404 Robin Hill Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
Marlborough, MA 01752
- Hillside School provides a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment for boys in grades 5-9.
- Boarding and day students enjoy a rich curriculum that includes a vibrant visual and performing arts program and competitive athletics.
- Our unique academic and leadership program, "Shades of Blue," builds character, while holding our students accountable to our core values.
- The Academic program is supplemented with small group tutorials offered in language arts, math, organization, and social skills for those students needing extra support.
- Our community is our hallmark; we welcome you to come see for yourself.
- Please visit www.hillsideschool.net for more, and to schedule a visit today.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|School Focus||Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 5-9|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||150 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(shirt, tie and khaki pants)
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$4 million|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Bill Newman|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Sean Hayes|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||16 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Club, Instrumental Study, Performing Arts Foundation, Ping-Pong, Proctor, Prom Club, Ultimate Frisbee, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance Club, Drama Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Band, Dining Hall Prefects, History of American Music, Madrigals, Rock Climbing, Sailing/Crew
- Hillside seeks students who are looking for a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment. Excellent programs for students with minor learning disabilities or ADD/ADHD.
- Hillside is situated on 150 acres in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Marlborough is located just 30 miles West of Boston.
- The Farm at Hillside is utilized by students on a daily basis. Students participate in Farm Immersion twice a year and have the opportunity to work at the Farm every afternoon for their activity.
- Tutorials are available for students who need supplementation and a foundation of skills in Language Arts, Math, Organization, Social Skills and Foundations of Language.
- Hillside offers English as a Second Language for international students and Advanced Transition English for advanced English Language Learners.
- LD types supported: Language-based and Mild Learning Differences
- Hillside School accreditations: The Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE) and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- Submit Review for Hillside School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 3-9| 225 students 52.7 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Grades: 7-9| 475 students 4.9 miles48 Main Street
Southborough, MA 01772
- Grades: 6-9 | 225 students 94 miles62 Alumni Drive
Canaan, NH 03741
- Grades: 3-12 | 21 students 31.8 miles28 Patey Circle
Rindge, NH 03461
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.