- Trinity-Pawling believes that an appreciation of one's own worth can best be discovered by experiencing the worth of others, by understanding the value of one's relationship with others, and by acquiring a sense of self confidence that comes through living and working competently at the level of one's own potential.
- The heart of our philosophy is the effort system which rewards a boy based on his effort in various aspects of school life.
- We offer over 100 courses with 17 AP courses. The school offers a wide variety of extracurricular programs and athletic teams of all levels of ability. The school is part of the Founders League.
Top 5 Placements
Listed among the top 5 all-boys schools (out of 39 all-boys schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Test Scores High average SAT scores
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Trinity-Pawling||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12, PG||6-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||7-12, PG||4-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||140 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||300 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1710||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1530 - 1900||-|
|Average ACT score||23||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Bi-Monthly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||18||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$33 million||$17 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$25,000||$22,730|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||50%||-|
|Director of Admissions||JP Burlington '95|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Kimberly T. DeFonce|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||28||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Chapel, Chess Club, Computer Repair Club, Concert Club, Dean's Assistants, International Club, Key Club, Model UN, Outdoor Club, Robotics, Ropes Copurse/Senior Leadership, Shogi Club (Japanese Chess), Student Acitvities, Student Faculty Senate, Student Video Club, T-P Relief Group, The Green Team, The Phoenix/ School newspaper, The Ping-Pong Club, Theater Trips, Usher Club, Winter Weekend Ski Club, Zhongwen Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Jazz Club, Rock Band, String Music Club, Trinitones
|Year: 2011 - 2012||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Rochester||3|
|Pennsylvania State University, University Park||2|
|Rensselear Polytechnic Institute||2|
|Roger Williams University||2|
|University of Hartford||2|
|University of Maine||2|
|University of Massachusetts, Amherst||2|
|University of Vermont||2|
|University of Wisconsin, Madison||2|
- Founded in 1907, Trinity-Pawling School is an all-boys college preparatory school located in Pawling, New York. The school serves 300 boys in grades 7-12 and offers a postgraduate program.
- The goal of a Trinity-Pawling education is to unlock the potential for greatness that exists in each boy. The School pursues this goal through a vigorous learning environment that emphasizes innovation, creativity, and critical thinking. A growing commitment to project-based and experiential learning acknowledges the research that has identified learning paradigms that prove to be successful for boys. A camaraderie of "brotherhood" is enhanced by the mutuality of a family of educators and students who are dedicated to building a culture of excellence and a commitment to honor. The Trinity-Pawling learning experience combines a timeless commitment to character with a dedication to prepare young men for an ever-changing world.
- One of the School`s most distinctive attributes is its signatory Effort System, which began 45 years ago. Each boy at Trinity-Pawling is recognized and assessed in terms of the effort he devotes to a given endeavor: academics, athletics, dormitory responsibilities, civic engagement, attendance, and extracurricular programs. The learning objective inherent in this ethos of effort is to teach young people that the more they invest of themselves the greater their accomplishments will be. The Effort System, then, becomes a pervasive characteristic of a boy`s experience at Trinity-Pawling.
- Trinity-Pawling offers over 100 academic courses and 18 AP courses, interscholastic competition in 13 sports within the highly competitive New England Founders League, and a myriad of extracurricular activities.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia
- School accreditations: New York Association of Independent Schools and New York State Board of Regents
- Submit Review for Trinity-Pawling School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
March 19, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 14, 2018
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.