404 Robin Hill Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
Marlborough, MA 01752
- Hillside School provides a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment for boys in grades 5-9.
- Boarding and day students enjoy a rich curriculum that includes a vibrant visual and performing arts program and competitive athletics.
- Our unique academic and leadership program, "Shades of Blue," builds character, while holding our students accountable to our core values.
- The Academic program is supplemented with small group tutorials offered in language arts, math, organization, and social skills for those students needing extra support.
- Our community is our hallmark; we welcome you to come see for yourself.
- Please visit www.hillsideschool.net for more, and to schedule a visit today.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|School Focus||Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 5-9|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||150 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(shirt, tie and khaki pants)
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$4 million|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Bill Newman|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Sean Hayes|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||16 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Club, Flag Football, Glee Club, Mystery Club, Ping-Pong, Proctor, Ultimate Frisbee, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance Club, Drama Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Band, Eco-team, Intramural Sports, Outdoor Adventure, Rock Climbing, Sailing/Crew
- Hillside seeks students who are looking for a structured, supportive, and challenging academic environment. Excellent programs for students with minor learning disabilities or ADD/ADHD.
- Hillside is situated on 150 acres in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Marlborough is located just 30 miles West of Boston.
- The Farm at Hillside is utilized by students on a daily basis. Students participate in Farm Immersion twice a year and have the opportunity to work at the Farm every afternoon for their activity.
- Tutorials are available for students who need supplementation and a foundation of skills in Language Arts, Math, Organization, Social Skills and Foundations of Language.
- Hillside offers English as a Second Language for international students and Advanced Transition English for advanced English Language Learners.
- LD types supported: Language-based and Mild Learning Differences
- Hillside School accreditations: The Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE) and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- Submit Review for Hillside School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 3-9| 225 students 52.7 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Grades: 7-9| 475 students 4.9 miles48 Main Street
Southborough, MA 01772
- Grades: 6-9 | 225 students 94 miles62 Alumni Drive
Canaan, NH 03741
- Grades: 3-12 | 21 students 31.8 miles28 Patey Circle
Rindge, NH 03461
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
Private school mottoes speak to the high-minded purposes for which most schools were founded.
If you are just beginning to explore boarding schools, this article will give you an overview of the subject. We also point out a couple of things to watch for as you begin your exploration.