The Brook Hill School
The Brook Hill School Photo #3 - Innovative Business Lab allows students to get real, hands-on experience in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, International Business, and Business Law
An independent Christian school on a beautiful 280-acre campus near Tyler, Texas, the mission at Brook Hill is to provide excellence in college preparatory education, affirm the gifts and challenge the potential of each student, and encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character.
The faculty provides a classical education from a Christian worldview.
Fine arts and athletic options include art, vocal music, drama, and orchestra programs alongside football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, golf, tennis, baseball, softball and track.
85% domestic Upper School population with 15% international Upper School studying from 30+ countries.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- UC Davis The diversity represented in our school is much more than the many others we have looked at and experienced. The boarding and local communities are very linked in the sense that any boarding student that. . .
- Cornell University Brook Hill is a boarding school that truly lives up to the standards of what a boarding school should be with respect to students feeling at home in a place far away from home. The. . .
- Boston Conservatory I think the Brook Hill School is truly unique in its location. Even though it is an international boarding school it is located in east Texas. The hospitality and friendly nature of the local culture. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|The Brook Hill||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||8-12||5-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||Pre-K-12|
|Campus Size||280 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||680 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1210||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||30||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms (khaki pants (boys/girls), skirts (girls), polo, button-up))
|Average Class Size||14 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 18
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||27||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$10,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Travis Albea|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Hilliary Cheatham|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||24||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Big Sister/Little Sister, Business, Chick-Fil-A Leader Academy, Early Music Ensemble, Entrepreneurship, International Club, Robotics, Service Projects, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Texas Bank and Trust Board of Executives, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Choir, Dance, Digital Media, Drama, Guitar, Jazz Band, Musical Theatre, Orchestra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance Team, Drill Team, Weight Training
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- From 160 day and boarding students in 2005 to nearly 700 students in 2018, The Brook Hill School, just south of Tyler, Texas is thriving. Growth continues to be the theme at Brook Hill with the recent addition of Founder's Hall which includes a 90-seat lecture hall, Student Center with coffee house, 3-story library and Smithsonian-quality American Freedom Museum.
- The Herrington Sports Complex allows the State Champion Guard football team, award-winning soccer team, and track and field competitors to play on synthetic turf to the beat of the Guard drum line and the support of the fans in the magnificent grandstands. The State Champion baseball program has also grown with the addition of softball, the installation of stadium lights, grandstands, and tailgating plaza. The newly completed Kyle Lake Athletic Facility provides all the support these athletes need to stay physically fit.
- Of equal importance is the growth of the fine arts and academic programs at Brook Hill. Annually, students compete and win at the state level in choir, orchestra, theater, and visual art competitions alongside students who successfully compete in PSIA and several other academic competitions at the state level.
- The Brook Hill School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and School
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- AJ Minter '12 - Pitcher for Atlanta Braves
- Sang Joon Lee '06 - South Korean CEO
- Taylor Jones '08 - NY Times and People Magazine Featured Attorney at Crawford Wishnew Lang
- JB Moss '11 - Pitcher for Colorado Rockies
- Hannah Shaw '14 - Valedictorian and Student at UC Berkeley
- Aaron Swink - Charter student, Graduated Law at Dedman School of Law, Sounthern Methodist University
- Aaron Clements - Graduate Honor student, Texas Tech University graduated
- Roger Blissette - Full Sail
Profile last updated: 03/02/2021
- Submit Review for The Brook Hill School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12| 333 students 221.2 miles2801 Ranch Road 12
San Marcos, TX 78666
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1714 students 819.8 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904) 256-5030819.89-12, PG1714
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
After months of research, school visits, interviews, and tests, you find out that you've been waitlisted. Relax. It's not the end of the world. Here's what to do.
Thinking about sending your tween to boarding school? The personal attention and comprehensive programs which junior boarding schools offer are worth a serious review.