The Kiski School
The Kiski School Photo #2 - As 2019 state soccer champions, our varsity soccer team trains throughout the year. With 17 varsity sports, Kiski boys practice hard and compete harder on the field, on the courts, on the track, on the rink and in the pool and in the gym. With opportunities to work out in our state-of-the-art weight room and athletic facilities our student-athletes stay in top physical shape for 3-season sports
One of America`s oldest boys` boarding schools, Kiski enrolls young gentlemen from 13 countries and 19 states who wish to prepare for the rigors of the nation`s best colleges and universities.
Kiski`s 350-acre campus overlooks the small town of Saltsburg, PA, only 30 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. Kiski`s dynamic faculty employs technology every day, and each student uses a school-issued laptop to use for homework and in-class activities.
The best practices for teaching boys are used, from project-based learning to competition based initiatives, allowing for students to discover their strengths and weaknesses.
Through the utilization of all hours of the day, boys can truly thrive as they explore history, arts, athletics, academics, and most importantly themselves on their way to becoming a well-rounded person.
About 200 students and roughly 40 faculty and administrators reside on the beautifully wooded campus.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|The Kiski School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||5-12|
|Campus Size||350 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||192 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||11 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 18
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||21||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$10 million||$25 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Bramble Buran|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Doug Caputo|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||21||18|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese, AP English, AP European History, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||16||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Astronomy Club, Book, campus tour guides, Chess Club, Clay Breakers Sporting Clays shooting club, Cougar Cup, Cougar Online, Creative Writing Club, Culture Club, Hiking & Camping, New England Math League, Ping-Pong, Senior Prefects, Thespian Troupe, Writing Club
|Year: 2009 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|United States Naval Academy||14|
|Penn State at State College||6|
|Carnegie Mellon University||5|
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||4|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Academic offerings include 21 advanced courses and honors sections are available throughout the curriculum. Teachers are available each evening for academic extra help sessions. A learning support center is housed on campus that offers students study strategies, writing tips, and more from our Learning Support Specialist.
- Social events include several dances and cultural exchanges. Trips to movies, malls, restaurants, sporting events, various outdoor activities, and historical trips are just a few of the events that take place throughout the school year.
- Parents have home telephone numbers and email addresses of all Kiski faculty and administrators. Parents and families are welcomed at numerous events throughout the school year.
- Tours and admission interviews are available by appointment throughout the year. Call 724-639-8035 or email email@example.com to make arrangements.
- The Kiski School accreditations: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Jack Hanna - Zoologist
- David Conrad - Actor
- Bob Matthias - Olympic Gold Medalist
- Carroll "Beano" Cook - ESPN Football Commentator and historian
- Marshall Goldberg - Director
- Daryll Clark - Former Penn State Quarterback who signed as a 2010 Free-Agent with the Washington Redskins
- Curtis Ennis - Former NFL running back
Profile last updated: 11/02/2021
- Submit Review for The Kiski School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 120 students 324.8 miles476 Skiff Mountain Road
Kent, CT 06757
(860) 927-0047324.89-12, PG120
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
After months of research, school visits, interviews, and tests, you find out that you've been waitlisted. Relax. It's not the end of the world. Here's what to do.
Thinking about sending your tween to boarding school? The personal attention and comprehensive programs which junior boarding schools offer are worth a serious review.