Most Selective Boarding Schools
- Among "Military Schools", view the boarding schools with the lowest acceptance rates (2018-19).
- Acceptance rates listed below reflect the average rate of acceptance for all applicants (boarding and day applicants) in the previous year.
- Keep in mind that acceptance rates may be lower or higher than the average acceptance rate depending on: what grade you are applying for, whether you are a boarding applicant or day student applicant, and the time of year you are applying.
- Schools typically have the most openings for freshmen and sophomores (many schools do not accept incoming seniors), so applying for entrance into 9th or 10th grade may improve your chances of admission.
- Acceptance rates between boarding applicants and day student applicants may differ (i.e., schools in certain areas may a higher ratio of day student applicants to day student openings, versus boarding applicants to boarding openings; the acceptance rate of some schools will actually be lower for day applicants and higher for boarding applicants).
- Many, but not all, schools will accept applications after application deadlines, but admission generally becomes more difficult.
Fork Union Military Academy Photo - The cadets in parade formation. The first full dress parade of the year begins usually at the end of April and is on Sunday.
St. John's Northwestern Military Academy Photo - Leadership training is one of the cornerstones of cadet life at SJNMA. The goal of the Academy is to prepare each of our cadets for success in life by instilling in them a solid work ethic, an understanding of the value of integrity and teamwork, and the ability to think critically, communicate well, and function in a diverse and ever-changing world.
Riverside Military Academy Photo - Riverside Military Academy cadet officers stand at attention during a parade on Maginnis Field.
Marine Military Academy Photo - All Marine Military Academy (MMA)Cadets participate in public parades held throughout the year. All parades are held on the MMA Parade Grounds directly adjacent to the Iwo Jima Monument, located at 320 Iwo Jima Boulevard in Harlingen, next to Valley International Airport. MMA’s Honor Band and Silent Drill Team performs at most parades with the exception of summer camp and introductory training graduations.
Missouri Military Academy Photo - Established in 1889, Missouri Military Academy has transformed young men into leaders who are well-educated, prepared gentlemen of character. Our long history and distinct traditions inspire a sense of pride and duty among the young men who seek to fulfill their potential at MMA.
Randolph-Macon Academy Photo - Randolph-Macon Academy's Flight Program includes a drone class called Unmanned Flight Operations. Students finish with the knowledge base for the FAA exam so they can obtain their commercial drone license if they so desire. This class is just one of the innovative offerings at R-MA.
St. Catherine's Academy Photo - St. Catherine's recognizes the important role that athletics plays in the development of a well-rounded young man. Our physical education program and championship athletic teams seek to develop skills and capabilities that reach far beyond the athletic field.
New Mexico Military Institute Photo - The Centennial Flame honoring all NMMI alumnae past and present burns brightly to underscore the Institute motto: Duty, Honor, Achievement.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo - At Massanutten Military Academy, our holistic approach to education guides students to excel academically and grow as well-rounded adults. Our co-ed, college prep program focuses on character development, leadership, and service to help your student realize success. We believe in experiential learning promoting a STEM program, 100% college acceptances and 100% participation in athletics. Your child's success can begin today.
Lowest Acceptance Rates (2018-19)
Among Military Schools (out of 15 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School Acceptance Rate Grades Location
- 4.-15.Rank: #4-15>70%
Grades: 7-12, PG
320 Iwo Jima Blvd
Harlingen, TX 78550
- 4.-15.Rank: #4-15>70%
Grades: 4-8 | K-8 (day)
215 N. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92805
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
You need to know what is being taught before you decide which boarding school is best for you.
Spotlight on boarding schools in Canada.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.