Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 12-12, PG
- Enrollment: 170 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $62,500
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Bridgton Academy ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 294 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
Diversity Club, Peer Tutoring, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fishing Club, Outing Club, Weightlifting, Wolverines
- Young men who have graduated high school and are seeking a prep-school year before taking on the challenges of college.
- A skills-based core curriculum that emphasizes communication, critical thinking, and computation.
- College Courses are offered and taught in person on our campus to qualified students.
- Focused Academic Coaching (FAC) - open to all students, but especially for those with hidden learning differences-designed to develop self-advocacy skills, executive function skills, and various study strategies.
- SAT Preparation - a series of workshops offered during the fall semester. This program may be taken in addition to a student's normal course load. Both the SAT and the ACT are administered on campus in November, December, January, and February, and students can take either exam if they wish.
- Writing Program - writing is the cornerstone of the curriculum: it is required in every course. To prepare students for the demands of college writing, the Academy has a Writing Center for one-on-one help at any point in the writing process on any writing assignment.
- NCAA-level Athletic Program - Bridgton offers interscholastic competition in nine sports and intramural participation in several. Our athletic teams play against some of New England's finest college and university junior varsity (JV) teams, as well as other prep schools. College opponents have included: Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, Bowdoin, Columbia, Colgate, Boston University, The United States Naval Academy, The United States Military Academy West Point, and Tufts. Prep school opponents have included: Phillips Andover, Phillips Academy of Exeter, Buckingham, Brown and Nichols, Army Prep, and Navy Prep. Bridgton Academy's varsity athletic programs (Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Hockey, Lacrosse, and Soccer) are year-round, college-model programs designed to give our student-athletes an experience like the one they may have at the collegiate level.
- Bridgton Academy accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Victor Cruz '05 - Super Bowl champion, current wide receiver for Chicago Bears
- Brigadier General David Brigham '84 - Executive Officer, NATO Allied Land Command at US Army.
- Steven Brooks '03 - Two-time NCAA D I Lacrosse Champion (Syracuse University), MLL Champion (Chesapeake Bayhawks)
- Dan Egan '83 - World-famous Extreme Skier and Emmy-nominated Producer/Director, 2017 inductee, American Ski Hall of Fame
- Carlos Canino '84 - ATF Special Agent In Charge-Miami Field Division
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bridgton Academy cost?
Bridgton Academy's tuition is approximately $62,500 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of Bridgton Academy?
The acceptance rate of Bridgton Academy is 70%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Bridgton Academy?
Bridgton Academy famous alumni include: Victor Cruz '05, Brigadier General David Brigham '84, Steven Brooks '03, Dan Egan '83 and Carlos Canino '84.
What sports does Bridgton Academy offer?
Bridgton Academy offers 10 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer and Tennis.
What is Bridgton Academy's ranking?
Bridgton Academy ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High percentage of boarding students and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Bridgton Academy?
The application deadline for Bridgton Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).