Make yourself at home at Trinity-Pawling. And then leap out of your comfort zone. As a brotherhood, we're a caring community that will push you to be nothing short of extraordinary.
One of the School`s most distinctive attributes is its signatory Effort System. Each boy at Trinity-Pawling is recognized and assessed in terms of the effort he devotes to a given endeavor. The learning objective inherent in this ethos of effort is to teach young people that the more they invest of themselves the greater their accomplishments will be.
At Trinity-Pawling, your sport of choice can be Varsity Farming! The farming program centers on the concepts of sustainability and stewardship of the land through campus-based food production, composting, recycling, and renewable energy.
At Trinity-Pawling, innovation is a key component of our curriculum. Every day, faculty and students engage in hands-on learning, creating, designing, and prototyping-and our Innovation Sites (I-Sites) make it all possible! These 3 dedicated spaces on campus are a home base for collaboration, creativity, and exploration.
Find your home away from home on our stunning 150-acre campus. We're a buzzing community, with 8 dorms, state-of-the-art athletic facilities, a chapel, and an Arts Center with a theater and painting studios. Zip into New York City by train for cultural activities, or enjoy the great outdoors just minutes from campus.
At Trinity-Pawling, you are surrounded by a welcoming and supportive community where you'll feel right at home. From your teachers and dorm parents to your peers, you'll have mentors every step of the way.
At Trinity-Pawling, we strive to give every athlete, regardless of talent, a tremendous experience. We strive to get to know each young man on a personal level and to serve as mentors in their lives-challenging them to become the best version of themselves.
Our instructors are teachers and accomplished professional artists who are active in their fields. You'll learn from the best, and you'll do it in our Arts Center, a showpiece in itself, which houses a 400-seat theater, state-of-the-art sound system, rehearsal spaces, and practice rooms so you can discover and nurture your passions.
- The goal of a Trinity-Pawling education is to unlock the potential for greatness that exists in each boy.
- The School pursues this goal through a vigorous learning environment that emphasizes 21st century skills such as innovation, creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking.
- A commitment to project-based and experiential learning acknowledges the research that has identified learning paradigms that prove to be successful for boys.
- A camaraderie of "brotherhood" is enhanced by the mutuality of a family of educators and students who are dedicated to building a culture of excellence and honor.
- The Trinity-Pawling learning experience combines a timeless commitment to character with a dedication to prepare young men for an ever-changing world.
Upcoming Events and News:
Top 5 Placements
Listed among the top 5 all-boys schools (out of 41 all-boys schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- Offering Breadth Most extracurriculars offered
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Trinity-Pawling||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||140 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||300 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1120||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||950 - 1250||-|
|Average ACT score||23||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Less than once a month||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$42 million||$18 million|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||28500||$22,844|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||50%||-|
|Director of Admissions||JP Burlington '95|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Kimberly T. DeFonce|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||17|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus, English Literature & Composition, English Language & Composition, Chemistry, Computer Science, Computer Science Principles, Economics, Environmental Science, European History, Music Theory, Physics, Psychology, Statistics, U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||15|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||39||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
3D Printing Club, Asian Society, Chapel, Chess Club, Computer Programming Club, Computer Repair Club, Cooking Club, Deans Advisory Council, Debate Club, Diversity Club, Environmental Council, Finance Club, International Club, Key Club, Math Club, Mindfulness Club, Model UN, National Honor Society, Relay For Life, Ropes Copurse/Senior Leadership, Spirit Club, Student Acitvities, Student Faculty Senate, The Phoenix School Newspaper, Usher Club, Vital Signs Science Magazine
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Society, Film Club, Jazz Club, Radio Station, Rock Band, String Music Club, Theater Trips, Trinitones
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Health & Wellness, Outing Club, Strength and Conditioning, Varsity Farming, Yoga Club
|Year: 2017||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||33|
|St. Lawrence University||15|
|University of Vermont||14|
|George Washington University||13|
|Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute||10|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- With 90% of faculty living on campus, students learn and grow in a close-knit community of faculty, staff, and students. Students are guided by teachers who are also their coaches and dorm parents, establishing strong faculty-student collaboration and providing for 24/7 learning.Trinity-Pawling serves 300 boys in grades 7-12 and offers a postgraduate program. The School offers over 100 academic courses and 18 AP courses, interscholastic competition in 13 sports within the highly competitive New England Founders League, and a diverse menu of activities, clubs, and trips allowing students to pursue and explore many interests.
- Trinity-Pawling`s Center for Learning Achievement houses a number of support services available to assist students in recognizing and reaching their academic potential while at Trinity-Pawling. Specific instructional programs are available for students who have language-based learning differences, and for students with executive function difficulties. Inspired by inquiry, our Learning Labs are the unofficial help desks of Trinity-Pawling.
- Trinity-Pawling is located on 150 acres overlooking the Hudson River Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City. The Campus includes a turf field for football, soccer and lacrosse, as well as three natural grass lacrosse/soccer fields, two baseball fields, an all-weather track, nine new tennis courts, five squash courts, hockey rink, a contemporary art center with 400 seat theater, and a state-of-the-art science and technology wing of the academic building.
- One of the School`s most distinctive attributes is its signatory Effort System, which began 45 years ago. Each boy at Trinity-Pawling is recognized and assessed in terms of the effort he devotes to a given endeavor: academics, athletics, dormitory responsibilities, civic engagement, attendance, and extracurricular programs. The learning objective inherent in this ethos of effort is to teach young people that the more they invest of themselves the greater their accomplishments will be. The Effort System, then, becomes a pervasive characteristic of a boy`s experience at Trinity-Pawling.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia
- School accreditations: New York Association of Independent Schools and New York State Board of Regents
- Submit Review for Trinity-Pawling School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
August 02, 2018
Explore the different types of boarding school options in the US. Find which type of boarding school is most appropriate for you.
July 18, 2018
It makes sense to cast your net widely when looking at boarding schools. Here's why.
July 04, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.