The Village School
The Village School's International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme is one of the highest-rated academic programs in the world, and prepares students to excel at any size university, and to be leaders in the 21st century. Many students achieve such exceptional academic outcomes that they are sought after by and succeeding at their top-choice universities.
The Village School offers a wide array of fine and performing arts, athletics and extracurricular activities to help students uncover hidden talents and discover new passions.
The Village School's hands-on, innovative methods of teaching, particularly in math and science, and personal attention to students develop life-long learners and determined problem solvers who are fully prepared to be leaders in the 21st century.
The Village School boarding students reside in comfortable appointed, newly-built, on-campus dormitories. We take pride in providing a safe, nurturing boarding environment and consistently hear from our residential families just how much our school feels like home.
The Village School is committed to incorporating technology into every child's learning experience and using technology to engage and educate students in ways never before possible.
The Village School is located in the Energy Corridor of Houston, Texas, and hosts a vibrant international population which enriches the school community with a global perspective.
- The Village School, an international community, is committed to developing inquisitive life-long learners prepared to think critically, to collaborate genuinely, and to give of themselves generously, as they prepare to lead the next generation into an ever-changing world.
- The Village School utilizes hands-on, innovative teaching methods particularly in Math and Science.
- The person attention students receive nurtures life-long learners who are fully prepared for leadership in the 21st century.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|The Village School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||5-12|
|Campus Size||28 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||1750 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1970||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||32||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Mixture of formal and informal dress days)
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||37||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(*Includes tution, room & board.)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Erik Srnka|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||n/a||17|
|Courses||Algebra II Honors, Biology Honors, Chemistry Honors, IB Biology HL, IB Biology SL, IB Business and Management HL, IB Business and Management SL, IB Chemistry HL, IB Chemistry SL, IB Chinese A HL, IB Chinese A SL, IB Computer Science HL, IB Computer Science SL, IB Dance HL, IB Dance SL, IB Dutch A SL, IB Economics HL, IB Economics SL, IB English A: Literature HL, IB English A: Literature SL, IB English B HL, IB English B SL, IB Environmental Studies HL, IB Environmental Studies SL, IB Environmental Systems and Societies SL, IB Film SL, IB French ab initio, IB French HL, IB French SL, IB Further Math HL, IB History HL, IB History SL, IB Information Technology in Global Society HL, IB Information Technology in Global Society SL, IB Literature SL, IB Mandarin AB initio SL, IB Mathematical Studies, IB Mathematics HL, IB Mathematics SL, IB Music HL, IB Music SL, IB Philosophy SL, IB Physics HL, IB Physics SL, IB Psychology HL, IB Psychology SL, IB Spanish ab initio, IB Spanish B HL, IB Spanish B SL, IB Spanish HL, IB Spanish SL, IB Theater HL, IB Theater SL, IB Visual Art HL, IB Visual Art SL, Physics Honors|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||14|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||31||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International Club, Art Club, Biology Club, Book Club, Chess Club, Debate Club, Design Club, Environment Club, Glee Club, Habitat for Humanity, International Film Club, Karaoke Club, Literary Magazine, Math & Science Club, MIT Invent Team, Model UN, Photography, Quiz Bowl, Science Bowl, Social Club, Student Government, Viking Way, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Fashion Club, Jazz Club, Music Club, Orchestra, STARS Theatre & Performance
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year: 2015 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Houston||15|
|University of Texas, Austin||12|
|Texas A&M University||7|
|University of California, Berkeley||3|
|University of British Columbia||2|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
The Village School's Boarding Program offers unparalleled opportunities for families considering a boarding school for their children.
Some of the many benefits of our program include:
- A highly personalized educational focus on academic and social progress for each child
- The chance to speak, understand, read and write English
- Life-long friendships with students from around the world
- Real-life experience in the United States
- A comprehensive college guidance counseling program The Village School teachers take a personal interest in each student and help them adjust to life at an American school. Our teachers are focused on continuous growth and a superior education. With the help of a college counseling process that begins as early as Grade 6, students are accepted at prestigious colleges and universities in the United States and around the world.To learn more about The Village School's Elite Boarding Program, please contact email@example.com
- School accreditations: Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS), Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS), International Baccalaureate Programme (IB)
- Submit Review for The Village School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: K-12| 192 students 223.7 miles3846 N. Hwy. 144
Granbury, TX 76048
- Grades: 6-12| 260 students 142.7 miles2801 Ranch Road 12
San Marcos, TX 78666
- Grades: 9-12 | 465 students 179.4 miles20955 West Tejas Trail
San Antonio, TX 78257
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.