Most Selective Boarding Schools
- Among "All-Boys Schools", view the boarding schools with the lowest acceptance rates (2018-19).
- Acceptance rates listed below reflect the average rate of acceptance for all applicants (boarding and day applicants) in the previous year.
- Keep in mind that acceptance rates may be lower or higher than the average acceptance rate depending on: what grade you are applying for, whether you are a boarding applicant or day student applicant, and the time of year you are applying.
- Schools typically have the most openings for freshmen and sophomores (many schools do not accept incoming seniors), so applying for entrance into 9th or 10th grade may improve your chances of admission.
- Acceptance rates between boarding applicants and day student applicants may differ (i.e., schools in certain areas may a higher ratio of day student applicants to day student openings, versus boarding applicants to boarding openings; the acceptance rate of some schools will actually be lower for day applicants and higher for boarding applicants).
- Many, but not all, schools will accept applications after application deadlines, but admission generally becomes more difficult.
Chaminade College Preparatory School Photo - Chaminade's student to teacher ratio is 10:1, with an average class size of 17 students.
Army and Navy Academy Photo - Our oceanfront campus is a major draw. Located in sunny San Diego, California, our school offers private beach access. We're the only military school in the country with a surf team! There's nothing like relaxing at the beach after a long day of classes.
Marine Military Academy Photo - All Marine Military Academy (MMA)Cadets participate in public parades held throughout the year. All parades are held on the MMA Parade Grounds directly adjacent to the Iwo Jima Monument, located at 320 Iwo Jima Boulevard in Harlingen, next to Valley International Airport. MMA’s Honor Band and Silent Drill Team performs at most parades with the exception of summer camp and introductory training graduations.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo - We teach our art classes in a step-by-step manner-how to match pitch, to throw a pot, to draw a line. Even if you think you're not artistic, you'll build on these skills over time so you can develop your own creativity and awaken the artist in you.
Eaglebrook School Photo - Eaglebrook School teaches middle school boys the skills they will need for the rest of their lives. Learn more about our Core Skills at https://www.eaglebrook.org/coreskills.
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo - Boland Hall is the home to many of Prep's 110 resident students. Our campus is less than 5 miles from the Nation's Capital
South Kent School Photo - Since its founding in 1923, South Kent School has provided its students with the intellectual, moral, physical and social framework for scholastic achievement in college and productive citizenship in adult society.
Camden Military Academy Photo - TEAMWORK!! A lesson better learned outside the classroom. Involvement in extra curricular activities (clubs, sports or band) is not an option because these activities often teach valuable life lessons.
Missouri Military Academy Photo - At MMA, students can broaden their skills and experiences. Elective courses and activities include band, drama, chorus, art and web design. Outside of the classroom, students can earn a private pilot's license via our aviation program. SCUBA, WWII reenactment, rifle team, photography and fencing...these are just a few more unique activities available to cadets.
The Greenwood School Photo - "Makers of Vermont" is a signature program at The Greenwood School in VT, where students learn to craft metal objects and tools in our blacksmith's forge.
St. Catherine's Academy Photo - St. Catherine's recognizes the important role that athletics plays in the development of a well-rounded young man. Our physical education program and championship athletic teams seek to develop skills and capabilities that reach far beyond the athletic field.
Lowest Acceptance Rates (2018-19)
Among All-Boys Schools (out of 31 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School Acceptance Rate Grades Location
14 Greenwood Lane
Putney, VT 05346
58 Harrison Lane
Bethlehem, CT 06751
- 11.-16. 60%-70%
500 Christ School Road
Asheville, NC 28704
Grades: 9-12, PG
1888 Brett Lane
Saltsburg, PA 15681
304 S. Beach Blvd.
Bay St. Louis, MS 39520
Grades: 8-12, PG | 7-12, PG (day)
700 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
62 Alumni Drive
Canaan, NH 03741
425 South Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
Grades: 8-12, PG
3042 College St.
Austinburg, OH 44010
404 Robin Hill Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
Grades: 7-12, PG
320 Iwo Jima Blvd
Harlingen, TX 78550
22520 Mount Michael Road
Elkhorn, NE 68022
Grades: 4-8 | K-8 (day)
215 N. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92805
4129 Lake Shore Road
Hamburg, NY 14075
Grades: 8-12, PG
45 Cottage Road
Oakdale, CT 06370
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.