Most Selective Boarding Schools
- Among "Military Schools", view the boarding schools with the lowest acceptance rates (2018-19).
- Acceptance rates listed below reflect the average rate of acceptance for all applicants (boarding and day applicants) in the previous year.
- Keep in mind that acceptance rates may be lower or higher than the average acceptance rate depending on: what grade you are applying for, whether you are a boarding applicant or day student applicant, and the time of year you are applying.
- Schools typically have the most openings for freshmen and sophomores (many schools do not accept incoming seniors), so applying for entrance into 9th or 10th grade may improve your chances of admission.
- Acceptance rates between boarding applicants and day student applicants may differ (i.e., schools in certain areas may a higher ratio of day student applicants to day student openings, versus boarding applicants to boarding openings; the acceptance rate of some schools will actually be lower for day applicants and higher for boarding applicants).
- Many, but not all, schools will accept applications after application deadlines, but admission generally becomes more difficult.
Army and Navy Academy Photo - Our oceanfront campus is a major draw. Located in sunny San Diego, California, our school offers private beach access. We're the only military school in the country with a surf team! There's nothing like relaxing at the beach after a long day of classes.
Randolph-Macon Academy Photo - Randolph-Macon Academy's Flight Program includes a drone class called Unmanned Flight Operations. Students finish with the knowledge base for the FAA exam so they can obtain their commercial drone license if they so desire. This class is just one of the innovative offerings at R-MA.
Fork Union Military Academy Photo - The cadets in parade formation. The first full dress parade of the year begins usually at the end of April and is on Sunday.
New Mexico Military Institute Photo - The Centennial Flame honoring all NMMI alumnae past and present burns brightly to underscore the Institute motto: Duty, Honor, Achievement.
Admiral Farragut Academy Photo - All dorm rooms have a private bathroom and many have waterfront views.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo - At Massanutten Military Academy, our holistic approach to education guides students to excel academically and grow as well-rounded adults. Our co-ed, college prep program focuses on character development, leadership, and service to help your student realize success. We believe in experiential learning promoting a STEM program, 100% college acceptances and 100% participation in athletics. Your child's success can begin today.
Riverside Military Academy Photo - Riverside Military Academy cadet officers stand at attention during a parade on Maginnis Field.
St. John's Northwestern Military Academy Photo - Leadership training is one of the cornerstones of cadet life at SJNMA. The goal of the Academy is to prepare each of our cadets for success in life by instilling in them a solid work ethic, an understanding of the value of integrity and teamwork, and the ability to think critically, communicate well, and function in a diverse and ever-changing world.
St. Catherine's Academy Photo - St. Catherine's recognizes the important role that athletics plays in the development of a well-rounded young man. Our physical education program and championship athletic teams seek to develop skills and capabilities that reach far beyond the athletic field.
Marine Military Academy Photo - All Marine Military Academy (MMA)Cadets participate in public parades held throughout the year. All parades are held on the MMA Parade Grounds directly adjacent to the Iwo Jima Monument, located at 320 Iwo Jima Boulevard in Harlingen, next to Valley International Airport. MMA’s Honor Band and Silent Drill Team performs at most parades with the exception of summer camp and introductory training graduations.
Lowest Acceptance Rates (2018-19)
Among Military Schools (out of 15 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School Acceptance Rate Grades Location
Grades: 7-12, PG
320 Iwo Jima Blvd
Harlingen, TX 78550
Grades: 4-8 | K-8 (day)
215 N. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92805
1101 Genesee Street
Delafield, WI 53018
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.