Army and Navy Academy
- Grades: (Boarding) 7-12
- Enrollment: 320 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $48,000
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $28,000
- Acceptance rate: 73%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Army and Navy Academy ranks among the top 5 military schools (out of 16 military schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
AP / Advanced Courses
Anti-Bullying, ASB, Astronomy, Aviation, California Scholarship Federation, Chess Club, Community Service Club, Computer Science, Forensics Club, Garden Club, Harvard Model Congress, International Club, Key Club, Letterman's Club, Multi-Cultural Club, National Honor Society, Peer counseling, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
ANA TV Production, Band & Jazz Club, Marching Band, Music Composition on MAC, Photography
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Strength & Conditioning, Surf Team, Weightlifting
Long respected as one of the top private military schools in the United States, the Academy attracts students from all over the U.S. and abroad. As a Gurian Model School, the single-gender focus on how boys learn, engage, and become motivated sets the Academy apart.The Academy offers a highly structured daily schedule, incorporating U.C. standard-based academics, after-school tutorial, varsity and junior varsity sports, mandatory study time, relaxation time, and healthy dining. Interactive lessons, small class sizes, personal attention, and formal leadership training motivate each student to reach his full potential. This combination - leadership education, a college-prep curriculum, and the commitment to teaching in the ways that boys learn best - all add up to create The Warrior Experience.Academics
- Our teachers are trained in single-gender teaching techniques. They know and understand the ways that boys learn best so that students stay engaged in the classroom.
- The student-teacher ratio is 15:1 allowing for personalized instruction and attention that few other schools can match.
- Our College Counseling Office and U.C. Standard-based curriculum prepares our students for success after high school, whether at a college/university, military service academy, or other choices.
- Electives include: Aviation, Yearbook, ESOL, Learning Strategies, Visual and Performing Arts, and much more.
- AP and Honors Courses are taught by dedicated faculty experts.
- Most of our graduates attend universities, including: University of California campuses, NYU, Cornell, Columbia, Rutgers, Johns Hopkins, Boston College, Texas A & M, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and many others. Some graduates elect to attend ROTC universities and the Academy has a strong repuation for maticulation to top military service academies.
- Alumni are leaders in business, law, medicine, government, technology, the arts and the military.
- CIF-sanctioned sports and team sport options include: football, basketball, cross country, wrestling, surfing, golf, tennis, and more.
- Physical activity is key to health and an important part of the daily schedule. Cadets participate in a team sport or physical training each day after classes end.
- Our state-of-the-art Duffield Sports Complex is one of the most impressive athletic facilities in the San Diego area.
- Our award-winning Honor Unit with Distinction JROTC program gives the Academy the privilege of nominating Cadets directly to each of the U.S. service academies, including United States Military Academy at West Point and the United States Naval Academy at Annapolis.
- Our curriculum emphasizes self-discipline, teamwork, responsibility, accountability, time management, and leadership training.
- Coastal North San Diego County
- Near Shops, Restaurants, and Hotels
- Rapid Transit, Trains, and Airports Nearbly
- Beachfront Campus on over 16 acres
- Historic mission-style architecture
- Master Plan in progress
- LD types supported: IEP or 504 required
- Army and Navy Academy accreditations: California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Army and Navy Academy cost?
Army and Navy Academy's tuition is approximately $48,000 for boarding students and $28,000 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Army and Navy Academy?
The acceptance rate of Army and Navy Academy is 73%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%. Army and Navy Academy's acceptance rate is ranked as one of the top boarding schools with low acceptance rates.
What sports does Army and Navy Academy offer?
Army and Navy Academy offers 14 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Wrestling.
Does Army and Navy Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, Army and Navy Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Army and Navy Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Army and Navy Academy?
The application deadline for Army and Navy Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2012
Class of 1980
Arizona State University
Class of 1980
Claytion College of Natural Health