New England Innovation Academy
New England Innovation Academy Photo #2 - We will integrate human-centered design into the way we do reading, writing, or math so it becomes part of a student's reflexive response to solving problems.
New England Innovation Academy Photo #3 - NEIA adults and students have visible and invisible diversity. Each innovator has an individual experience before coming to NEIA; we must start building toward finding Purpose from there.
New England Innovation Academy Photo #4 - Our spaces need to respond to an evolving, personalized and experiential curriculum. The curriculum model, and the spaces to support it, must be agile.
New England Innovation Academy Photo #5 - "NEIA students will develop a deep sense of empathy, respect, and responsibility, as well as the courage to be, in Gandhi's words, the change they wish to see in the world."- TOM WOELPER, HEAD OF SCHOOL
New England Innovation Academy (NEIA) is the school the world needs next.
A brand new liberal arts school for day and boarding students in grades 6-12, NEIA is preparing young innovators with a future-focused curriculum, human-centered design, and real-world inclusion.
Set on a beautiful 26-acre campus in Marlborough, Massachusetts, the school offers a custom curriculum informed by research at MIT's Integrated Design and Management program.
NEIA`s curriculum offers a holistic approach to learning, one that balances and enriches interdisciplinary learning through integrated projects, exciting problem solving, active student engagement, and coaching from skilled instructors with disciplinary knowledge.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|New England||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||26 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||80 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(NEIA engages students in a human-centered design approach to school apparel so they have a say in what they wear!)
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||7:1|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(2022-2023 residential tuition is $61,425 for grades 6-8 and $65,625 for grades 9-12. NEIA offers a family individualized tuition program. )
(2022-2023 day tuition is $41,425 for grades 6-8 and $44,625 for grades 9-12. NEIA offers a family individualized tuition program. )
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$25,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Kevin Ramos-Glew|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Maggie Helon|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country Running, Golf, Gymnastics, Intramural Sports Only, Mountaineering, Orienteering, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||14||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Engineering, Gardening Club, Outdoor Adventure Club, Publications, Winter Sports
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance, Jazz Ensemble, Technical Theater, Theatre, Visual Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Circus Arts, Martial Arts, Robotics Team
- The FAMILY INDIVIDUALIZED TUITION PROGRAM, a sliding-scale tuition model, is designed to make education at NEIA affordable to families for whom a traditional financial aid structure might not be the best solution.
- NEIA offers a range of tuition options with a specific number of placements in each grade. It is our shared goal for each family`s tuition level to be an amount that demonstrates the priority placed on providing an exceptional education for their children.
- We are committed to providing an innovative, relevant, and future-focused learning experience. We believe in the power of empathy, curiosity, and collaboration to transform lives and positively affect change in the world.
- Students connect Passion to Purpose, bring Ideas to Impact, and graduate ready for what's Next. Students create a unique PIN to become the change they want to see in a rapidly evolving world.
- NEIA's learning experience will encourage students to build empathy, take risks, and engage in hands-on community, environment, and industry projects.
- Learn more about our Flexible Tuition Program and our locked tuition rates.
- At this time, we are not able to provide visas. Please check back in a year or so!
- LD types supported: Yes
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for New England Innovation Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 50 students 848.7 milesW10085 Pike Plains Road
Dunbar, WI 54119
(715) 324-6900848.79-12, PG50
Thinking about making a major gift to your school? How about endowing a faculty chair? More here.
American boarding schools have always welcomed international students. Rigorous academic programs, extensive athletic programs, and a wide range of extracurricular activities attract students from all over the world.
Admissions to boarding school is a process with many components. The process can be confusing to parents dealing with boarding school admissions for the first time. We guide you through the process.