The Brook Hill School
- An independent Christian school on a beautiful 280-acre campus near Tyler, Texas, the mission at Brook Hill is to provide excellence in college preparatory education, affirm the gifts and challenge the potential of each student, and encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character.
- The faculty provides a classical education from a Christian worldview.
- Fine arts and athletic options include art, vocal music, drama, and orchestra programs alongside football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, golf, tennis, baseball, softball and track.
- 85% domestic Upper School population with 15% international Upper School studying from 30 countries.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|The Brook Hill||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||8-12, PG||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12, PG||7-12|
|Campus Size||280 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||680 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1686||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1490 - 1840||-|
|Average ACT score||27||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||27||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$48,100||$48,100|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||10000||$23,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Travis Albea|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Landry Humphries|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||15||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Cannon Crew, Choir, Disc Golf, International Club, Middle School Science Club, National/Junior Honor Society, Orchestra, Prefect Leadership Program, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chapel, Drum Line
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Weight Training
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- From 160 day and boarding students in 2005 to nearly 700 students in 2018, The Brook Hill School, just south of Tyler, Texas is thriving. Growth continues to be the theme at Brook Hill with the recent addition of Founder's Hall which includes a 90-seat lecture hall, Student Center with coffee house, 3-story library and Smithsonian-quality American Freedom Museum.
- The Herrington Sports Complex allows the State Champion Guard football team, award-winning soccer team, and track and field competitors to play on synthetic turf to the beat of the Guard drum line and the support of the fans in the magnificent grandstands. The State Champion baseball program has also grown with the addition of softball, the installation of stadium lights, grandstands, and tailgating plaza. The newly completed Kyle Lake Athletic Facility provides all the support these athletes need to stay physically fit.
- Of equal importance is the growth of the fine arts and academic programs at Brook Hill. Annually, students compete and win at the state level in choir, orchestra, theater, and visual art competitions alongside students who successfully compete in PSIA and several other academic competitions at the state level.
- The Brook Hill School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and School
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- AJ Minter '12 - Pitcher for Atlanta Braves
- Sang Joon Lee '06 - South Korean CEO
- Taylor Jones '08 - NY Times and People Magazine Featured Attorney at Crawford Wishnew Lang
- JB Moss '11 - Pitcher for Colorado Rockies
- Hannah Shaw '14 - Valedictorian and Student at UC Berkeley
- Aaron Swink - Charter student, Graduated Law at Dedman School of Law, Sounthern Methodist University
- Aaron Clements - Graduate Honor student, Texas Tech University graduated
- Roger Blissette - Full Sail
- Submit Review for The Brook Hill School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12| 260 students 221.2 miles2801 Ranch Road 12
San Marcos, TX 78666
- Grades: 8-12| 1090 students 101.7 miles11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
- Grades: 7-12, PG| 1700 students 819.9 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
We explain how to make going off to boarding school your child's idea.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
An education consultant knows schools. Like any professional he has vast experience in and knowledge of his chosen field.