- Subiaco Academy is a Benedictine, Catholic college preparatory boarding and day school for young men in grades 7-12.
- Subiaco is located in the Arkansas River valley just 45 miles east of Fort Smith.
- We offer 100% college placement and an average class size of 15 and a 10/1 Teacher /Student ratio.
- We also offer 13 AP courses and have an average ACT score of 24.3 and an average SAT score of 1639.
- Subiaco offers 8 major athletic teams that compete with the public schools and a phenomenal visual arts, drama and instrumental music program.
- Outdoor activities include hiking, fishing and camping that a student body of 200 enjoy.
- Our students hale from 18 states and 9 countries. The class of 2015 graduated 39 seniors that received college scholarship offers of $4,871,626.
- Your son will have the opportunity to develop character, faith and brotherhood as he attends Subiaco Academy. Come join us at Subiaco Academy!.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- New York University Since its foundation, Subiaco Academy have sought to nourish students not only knowledge but also moral principles through Catholic teachings and education. Subiaco's emphasis on the Catholic value includes mandatory attendance in Wednesday mass during. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Subiaco Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||199 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1639||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1310 - 2180||-|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki slacks and polo shirt)
|Average Class Size||15 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||13||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$3 million||$16 million|
|Tuition international students||$33,500||$47,000|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Pat Franz|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Evelyn Bauer|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||13||16|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science (offered periodically), English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Macro and Micro Economics, Physics, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||11||23|
|Extracurriculars||Art Club, Benet Club (dedicated to teaching those interested in Benedictine life and culture), Blue Arrow (Leadership Club/Student Reps), Bunkerstube Club (manages the student snack shop/game room), CASA Club (Cultural Awareness of Subiaco Academy), Choir, Drama Club, National Honor Society, Quiz Bowl, Science Club, Student Council|
|Year: 2007 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Arkansas-Fayetteville||37|
|Arkansas Tech Univeristy-Russellville||22|
|University of Central Arkansas-Conway||14|
|University of Arkansas-Fort Smith||12|
|Lyon College (AR)||11|
|Penn State University||8|
|University of Dallas||6|
|Benedictine College, Univ of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, Hendrix College (AR), Univ of the Ozarks (AR||5|
|Military Academies, Louisiana Tech University, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Texas Tech Unive||4|
|Purdue, Notre Dame, St. Johns University, University of Indiana-Bloomington, Univ of North Texas||3|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Subiaco Academy, a Catholic boarding/day school, is dedicated to providing young men with the opportunity for a college preparatory education in a stable and structured environment nourished by Christian values. The Subiaco experience also provides the opportunity to create a sense of community, which is a reflection of Catholic Benedictine traditions of service to God, respect for self and others, mutual support and the value of work.
- Tuition (boarding) for international students is $33,500 ($25,000 for non-international students).
- Safe, natural outdoor environment
- Multiple opportunities for each student
- Spiritual education for the Catholic and non-Catholic alike.
- LD types supported: ADD/ADHD
- School accreditations: ISACS, ANSAA (Arkansas Nonpublic Schools Accrediting Association
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Henry Wheeler - Harvard, Harvard Professor, Author
Submit Review for Subiaco Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 7-12, PG | 220 students 284.7 miles204 Grand Street
Mexico, MO 65265
Grades: 8-12, PG | 125 students 1203.8 milesPO Box 9
Hoosick, NY 12089
June 19, 2017
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.
June 03, 2017
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
June 03, 2017
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.