404 Robin Hill Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
Marlborough, MA 01752
- Hillside's mission to maximize each student's potential is achieved through our small class size, 7:1 student-teacher ratio, and our academic support programs tailored to meet each boy's needs. Our extracurricular programs develop and challenge each student to perform at his highest level through practice, competition, and outstanding teacher support. Spiritually, the school's focus on others, empathy, brotherhood, and leadership help develop the soul and spirit of each student.Hillside is a junior boarding and day school only 25 miles west of Boston serving 4th through 9th grade students
- We provide a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment and our innovative teaching for the 21st-century skills prepares our boys for secondary school and beyond.
- The academic program is supplemented with the renowned Wicks Tutorial Center with five certified learning specialists providing small group tutorials offered in language arts, math, executive function, and social skills, for those students needing extra support.
- Boarding and day students enjoy a rich curriculum that includes a broad after school program including competitive athletics, the Innovation Lab, and the Hillside Farm.
- Our unique academic and leadership program, Shades of Blue, builds character while holding our students accountable to our core values.
- Community inclusiveness is our hallmark; we welcome you to come to see for yourself. Please visit us online for more information, and to schedule a visit today.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|School Focus||Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 4-9|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||150 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(shirt, tie and khaki pants)
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$5 million|
(7-day domestic boarding $57,400 5-day domestic boa)
|Tuition international students||$60,700|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Bill Newman|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jennifer Lagor|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||19 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Club, Eco Team, Instrumental Study, Performing Arts Foundation, Ping-Pong, Proctor, Prom Club, Robotics Team, Ultimate Frisbee, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Band, Dining Hall Prefects, Farm Program, History of American Music, Innovation Lab, Madrigals, Rock Climbing, Sailing/Crew
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Hillside seeks students who are looking for a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment. Excellent programs for students with minor learning disabilities or ADD/ADHD.
- Hillside is situated on 150 acres in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Marlborough is located just 30 miles West of Boston.
- The Farm at Hillside is utilized by students on a daily basis. Students participate in Farm Immersion twice a year and have the opportunity to work at the Farm every afternoon for their activity.
- Tutorials are available for students who need supplementation and a foundation of skills in Language Arts, Math, Organization, Social Skills and Foundations of Language.
- Hillside offers English as a Second Language for international students and Advanced Transition English for advanced English Language Learners.
- LD types supported: Language-based and Mild Learning Differences
- Hillside School accreditations: The Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE) and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Hillside School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 3-9| 224 students 52.7 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Grades: 6-9 | 225 students 94 miles62 Alumni Drive
Canaan, NH 03741
- Grades: 3-12 | 21 students 31.8 miles28 Patey Circle
Rindge, NH 03461
Learn about the benefits of attending a Quaker boarding school.
Sustainable schools have become a part of our 21st century educational fabric.
Thinking about sending your tween to boarding school? The personal attention and comprehensive programs which junior boarding schools offer are worth a serious review.