Annie Wright Schools
Our athletics program stresses competitive team play, physical fitness and good sportsmanship. Athletes have represented Annie Wright at the state level in basketball, volleyball, tennis, cross-country, track and golf. In addition to our athletics program, students are given the time, space and flexibility to pursue outside athletic passions.
- Founded in 1884, Annie Wright Schools serve students from age three through high school.
- Annie Wright Lower and Middle Schools offer co-ed programs in Preschool through Grade 8, while separate Upper Schools for boys and girls offer day and boarding options in Grades 9 through 12.
- Annie Wright is proud to be an International Baccalaureate World School, delivering IB programs in every division.
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Grinnell College Annie Wright combines many different teaching styles and personalities into one exceptional faculty. Teachers are incredibly dedicated and with the new IB program just getting started they have more materials than ever to creating interesting. . .
- St. Olaf College The community at Annie Wright makes it such a unique place to spend four years. The international component to the school allows global education to be experienced at a very young age, increasing cultural. . .
- St. Olaf College Annie Wright's small class sizes make it very unique coupled with very interactive, discussion based classes with many international influences.. . .
- Princeton University Annie Wright's most unique characteristic is its all-girls environment. The all-girls experience is truly what makes Annie Wright special. The friends I made there are still some of my best friends today. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Annie Wright Schools||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||10 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||203 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1847||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||26||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||25||17|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||24||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$17 million||$17 million|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$5,000||$22,730|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 3 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Alyssa Harvey|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||25||17|
|Courses||Advanced Pre-Calculus (Honors), Chemistry (Honors), Chinese 2 (Honors), English 2 (Honors), ESL 2 (Honors), ESL 3 (Honors), French 2 (Honors), Geometry (Honors, IB Biology 2 (HL), IB Chinese 6 (HL), IB English 3 (HL), IB English 4 (HL), IB ESL 4 (HL), IB ESL 5 (HL), IB Math: Accelerated Pre-Calculus (HL), IB Math: Advanced Calculus 1 (HL), IB Math: Advanced Calculus 2 (HL), IB Music (HL), IB Visual Art 2 (HL), IB World History: 20th Cen. History (HL), IB World History: Americas (HL), Physics (Honors), Spanish 2 (Honors), US History & Civics (Honors)|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||7||14|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||14||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Annie Writers, Band, Business Club, Chorus, Community Service Leadership, Global Action/Model UN, Orchestra, Robotics, Science Team, Student Government (ASB), Student Newspaper, Theatre360, Visual Art Studio, Yearbook
|Year: 2010 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Washington||15|
|Case Western Reserve University||5|
|George Washington University||4|
|Pacific Lutheran University||4|
|Western Washington University||4|
|Washington University in St. Louis||3|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Annie Wright Schools prepare students extraordinarily well for college, offering small classes, independent-minded peers, and an exceptional faculty. Our challenging curriculum appeals to motivated students with a variety of learning styles, and our learning support department is available to address individual needs. Most importantly, we prepare students for a lifetime of learning, instilling a genuine curiosity and the courage to ask questions, seek creative answers and meet the challenges of a rapidly-changing, complex and culturally-diverse world.
- Annie Wright Schools offer a co-ordinate program, meaning that classes are single-gender, while some elective activites are co-ed.
- School accreditations: NAIS, NWAIS, TABS, NCGS, ERB, IBSC
- Submit Review for Annie Wright Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
March 19, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 14, 2018
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.