Saint John's Preparatory School Photo #2 - Saint John's Prep is home to students from 10-15 different countries each year.
Saint John's Prep is an independent college prep day and boarding school guided by Benedictine values.
Students in grades 6-12 from diverse backgrounds immerse themselves in a learning environment surrounded by the natural beauty of our pristine woods and lakes shared with Saint John's University.
We prepare students for lives of purpose, service, and achievement in a global society.
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 280 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $46,235
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $19,075
- Acceptance rate: 88%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Definition of Terms | 2023 School Data
Saint John's Preparatory School
Boarding School Avg.
Grades Offered (Boarding)
Grades Offered (Day)
% Students of Color
% International Students
% Students Boarding
Average SAT Score
* National Avg. »View
Average ACT score
*National Avg. »View
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Classroom Dress Code
Average Class Size
* National Avg. »18
Student : Teacher Ratio
# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered
ESL Courses Offered
% Faculty with Advanced Degree
Summer Program Offered
Tuition international students
(5 Day Boarding)
(5 Day Boarding)
% Students on Financial Aid
Avg. Financial Aid Grant
Merit Scholarships Offered
None / Rolling
Director of Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions
AP / Advanced Courses
# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered
AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Comparative Government, AP English Literature, AP German Language and Culture, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, Honors Visual Arts Studio
# Interscholastic Sports Offered
10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)
- Saint John`s Prep has 280 total students in grades 6-12, and boarding students are grades 9-12.
- We have students represented from 14 countries, and 30% of our students live on campus in our newly renovated Saint Michael residence hall.
- We are located on 2900 acres of woods and lakes in Collegeville, MN on the campus of Saint John`s University. Our students can take college courses, use the facilities including the dining services and the library, and are immersed in the college environment to help prepare them.
- Saint John`s Prep uses a curriculum called Aspire to Excellence which allows students to earn merits in 7 different disciplines which can lead to earning distinctions and graduating with Honors. We have a 100% college acceptance rate.
- Saint John's Prep offers many robust extra-curricular activity options including atheletics, fine and performing arts, and academic clubs.
- We have a 11:1 student to teacher ratio, and a 93:1 student to counselor ratio.
- Saint John's Preparatory School accreditations: Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Saint John's Preparatory School cost?
Saint John's Preparatory School's tuition is approximately $46,235 for boarding students and $19,075 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Saint John's Preparatory School?
The acceptance rate of Saint John's Preparatory School is 88%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 60%.
What sports does Saint John's Preparatory School offer?
Saint John's Preparatory School offers 16 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Football, Ice Hockey, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Track and Field.
What is Saint John's Preparatory School's ranking?
Saint John's Preparatory School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High average SAT scores.
When is the application deadline for Saint John's Preparatory School?
The application deadline for Saint John's Preparatory School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Nurturing Futures: A Journey through Boarding at Haut-Lac School in Switzerland
Nestled in the hills overlooking Lake Geneva in the French-speaking part of Switzerland lies an educational gem that embodies a unique blend of academic excellence, cultural richness and a profound sense of community. Founded over 30 years ago, Haut-Lac International Bilingual Day and Boarding School is now home to both 600 day students and a maximum of 30 boarders from around the world.
What To Wear at Your Job Interview
Navigating job interviews can be stressful, but knowing what to wear shouldn't be. Our comprehensive guide covers the essential dress code tips for men and women interviewing at boarding schools. Make your first impression count with style and professionalism.
Navigating the Modern Maze: Emerging Challenges for Boarding Schools
Explore the pressing challenges facing boarding schools, from marketing difficulties and rising insurance costs to facility maintenance and recruitment of competent trustees and teachers. This article delves into these complex issues and proposes innovative strategies to overcome them.