Bridgton Academy Photo #2 - Welcome to Bridgton Academy! Located in the Western Maine foothills and the heart of Maine's Lake Region, we've been preparing young men for the rigors of college and beyond since 1808. We Know PG.
Bridgton Academy Photo #3 - Our multi-use turf field serves the football, soccer, and lacrosse teams, and is the hub of the top of campus.
Bridgton Academy Photo #4 - Koop Field was dedicated in 2016. A turf infield, grass outfield baseball complex, Koop Field is a collegiate-level baseball facility that serves our year-round baseball program.
Bridgton Academy Photo #5 - With 14 classes available for college credit, Bridgton Academy students not only gain invaluable experience for success in college, but they will actually be ahead of the game when they enroll in higher education.
The nation's only all-postgraduate program focused on developing young men, exclusively in the year between high school and college.
Unmatched college-preparatory academics, NCAA-level athletic development, and a purposeful residential life experience foster the self-confidence and personal growth necessary for success in college and life.
Located in the picturesque Lakes and Mountains Region of Western Maine, only 50 minutes from the coastal city of Portland.
Create your opportunity with Bridgton Academy, "the year that makes THE difference"! www.bridgtonacademy.org.
- Grades: (Boarding) 12-12, PG
- Enrollment: 170 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $62,500
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Definition of Terms | 2023 School Data
Boarding School Avg.
Grades Offered (Boarding)
% Students of Color
% International Students
% Students Boarding
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Classroom Dress Code
Average Class Size
* National Avg. »18
Student : Teacher Ratio
# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered
ESL Courses Offered
% Faculty with Advanced Degree
Summer Program Offered
Tuition international students
% Students on Financial Aid
Avg. Financial Aid Grant
Merit Scholarships Offered
None / Rolling
Accepts Standardized Application
Director of Admissions
# Interscholastic Sports Offered
Total Extracurricular Organizations
10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)
- Young men who have graduated high school and are seeking a prep-school year before taking on the challenges of college.
- A skills-based core curriculum that emphasizes communication, critical thinking, and computation.
- College Courses are offered and taught in person on our campus to qualified students.
- Focused Academic Coaching (FAC) - open to all students, but especially for those with hidden learning differences-designed to develop self-advocacy skills, executive function skills, and various study strategies.
- SAT Preparation - a series of workshops offered during the fall semester. This program may be taken in addition to a student's normal course load. Both the SAT and the ACT are administered on campus in November, December, January, and February, and students can take either exam if they wish.
- Writing Program - writing is the cornerstone of the curriculum: it is required in every course. To prepare students for the demands of college writing, the Academy has a Writing Center for one-on-one help at any point in the writing process on any writing assignment.
- NCAA-level Athletic Program - Bridgton offers interscholastic competition in nine sports and intramural participation in several. Our athletic teams play against some of New England's finest college and university junior varsity (JV) teams, as well as other prep schools. College opponents have included: Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, Bowdoin, Columbia, Colgate, Boston University, The United States Naval Academy, The United States Military Academy West Point, and Tufts. Prep school opponents have included: Phillips Andover, Phillips Academy of Exeter, Buckingham, Brown and Nichols, Army Prep, and Navy Prep. Bridgton Academy's varsity athletic programs (Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Hockey, Lacrosse, and Soccer) are year-round, college-model programs designed to give our student-athletes an experience like the one they may have at the collegiate level.
- Bridgton Academy accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Victor Cruz '05 - Super Bowl champion, current wide receiver for Chicago Bears
- Brigadier General David Brigham '84 - Executive Officer, NATO Allied Land Command at US Army.
- Steven Brooks '03 - Two-time NCAA D I Lacrosse Champion (Syracuse University), MLL Champion (Chesapeake Bayhawks)
- Dan Egan '83 - World-famous Extreme Skier and Emmy-nominated Producer/Director, 2017 inductee, American Ski Hall of Fame
- Carlos Canino '84 - ATF Special Agent In Charge-Miami Field Division
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bridgton Academy cost?
Bridgton Academy's tuition is approximately $62,500 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of Bridgton Academy?
The acceptance rate of Bridgton Academy is 70%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 60%.
Who are famous alumni from Bridgton Academy?
Bridgton Academy famous alumni include: Victor Cruz '05, Brigadier General David Brigham '84, Steven Brooks '03, Dan Egan '83 and Carlos Canino '84.
What sports does Bridgton Academy offer?
Bridgton Academy offers 10 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer and Tennis.
What is Bridgton Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Bridgton Academy?
The application deadline for Bridgton Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Navigating the Modern Maze: Emerging Challenges for Boarding Schools
Explore the pressing challenges facing boarding schools, from marketing difficulties and rising insurance costs to facility maintenance and recruitment of competent trustees and teachers. This article delves into these complex issues and proposes innovative strategies to overcome them.
What To Wear at Your Job Interview
Navigating job interviews can be stressful, but knowing what to wear shouldn't be. Our comprehensive guide covers the essential dress code tips for men and women interviewing at boarding schools. Make your first impression count with style and professionalism.
July 23, 2023Boarding School Pros and Cons: History and Common Misconceptions
We address common misconceptions about boarding schools, shedding light on the actual experiences versus perceived notions. Ideal for parents contemplating this educational choice for their children, the essay provides a balanced perspective on the topic.