St. Timothy's School
St. Timothy's School Photo #2 - The Commons is equal parts living room and dining room. The newest building on campus, the Commons is a gathering space that houses the dining hall and the new Redlands Cafe.
St. Timothy's School Photo #3 - Dedicated in 2012, the Grass Family Turf Field is a FIFA II/quality synthetic field with 100% organic infill. It is the home field for St. Timothy's field hockey, lacrosse, and soccer teams.
St. Timothy's School Photo #4 - A St. Timothy's education reflects the increasingly globalized, interconnected society in which we live, giving students a world perspective in mathematics, the sciences, social sciences, languages, literature, technology and the arts.
St. Timothy's School Photo #5 - The Redlands Farm at St. Timothy's School is designed to serve as an on-site sustainable farming operation dedicated to growing produce for the campus dining program and supporting experiential learning opportunities for students.
St. Timothy's School Photo #6 - The Brownie-Spider basketball court, built in 2012, is the site of the annual Brownie-Spider basketball game, a beloved tradition that dates back more than 120 years.
St. Timothy's School Photo #7 - At St. Timothy's, art is fundamental to your student experience as a form of communication, as a form of creative expression, and as a way to help you better understand yourself and the world around you.
St. Timothy's School Photo #8 - St. Timothy's Dance program offers students the opportunity to explore and continue their progress in a variety of dance techniques, from ballet to tap to modern, regardless of skill level.
St. Timothy's School Photo #9 - St. Timothy`s School choir, the "Moongates," sings a wide variety of literature, including folk, classical, and multicultural. The Moongates perform in Chapel each week, as well as at Convocation, Commencement, our annual holiday concert - Lessons and Carols - and other events both on and off campus.
- St. Timothy's is a private, all-girls boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12, offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (DP) and Middle Years Program (MYP).
- Our goal is to prepare students for lives of meaning and consequence by providing a comprehensive and flexible academic program in a supportive, richly resourced, and beautiful setting.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Muhlenberg College The school has a large body of international students and teachers. This brings many different perspectives under one roof. When certain types of questions were asked, girls showed their true colors. It was a good. . .
- Fordham University St. Timothy's has so many special and unique traditions that really help to unite the student body. Everybody gets involved and comes together as a community and it connects everyone as a family, which is. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|St. Timothy's School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||145 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||200 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||9 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||28||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(International Fee is $230)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$20,000||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Cameron Steese|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||15|
|Sports||Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||26||24|
|Extracurriculars||International Club, Self Government Association, Social Services Club|
Club or Organization:
Activities Programming Board (APB), Baltimore Girls School Leadership Coalition, Black Awareness Club (BAC), Choir, Duke of Edinburgh (DOE), Equestrian Club, Film Club, Global Issues Network (GIN), Green School, Hand Bell Choir, Interfaith Club, Math Club, Model United Nations, Moongates (Acapella), Morale, Peer Tutors, Prefects, Shalom Club, STEM, Student Ambassadors, The Steward - Yearbook, Unity Club, Visual Arts Clu
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- The School's residential structure enables faculty to support students in their personal, social, and intellectual development. Boarding and day students as well as our parents, alumnae, and friends appreciate the individual attention, the community atmosphere, the spiritual richness, and the high standards that characterize the St. Timothy's experience. The academic program fosters excellence in all disciplines within the liberal arts tradition. Faculty members guide students in mastering skills, acquiring knowledge, and thinking critically, creatively and independently. The School strives to help girls achieve their potential not only intellectually, but also artistically, athletically, and morally, so that they may lead responsible and fulfilling lives.
- St. Timothy's School is committed to establishing a community that encourages people of diverse backgrounds and beliefs to understand and respect one another and to be sensitive to differences. In its programs, the School seeks to promote a balance of leadership, cooperation, and service, together with a deeper awareness of the global community and the natural world. Each member of our tight-knit community has special talents and gifts that help fulfill the mission of the School.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences
- St. Timothy's School accreditations: NAIS, AIMS, IB MYP, IB World School, NAES, TABS, NCGS
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for St. Timothy's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12| 298 students 3.9 miles300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Learn about the Post-Graduate(PG) Year, and how it can benefit certain students.
Boarding Schools in a Minute gives an overview of independent residential schools in North America.
No shortcuts exist to filling the seats in your private school. It requires savvy, effective marketing. More here.