St. Timothy's School
St. Timothy's School Photo #2 - The Redlands Farm at St. Timothy's School is designed to serve as an on-site sustainable farming operation dedicated to growing produce for the campus dining program and supporting experiential learning opportunities for students.
St. Timothy's School Photo #3 - The Commons is equal parts living room and dining room. The newest building on campus, the Commons is a gathering space that houses the dining hall and the new Redlands Cafe.
St. Timothy's School Photo #4 - Dedicated in 2012, the Grass Family Turf Field is a FIFA II/quality synthetic field with 100% organic infill. It is the home field for St. Timothy's field hockey, lacrosse, and soccer teams.
St. Timothy's School Photo #5 - A St. Timothy's education reflects the increasingly globalized, interconnected society in which we live, giving students a world perspective in mathematics, the sciences, social sciences, languages, literature, technology and the arts.
St. Timothy's School Photo #6 - The Brownie-Spider basketball court, built in 2012, is the site of the annual Brownie-Spider basketball game, a beloved tradition that dates back more than 120 years.
St. Timothy's School Photo #7 - St. Timothy's Dance program offers students the opportunity to explore and continue their progress in a variety of dance techniques, from ballet to tap to modern, regardless of skill level.
St. Timothy's School Photo #8 - At St. Timothy's, art is fundamental to your student experience as a form of communication, as a form of creative expression, and as a way to help you better understand yourself and the world around you.
St. Timothy's School Photo #9 - St. Timothy`s School choir, the "Moongates," sings a wide variety of literature, including folk, classical, and multicultural. The Moongates perform in Chapel each week, as well as at Convocation, Commencement, our annual holiday concert - Lessons and Carols - and other events both on and off campus.
St. Timothy`s girls are fearless in their pursuit of knowledge-independent-minded problem solvers who are highly valued by the nation`s finest and most interesting colleges and universities.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Muhlenberg College The school has a large body of international students and teachers. This brings many different perspectives under one roof. When certain types of questions were asked, girls showed their true colors. It was a good. . .
- Fordham University St. Timothy's has so many special and unique traditions that really help to unite the student body. Everybody gets involved and comes together as a community and it connects everyone as a family, which is. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|St. Timothy's School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||145 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||185 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||8 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||7:1|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||28||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||16|
|Sports||Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Riding, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||37||23|
Club or Organization:
Baltimore Girls School Leadership Coalition, Black Awareness Club (BAC), Center for Learning and Teaching (CLT), Choir, College Counseling, Environmental Club, Equestrian Club, Five Arts Club, Girl Up, Global Issues Network (GIN), Hand Bell Choir, Interfaith Club, International Club, Model United Nations, Moongates, Prefects (Student Leaders), Social Services Club, Speech and Drama, STEM Club, Student Ambassadors, Theory of Knowledge, Unity Club, Winterim, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
IB Theater Program, IB Visual Arts, International Festival, Lessons and Carols Holiday Program, Makers Space, Music Appreciation, Private Music Study Options, Theater Productions (3x)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Brownie-Spider, Farming and Agriculture, Health and Wellness, Service Learning
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- St. Timothy`s School students are known as self possessed young women of intellectual curiosity, independent mindsets, expansive worldviews, and strong-but-empathetic voices.
- They`re comfortable with rigor, studying in the widely respected InternationalBaccalaureate (IB) program. They are known and supported here, surrounded byinspiring teachers who understand their individual talents and learning styles.
- Their classes meet around seminar tables, in cutting-edge science and innovation labs, or in the new Five Arts and Student Center. Their studies also take them beyond the classroom-to cultural institutions, policy centers, and historic sites.
- Through a student life curriculum centered in health and wellness programming, our girls come to understand the importance of making healthy choices.
- St. Timothy`s girls are fearless in their pursuit of knowledge-independent-minded problem solvers who are highly valued by the nation`s finest and most interesting colleges and universities.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences
- St. Timothy's School accreditations: NAIS, AIMS, IB MYP, IB World School, NAES, TABS, NCGS
Profile last updated: 08/12/2021
- Submit Review for St. Timothy's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12| 548 students 3.9 miles300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Thinking about making a major gift to your school? How about endowing a faculty chair? More here.
American boarding schools have always welcomed international students. Rigorous academic programs, extensive athletic programs, and a wide range of extracurricular activities attract students from all over the world.
Admissions to boarding school is a process with many components. The process can be confusing to parents dealing with boarding school admissions for the first time. We guide you through the process.