The Brook Hill School
- Grades: (Boarding) 8-12
- Enrollment: 775 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $53,795
- Acceptance rate: 71%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Uniforms (khaki pants (boys/girls), skirts (girls), polo, button-up)
Big Sister/Little Sister, Business, Chick-Fil-A Leader Academy, Early Music Ensemble, Entrepreneurship, International Club, Robotics, Service Projects, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Texas Bank and Trust Board of Executives, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Choir, Dance, Digital Media, Drama, Guitar, Jazz Band, Musical Theatre, Orchestra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance Team, Drill Team, Weight Training
- From 160 day and boarding students in 2005 to nearly 700 students in 2018, The Brook Hill School, just south of Tyler, Texas is thriving. Growth continues to be the theme at Brook Hill with the recent addition of Founder's Hall which includes a 90-seat lecture hall, Student Center with coffee house, 3-story library and Smithsonian-quality American Freedom Museum.
- The Herrington Sports Complex allows the State Champion Guard football team, award-winning soccer team, and track and field competitors to play on synthetic turf to the beat of the Guard drum line and the support of the fans in the magnificent grandstands. The State Champion baseball program has also grown with the addition of softball, the installation of stadium lights, grandstands, and tailgating plaza. The newly completed Kyle Lake Athletic Facility provides all the support these athletes need to stay physically fit.
- Of equal importance is the growth of the fine arts and academic programs at Brook Hill. Annually, students compete and win at the state level in choir, orchestra, theater, and visual art competitions alongside students who successfully compete in PSIA and several other academic competitions at the state level.
- The Brook Hill School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and School
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- AJ Minter '12 - Pitcher for Atlanta Braves
- Sang Joon Lee '06 - South Korean CEO
- Taylor Jones '08 - NY Times and People Magazine Featured Attorney at Crawford Wishnew Lang
- JB Moss '11 - Pitcher for Colorado Rockies
- Hannah Shaw '14 - Valedictorian and Student at UC Berkeley
- Aaron Swink - Charter student, Graduated Law at Dedman School of Law, Sounthern Methodist University
- Aaron Clements - Graduate Honor student, Texas Tech University graduated
- Roger Blissette - Full Sail
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Brook Hill School cost?
The Brook Hill School's tuition is approximately $53,795 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of The Brook Hill School?
The acceptance rate of The Brook Hill School is 71%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from The Brook Hill School?
The Brook Hill School famous alumni include: AJ Minter '12, Sang Joon Lee '06, Taylor Jones '08, JB Moss '11, Hannah Shaw '14, Aaron Swink, Aaron Clements and Roger Blissette.
What sports does The Brook Hill School offer?
The Brook Hill School offers 17 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is The Brook Hill School's ranking?
The Brook Hill School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High # of AP/advanced courses offered.
When is the application deadline for The Brook Hill School?
The application deadline for The Brook Hill School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2021
Class of 2019
Class of 2017