The Kiski School
- One of America`s oldest boys` boarding schools, Kiski enrolls young gentlemen from 13 countries and 19 states who wish to prepare for the rigors of the nation`s best colleges and universities.
- Kiski`s 350-acre campus overlooks the small town of Saltsburg, PA, only 30 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. Kiski`s dynamic faculty employs technology every day, and each student uses a school-issued laptop to use for homework and in-class activities.
- The best practices for teaching boys are used, from project-based learning to competition based initiatives, allowing for students to discover their strengths and weaknesses.
- Through the utilization of all hours of the day, boys can truly thrive as they explore history, arts, athletics, academics, and most importantly themselves on their way to becoming a well-rounded person.
- About 200 students and roughly 40 faculty and administrators reside on the beautifully wooded campus.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|The Kiski School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Campus Size||350 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||185 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||11 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||21||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$10 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Adam Schapiro|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Frank Bowers|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||21||18|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese, AP English, AP European History, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||31||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Astronomy Club, Book, Caving, Chess Club, Cougar Cup, Cougar Online, Creative Outlet (Middle School), Creative Outlet (Senior School), Creative Writing Club, Culture Club, Fine Arts Society, Gay Straight Allicance (GSA), Global Affairs Club, Hiking & Camping, Host Society (Tour Guides), Ice Climbing, National Spanish Honor Society, New England Math League, OBA Law Club, Ping-Pong, Red Key, campus tour guides, Senior Prefects, The Pontefract, The Quill Pen (yearbook), The Springs Club, Thespian Troupe, UCC Model United Nations, Writing Club, Young Greens
|Year: 2009 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|United States Naval Academy||14|
|Penn State at State College||6|
|Carnegie Mellon University||5|
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||4|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Academic offerings include 21 advanced courses and honors sections are available throughout the curriculum. Teachers are available each evening for academic extra help sessions. A learning support center is housed on campus that offers students study strategies, writing tips, and more from our Learning Support Specialist.
- Social events include several dances and cultural exchanges. Trips to movies, malls, restaurants, sporting events, various outdoor activities, and historical trips are just a few of the events that take place throughout the school year.
- Parents have home telephone numbers and email addresses of all Kiski faculty and administrators. Parents and families are welcomed at numerous events throughout the school year.
- Tours and admission interviews are available by appointment throughout the year. Call 724-639-8035 or email email@example.com to make arrangements.
- The Kiski School accreditations: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Jack Hanna - Zoologist
- David Conrad - Actor
- Bob Matthias - Olympic Gold Medalist
- Carroll "Beano" Cook - ESPN Football Commentator and historian
- Marshall Goldberg - Director
- Daryll Clark - Former Penn State Quarterback who signed as a 2010 Free-Agent with the Washington Redskins
- Curtis Ennis - Former NFL running back
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for The Kiski School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Four reasons shaped our decision. I share these and other insights with you.
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
What are you allowed to bring to boarding school? What are you not allowed to bring to boarding school? Answers to those questions and more.