nation out of 1,600 programs.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo #6 - Massanutten Military Academy is proud to be one of the only 16 co-ed military schools in the country with females making up 40% of our cadets. Massanutten Military Academy ensures that your daughter will be provided with a quality education while learning critical leadership skills. Prepare your daughter not only for academic growth but also a lifetime of success.
- Massanutten Military Academy is a premier, co-ed, college preparatory private military school (grades 5-12 with Post Graduate students) offering an education above and beyond that of public schools.
- At Massanutten Military Academy, we feature a challenging curriculum, cadet development, opportunities for leadership and the shared experience of teamwork. The sense of pride and accomplishment will remain with you for a lifetime.
- Experience school as it should be at Massanutten Military Academy.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- United States Military Academy Massanutten Military Academy has been developing leaders of character since 1899 by instilling Courage, Purity, and Industry in its cadets. The Academy uniquely prepares its student body for a successful, productive life by challenging them in. . .
- SUNY, Stony Brook Massanutten's academic offerings allow students to explore their world and gain maturity and experience. At the same time, the school's structured environment helps students to learn self discipline and develop leadership skills. . .
- Susquehanna University The JROTC program provides clearly defined rules, structure and pathway to success. Proudly wearing a uniform levels social strata and thus allows students to distinguish themselves through exceptional behaviors and performance in all aspects. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Massanutten Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||5-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||140 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1230||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms are required)
|Average Class Size||10 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||7||18|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||5||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$3,500|
($350-$3500 depending on what program the family chooses.)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Tuition international students||$38,000||$52,900|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$5,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Michael S. Campbell|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country Running, Drill Team, Football, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||14||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Badminton Club, Bible Study, Chorus, Debate Club, Girls Inc, Interact Club, National Honor Society, Radio Station, STEM Club, Student Council, Technology Club, Webpage Design
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Drumline
- Massanutten Military Academy accreditations: Virginia Association of Independent Schools, International Baccalaureate, Association of Military Colleges and Schools, United States ARMY JROTC
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Massanutten Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
A private school in its infancy is quite different from the mature community it becomes over time. I wonder what the founders of these five schools would think about them today. I bet they would be very proud of their creations.
Sending our children off to boarding school in the fall of 2020 raises questions about their safety and other corona virus issues. We address some of your concerns here.