Saint John's Preparatory School
Saint John's Preparatory School Photo #2 - Saint John's Prep is home to students from 10-15 different countries each year.
Saint John's Prep is an independent college prep day and boarding school guided by Benedictine values.
Students in grades 6-12 from diverse backgrounds immerse themselves in a learning environment surrounded by the natural beauty of our pristine woods and lakes shared with Saint John's University.
We prepare students for lives of purpose, service, and achievement in a global society.
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Students: 280 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $44,875
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $18,525
- Acceptance rate: 88%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Definition of Terms | 2021 School Data
Saint John's Preparatory School
Boarding School Avg.
Grades Offered (Boarding)
Grades Offered (Day)
% Students of Color
% International Students
% Students Boarding
Average SAT Score
* National Avg. »View
Average ACT score
*National Avg. »View
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Classroom Dress Code
Average Class Size
* National Avg. »18
Student : Teacher Ratio
# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered
Number of IB Courses Offered
ESL Courses Offered
% Faculty with Advanced Degree
Summer Program Offered
% Students on Financial Aid
Avg. Financial Aid Grant
Merit Scholarships Offered
None / Rolling
Director of Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions
# Interscholastic Sports Offered
10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)
- Saint John`s Prep has 280 total students in grades 6-12, and boarding students are grades 9-12.
- We have students represented from 14 countries, and 30% of our students live on campus in our newly renovated Saint Michael residence hall.
- We are located on 2900 acres of woods and lakes in Collegeville, MN on the campus of Saint John`s University. Our students can take college courses, use the facilities including the dining services and the library, and are immersed in the college environment to help prepare them.
- Saint John`s Prep uses a curriculum called Aspire to Excellence which allows students to earn merits in 8 different disciplines which can lead to earning distinctions and graduating with Honors. We have a 100% college acceptance rate.
- Saint John's Prep offers many robust extra-curricular activity options including atheletics, fine and performing arts, and academic clubs.
- We have a 11:1 student to teacher ratio, and a 93:1 student to counselor ratio.
- Saint John's Preparatory School accreditations: Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Profile last updated: 04/07/2022
Want To Teach In A Boarding School?
Teaching in a boarding school is the same as teaching in a public school, right? Not exactly. Some explanations here.
Academics: Advanced Placement
As part of your evaluation of boarding schools, you will examine the academics. We look at one aspect of what many schools teach, namely, Advanced Placement courses.
Are You Looking At The Wrong Schools?
By "wrong schools", I mean schools that don't fit your needs and requirements. Finding the "right school' implies that the school meets 99% of what you require. More here.