404 Robin Hill Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
Marlborough, MA 01752
Tel: (508) 485-3483
Hillside's mission to maximize each student's potential is achieved through our small class size, 7:1 student-teacher ratio, and our academic support programs tailored to meet each boy's needs. Our extracurricular programs develop and challenge each student to perform at his highest level through practice, competition, and outstanding teacher support. Spiritually, the school's focus on others, empathy, brotherhood, and leadership help develop the soul and spirit of each student. Hillside is an all boys junior boarding and day school only 25 miles west of Boston serving 4th through 9th grade students
We provide a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment and our innovative teaching for the 21st-century skills prepares our boys for secondary school and beyond.
The academic program is supplemented with the renowned Wicks Tutorial Center with five certified learning specialists providing small group tutorials offered in language arts, math, executive function, and social skills, for those students needing extra support.
Boarding and day students enjoy a rich curriculum that includes a broad after school program including competitive athletics, the Innovation Lab, and the Hillside Farm.
Our unique academic and leadership program, Shades of Blue, builds character while holding our students accountable to our core values.
Community inclusiveness is our hallmark; we welcome you to come to see for yourself. Please visit us online for more information, and to schedule a visit today.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|School Focus||Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 4-9|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||150 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(shirt, tie and khaki pants)
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$5 million|
|Tuition international students||$65,800|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Sean Hayes|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country Running, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||16 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Club, Eco Team, Instrumental Study, Ping-Pong, Proctor, Robotics Team, Ultimate Frisbee, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Band, Dining Hall Prefects, Farm Program, History of American Music, Innovation Lab, Rock Climbing, Sailing/Crew
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Hillside seeks students who are looking for a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment. Hillside also offers excellent support programs for students with mild learning disabilities or ADHD.
- Outstanding Secondary School placement at some of the nation's most selective schools, including Phillips Andover, Milton Academy, St. Marks, Groton, and Middlesex
- Hillside is situated on 150 acres in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Marlborough is located just 30 miles West of Boston.
- The Farm at Hillside is utilized by students on a daily basis. Students participate in Farm Immersion twice a year and have the opportunity to work at the Farm every afternoon for their activity.
- Tutorials are available for students who need supplementation and a foundation of skills in Language Arts, Math, Executive Function, Social Skills and Foundations of Language.
- Hillside offers English as a Second Language for international students and Advanced Transition English for advanced English Language Learners.
- LD types supported: Language-based and Mild Learning Differences, and Executive Function
- Hillside School accreditations: The Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE) and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Profile last updated: 05/28/2021
- Submit Review for Hillside School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 3-9| 193 students 52.7 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Grades: 4-9 | 76 students 173.2 miles4382 Cascade Road
Lake Placid, NY 12946
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed just about everything in our day-to-day lives. Here's a look at how the pandemic is impacting boarding schools.
A military high school might be an option for your son or daughter. We take a look at what these schools offer.
Whether a school uses the Harkness Table™ or doesn't use the Harkness Table™ is a matter of teaching style worth exploring in some detail.