The Village School
1305 Whittington Drive
Houston, TX 77077
Houston, TX 77077
The Village School Photo #2 - The Village School offers a wide array of fine and performing arts, athletics and extracurricular activities to help students uncover hidden talents and discover new passions.
The Village School Photo #3 - The Village School's hands-on, innovative methods of teaching, particularly in math and science, and personal attention to students develop life-long learners and determined problem solvers who are fully prepared to be leaders in the 21st century.
The Village School Photo #4 - The Village School is committed to incorporating technology into every child's learning experience and using technology to engage and educate students in ways never before possible.
The Village School Photo #5 - The Village School is located in the Energy Corridor of Houston, Texas, and hosts a vibrant international population which enriches the school community with a global perspective.
The Village School Photo #6 - The Village School's athletic programs develop well-rounded individuals by providing opportunities that build confidence, inspire teamwork and foster good health. The Village School offers a variety of individual and team sports so that ever student has the opportunity to participate.
The Village School Photo #7 - The Village School offers a wide array of fine and performing arts, athletics and extracurricular activities to help students uncover hidden talents and discover new passions.
- The Village School, an international community, is committed to developing inquisitive life-long learners prepared to think critically, to collaborate genuinely, and to give of themselves generously, as they prepare to lead the next generation into an ever-changing world.
- The Village School utilizes hands-on, innovative teaching methods particularly in Math and Science.
- The person attention students receive nurtures life-long learners who are fully prepared for leadership in the 21st century.
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
The Village School is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 321 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|The Village School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||7-12|
|Campus Size||28 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||1750 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1390||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1300 - 1530||-|
|Average ACT score||34||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Mixture of formal and informal dress days)
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||48||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(*Includes tution, room & board.)
(*Precise day tuition amounts vary by grade)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Erik Srnka|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||n/a||17|
|Courses||Algebra II Honors, Biology Honors, Chemistry Honors, IB Biology HL, IB Biology SL, IB Business and Management HL, IB Business and Management SL, IB Chemistry HL, IB Chemistry SL, IB Chinese A HL, IB Chinese A SL, IB Computer Science HL, IB Computer Science SL, IB Dance HL, IB Dance SL, IB Dutch A SL, IB Economics HL, IB Economics SL, IB English A: Literature HL, IB English A: Literature SL, IB English B HL, IB English B SL, IB Environmental Studies HL, IB Environmental Studies SL, IB Environmental Systems and Societies SL, IB Film SL, IB French ab initio, IB French HL, IB French SL, IB Further Math HL, IB History HL, IB History SL, IB Information Technology in Global Society HL, IB Information Technology in Global Society SL, IB Literature SL, IB Mandarin AB initio SL, IB Mathematical Studies, IB Mathematics HL, IB Mathematics SL, IB Music HL, IB Music SL, IB Philosophy SL, IB Physics HL, IB Physics SL, IB Psychology HL, IB Psychology SL, IB Spanish ab initio, IB Spanish B HL, IB Spanish B SL, IB Spanish HL, IB Spanish SL, IB Theater HL, IB Theater SL, IB Visual Art HL, IB Visual Art SL, Physics Honors|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||32||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Abbey Singers, Amnesty International Club, AMS (Adavanced Military Skills, AMS (Advanced Military Skills), Art Club, Biology Club, Book Club, Film Appreciation, Fitness/conditioning, International Film Club, Karaoke Club, March for Life Group, Model UN, Photography, Pro Deo, orchestra, Quiz Bowl, Science Bowl, Scriptorium, scholarly journal, Social Club, Student Government, Sustainable Agriculture Certificate, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Appalachia Service Project, Band, Fashion Club, Music Club, Music/Drama, Orchestra, STARS Theatre & Performance
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Youth Action Organization
|Year: 2012 - 2018||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|The University of Texas, Austin||68|
|Texas A&M University||30|
|The University of Texas, Dallas||29|
|University of Houston||25|
|University of California, San Diego||15|
|Southern Methodist University||9|
|University of British Columbia||9|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||4|
The Village School's Boarding Program offers unparalleled opportunities for families considering a boarding school for their children. Some of the many benefits of our program include:
- A highly personalized educational focus on academic and social progress for each child
- The chance to speak, understand, read and write English
- Life-long friendships with students from around the world
- Real-life experience in the United States
- A comprehensive college guidance counseling program The Village School teachers take a personal interest in each student and help them adjust to life at an American school. Our teachers are focused on continuous growth and a superior education. With the help of a college counseling process that begins as early as Grade 6, students are accepted at prestigious colleges and universities in the United States and around the world.To learn more about The Village School's Elite Boarding Program, please contact email@example.com
- The Village School accreditations: Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS), Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS), International Baccalaureate Programme (IB)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Isaiah Taylor '13 - Plays basketball for the Atlanta Hawks (NBA).
- Erica Dasher '04 - American actress.
- Shaquille Cleare '14 - Played basketball for the University of Texas.
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for The Village School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: K-12| 192 students 223.7 miles3846 N. Hwy. 144
Granbury, TX 76048
- Grades: 6-12| 260 students 142.7 miles2801 Ranch Road 12
San Marcos, TX 78666
- Grades: 8-12| 1090 students 229.7 miles11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
- Grades: 8-12| 680 students 166.9 miles1051 N Houston
Bullard, TX 75757
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.