1051 N Houston
Bullard, TX 75757
Bullard, TX 75757
- An independent Christian school on a beautiful 280-acre campus near Tyler, Texas, the mission at Brook Hill is to provide excellence in college preparatory education, affirm the gifts and challenge the potential of each student, and encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character.
- The faculty provides a classical education from a Christian worldview.
- Fine arts and athletic options include art, vocal music, drama, and orchestra programs alongside football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, golf, tennis, baseball, softball and track.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|The Brook Hill||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||8-12, PG||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12, PG||9-12|
|Campus Size||280 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||645 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1686||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1490 - 1840||-|
|Average ACT score||27||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||27||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$41,850||$47,000|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$3,500||$21,582|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Travis Albea|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Landry Humphries|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||15||23|
|Extracurriculars||Badminton Club, Cannon Crew, Chapel, Choir, Disc Golf, Drum Line, International Club, Middle School Science Club, National/Junior Honor Society, Orchestra, Prefect Leadership Program, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Weight Training, Yearbook|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- From 160 day and boarding students in 2005 to over 500 students in 2012, The Brook Hill School, just south of Tyler, Texas is thriving. Growth continues to be the theme at Brook Hill with the recent addition of Founder's Hall which includes a 90-seat lecture hall, Student Center with coffee house, 3-story library and Smithsonian-quality American Freedom Museum.
- The Herrington Sports Complex allows the State Champion Guard football team, award-winning soccer team, and track and field competitors to play on synthetic turf to the beat of the Guard drum line and the support of the fans in the magnificent grandstands. The State Champion baseball program has also grown with the addition of softball, the installation of stadium lights, grandstands, and tailgating plaza. The newly completed Kyle Lake Athletic Facility provides all the support these athletes need to stay physically fit.
- Of equal importance is the growth of the fine arts and academic programs at Brook Hill. Annually, students compete and win at the state level in choir, orchestra, theater, and visual art competitions alongside students who successfully compete in PSIA and several other academic competitions at the state level.
- School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and School
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Sang Joon Lee - One of first boarders in our program now attends Lehigh University
- Brittany Sherman - First Valedictorian graduated Wellesley 2006
- So Hyun Park - Valedictorian 2007, graduated Wellesley
- Kira Langsjoen - National Merit Scholar,, Salutatorian 2007, attending Texas A & M
- Sang Jun Lee - College of William and Mary
- Aaron Swink - Charter student, Graduated Law at Dedman School of Law, Sounthern Methodist University
- Aaron Clements - Graduate Honor student, Texas Tech University graduated
- Roger Blissette - Full Sail
Submit Review for The Brook Hill School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 7-12| 249 students 221.2 miles2801 Ranch Road 12
San Marcos, TX 78666
Grades: 7-12, PG| 1700 students 819.9 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
June 19, 2017
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.
June 03, 2017
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
June 03, 2017
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.