- Subiaco Academy is a Benedictine, Catholic college preparatory boarding and day school for young men in grades 7-12.
- Subiaco is located in the Arkansas River valley just 45 miles east of Fort Smith.
- We offer 100% college placement and an average class size of 15 and a 10/1 Teacher /Student ratio.
- We also offer 13 AP courses and have an average ACT score of 24.3 and an average SAT score of 1346.
- Subiaco offers7 major athletic teams that compete with the public schools and a phenomenal visual arts, drama and instrumental music program.
- Outdoor activities include hiking, fishing and camping that a student body of near 200 enjoys.
- Our students hale from 15 states and 9 countries. The class of 2017 graduated 39 seniors that received college scholarship offers of more than $5.5 million.
- Your son will have the opportunity to develop character, faith and brotherhood as he attends Subiaco Academy. Come join us at Subiaco Academy!.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- New York University Since its foundation, Subiaco Academy have sought to nourish students not only knowledge but also moral principles through Catholic teachings and education. Subiaco's emphasis on the Catholic value includes mandatory attendance in Wednesday mass during. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Subiaco Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||189 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1346||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki slacks and polo shirt)
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||13||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$3.5 million||$19 million|
|Tuition international students||$36,080||$48,850|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Pat Franz|
|Associate Director of Admissions||ebauer|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||13||17|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science (offered periodically), English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Macro and Micro Economics, Physics, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||7||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||13||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Benet Club (dedicated to teaching those interested in Benedictine life and culture), Blue Arrow (Leadership Club/Student Reps), Bunkerstube Club (manages the student snack shop/game room), CASA Club (Cultural Awareness of Subiaco Academy), Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), National Honor Society, Quiz Bowl, Science Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Club, Jazz Band
|Year: 2007 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Arkansas-Fayetteville||37|
|Arkansas Tech Univeristy-Russellville||22|
|University of Central Arkansas-Conway||14|
|University of Arkansas-Fort Smith||12|
|Lyon College (AR)||11|
|Penn State University||8|
|University of Dallas||6|
|Benedictine College, Univ of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, Hendrix College (AR), Univ of the Ozarks (AR||5|
|Military Academies, Louisiana Tech University, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Texas Tech Unive||4|
|Purdue, Notre Dame, St. Johns University, University of Indiana-Bloomington, Univ of North Texas||3|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Subiaco Academy, a Catholic boarding/day school, is dedicated to providing young men with the opportunity for a college preparatory education in a stable and structured environment nourished by Christian values. The Subiaco experience also provides the opportunity to create a sense of community, which is a reflection of Catholic Benedictine traditions of service to God, respect for self and others, mutual support and the value of work.
- U.S. boarding tuition is $27,060. The rate is $36,080 for international boarding students.
- Safe, natural outdoor environment
- Multiple opportunities for each student
- Spiritual education for the Catholic and non-Catholic alike.
- LD types supported: ADD/ADHD
- Subiaco Academy accreditations: ISACS, ANSAA (Arkansas Nonpublic Schools Accrediting Association
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Henry Wheeler - Harvard, Harvard Professor, Author
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Subiaco Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn about the Post-Graduate(PG) Year, and how it can benefit certain students.
Boarding Schools in a Minute gives an overview of independent residential schools in North America.
No shortcuts exist to filling the seats in your private school. It requires savvy, effective marketing. More here.