Most Selective Boarding Schools
- Among "All-Girls Schools", view the boarding schools with the lowest acceptance rates (2018-19).
- Acceptance rates listed below reflect the average rate of acceptance for all applicants (boarding and day applicants) in the previous year.
- Keep in mind that acceptance rates may be lower or higher than the average acceptance rate depending on: what grade you are applying for, whether you are a boarding applicant or day student applicant, and the time of year you are applying.
- Schools typically have the most openings for freshmen and sophomores (many schools do not accept incoming seniors), so applying for entrance into 9th or 10th grade may improve your chances of admission.
- Acceptance rates between boarding applicants and day student applicants may differ (i.e., schools in certain areas may a higher ratio of day student applicants to day student openings, versus boarding applicants to boarding openings; the acceptance rate of some schools will actually be lower for day applicants and higher for boarding applicants).
- Many, but not all, schools will accept applications after application deadlines, but admission generally becomes more difficult.
Chatham Hall Photo - Whether you ve been riding your whole life or have always wanted to you can find a place in our program. The Chatham Hall campus is home to more than 30 horses, three teaching arenas, a permanent Hunter Trials course, and plenty of trails. We teach hunt seat the Modern Forward Riding System with an emphasis on horse and rider
The Madeira School Photo - Madeira's 376-acre campus in McLean, Virginia, overlooks the Potomac River from a perch just 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.
Stoneleigh-Burnham School Photo - Stoneleigh-Burnham offers one of the premier equestrian centers among secondary schools in the U.S. Our equestrian center is located on campus and that means girls can walk from their classes and dorm rooms directly to the barn. Every rider, from the complete novice to the advanced jumper, receives personalized instruction from experienced coaches that reflects her interests, goals, and abilities.
Dana Hall School Photo - Teams sports are not the only avenue for Dana students to gain the essential health benefits of fitness and athletics.
St. Timothy's School Photo - The Commons is equal parts living room and dining room. The newest building on campus, the Commons is a gathering space that houses the dining hall and the new Redlands Cafe.
Oldfields School Photo - Our renowned equestrian program takes learning out of the classroom and into the barn.
St. Margaret's School Photo - BELIEVE IN SOMETHING GREATER. * What kind of person will you be? Honest? Trustworthy? Responsible? * Our honor code inspires a culture of honesty and promotes trust in one another. * We have confidence that you will do the right thing, even when no one is watching. * We believe in you.
Lowest Acceptance Rates (2018-19)
Among All-Girls Schools (out of 15 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School Acceptance Rate Grades Location
Grades: 9-12, PG | 6-12, PG (day)
230 Bushy Hill Road
Simsbury, CT 06070
- 13.-15. >70%
54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
You can pay for boarding school in several different ways. One option will be right for you.
Graduates of boarding schools end up doing all sorts of things. Many of them become distinguished leaders in their chosen fields.