2280 Watertower Road, Box 4000
Collegeville, MN 56321
Collegeville, MN 56321
- "Established in 1857, Saint John`s Prep is a Catholic/Benedictine co-educational International Baccalaureate boarding school for students in grades 6-12, with boarding available beginning in 9th grade.
- We also offer a post-graduate program. Emphasizing academic rigor and spiritual growth, Saint John`s Prep attracts students from across the United States and from around the world.".
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Saint John's||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12, PG||9-12|
|Campus Size||2700 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||265 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1853||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1650 - 1990||-|
|Average ACT score||29||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||16 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:9||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||17||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$12 million||$16 million|
(includes room and board)
(all extra-curricular activities fees are included)
|Tuition international students||$45,974||$47,000|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$7,345||$21,582|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Laura Hartog|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||24||23|
|Extracurriculars||"Project X" service opportunities, Art Club, Campus Ministry, Chemistry Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Creative Writing Club, Cycling Club, Dance Club, Environment Club, German Club, Indoor Sports, Jazz Club, Knowledge Bowl, Math Honor Society, National Honor Society, School Newspaper, She's the First, Spanish Club, Student Government, Theater, Volleyball, World Club, Yearbook, Yoga|
|Year: 2011 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Pennsylvania State University||5|
|Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey at New Brunswick||3|
|Michigan State University||2|
|The George Washington University||2|
- Celebrating our 160th year of educating students, Saint John`s Prep is a Catholic/Benedictine co-educational International Baccalaureate boarding school for students in grades 6-12 and offers a post-graduate program.
- Boarding is available for students in grades 9-12. Five day and seven day options are available.
- All students receive school-issued iPad during the academic year.
- All weekend breaks can be covered by trips or host family stays, except for Christmas.
- With an emphasis on academic rigor and spiritual growth, Saint John`s Prep attracts students from the local area, across United States and from around the world.
- The high school shares the campus with Saint John`s University, a premiere liberal arts college. The resulting additional opportunities include the chance to take authentic college classes, and provides full access to the athletic facilities, the college library, dining facilities, etc.
- Saint John`s Prep is located on 2,700 acres in central Minnesota, 70 miles northwest of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
- Incoming 9th grade students may apply for one of five Headmaster Scholarships based on their academic, athletic, leadership and extra-curricular activities. A science scholarship and theatre scholarship are also available. New resident students attend week-long Orientation Program to become familiar with campus, register for classes, meet other students and more.
- School accreditations: Independent Schools Association of the Central States and the North Central Association (ISACS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Sossina Haile, Ph.D. '83 - Ms. Haile was named by Newsweek among twelve prominent individuals to watch in 2008 for her work on developing a new type of fuel cells, which produce energy through chemical reactions; their chief emission is pure water.
- Jennifer Waldron, Ph.D. ’92 - Ms. Waldron is an Assistant Professor and conducting research at the University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Rapids’ School of Health, Physical Education and Leisure Services.
- Abbot John B. Klassen, OSB '67 - Abbot of Saint John's Monastery, Collegeville, MN
- Julius C. Smith ’48 - Lawyer and founder of the Minnesota Renaissance Fair
Submit Review for Saint John's Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12| 350 students 169.7 miles1115 West Broadway Street
Winona, MN 55987
Grades: 8-12, PG | 125 students 1055.3 milesPO Box 9
Hoosick, NY 12089
June 19, 2017
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.
June 03, 2017
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
June 03, 2017
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.