New England Innovation Academy
New England Innovation Academy Photo #2 - We will integrate human-centered design into the way we do reading, writing, or math so it becomes part of a student's reflexive response to solving problems.
New England Innovation Academy Photo #3 - NEIA adults and students have visible and invisible diversity. Each innovator has an individual experience before coming to NEIA; we must start building toward finding Purpose from there.
New England Innovation Academy Photo #4 - Our spaces need to respond to an evolving, personalized and experiential curriculum. The curriculum model, and the spaces to support it, must be agile.
New England Innovation Academy Photo #5 - "NEIA students will develop a deep sense of empathy, respect, and responsibility, as well as the courage to be, in Gandhi's words, the change they wish to see in the world."- TOM WOELPER, HEAD OF SCHOOL
New England Innovation Academy (NEIA) is the school the world needs next.
A brand new global school for day and boarding students in grades 6-12, NEIA is preparing young innovators with a future-focused curriculum, human-centered design, and real-world inclusion.
Set on a beautiful 26-acre campus in Marlborough, Massachusetts, the school offers a custom curriculum informed by research at MIT's Integrated Design and Management program.
NEIA`s curriculum offers a holistic approach to learning, one that balances and enriches interdisciplinary learning through integrated projects, exciting problem solving, active student engagement, and coaching from skilled instructors with disciplinary knowledge.
- Meet The Disruptors: Head of School Tom Woelper On The Three Things You Need To Shake Up Your Industry - 12/05/2020 - The health, social, economic, and climate crises facing our world today expose our K-16 educational system`s failings and present an opportunity for a paradigmatic shift.
- NEIA - Fast Company - 08/14/2020 - Integrity, thoughtfulness, and inclusiveness can be taught. Here's how... Leaders of the New England Innovation Academy talk about opening the nation's first middle and high school focused on human-centered design.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|New England||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||26 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||64 students||306 students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(NEIA engages students in a human-centered design approach to school apparel so they have a say in what they wear!)
|Average Class Size||14 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||7:1|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$25,000|
(First year $15,000 Founding Innovators scholarship)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Kevin Ramos-Glew|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country Running, Dance, Drill Team, Golf, Gymnastics, Intramural Sports Only, Mountaineering, Orienteering, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||12||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Engineering, Outdoor Adventure Club, Publications, Winter Sports
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance, Jazz Ensemble, Technical Theater, Theatre, Visual Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Circus Arts, Robotics Team
- The FLEXIBLE TUITION PROGRAM, a sliding-scale tuition model, is designed to make education at NEIA affordable to families for whom a traditional financial aid structure might not be the best solution.
- NEIA offers a range of tuition options with a specific number of placements in each grade. It is our shared goal for each family`s tuition level to be an amount that demonstrates the priority placed on providing an exceptional education for their children.
- We are committed to providing an innovative, relevant, and future-focused learning experience. We believe in the power of empathy, curiosity, and collaboration to transform lives and positively affect change in the world.
- Students connect Passion to Purpose, bring Ideas to Impact, and graduate ready for what's Next. Students create a unique PIN to become the change they want to see in a rapidly evolving world.
- NEIA's learning experience will encourage students to build empathy, take risks, and engage in hands-on community, environment, and industry projects.
- We are offering a $15,000 Founding Innovators scholarship to students who are admitted for September 2021. This scholarship is for the first year only. Learn more about our Flexible Tuition Program and our locked tuition rates.
- At this time, we are not able to provide visas. Please check back in a year or so!
- LD types supported: Yes
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for New England Innovation Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 5-12, PG | 140 students 435.2 miles614 S MAIN ST
Woodstock, VA 22664
(540) 459-2167435.25-12, PG140
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 50 students 848.7 milesW10085 Pike Plains Road
Dunbar, WI 54119
(715) 324-6900848.79-12, PG50
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.