The Village School
13051 Whittington Dr.
Houston, TX 77077
Houston, TX 77077
Tel: (281)496-7900 Ext. 4104
The Village School Photo #2 - The Village School offers a wide array of fine and performing arts, athletics and extracurricular activities to help students uncover hidden talents and discover new passions.
The Village School Photo #3 - The Village School is located in the Energy Corridor of Houston, Texas, and hosts a vibrant international population which enriches the school community with a global perspective.
The Village School Photo #4 - The Village School's International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme is one of the highest-rated academic programs in the world, and prepares students to excel at any size university, and to be leaders in the 21st century. Many students achieve such exceptional academic outcomes that they are sought after by and succeeding at their top-choice universities.
The Village School Photo #5 - The Village School offers a wide array of fine and performing arts, athletics and extracurricular activities to help students uncover hidden talents and discover new passions.
The Village School Photo #6 - The Village School's hands-on, innovative methods of teaching, particularly in math and science, and personal attention to students develop life-long learners and determined problem solvers who are fully prepared to be leaders in the 21st century.
The Village School Photo #7 - The Village School is committed to incorporating technology into every child's learning experience and using technology to engage and educate students in ways never before possible.
The Village School Photo #8 - The Village School's athletic programs develop well-rounded individuals by providing opportunities that build confidence, inspire teamwork and foster good health. The Village School offers a variety of individual and team sports so that ever student has the opportunity to participate.
- The Village School, an international community, is committed to developing inquisitive life-long learners prepared to think critically, to collaborate genuinely, and to give of themselves generously, as they prepare to lead the next generation into an ever-changing world.
- The Village School utilizes hands-on, innovative teaching methods particularly in Math and Science.
- Offering 5 day boarding option for students in the greater Houston area as well as full 7 day boarding.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|The Village School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||Pre-K-12|
|Campus Size||28 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||1750 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1390||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1300 - 1530||-|
|Average ACT score||34||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Mixture of formal and informal dress days)
|Average Class Size||18 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||48||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(*Includes tution, room & board, books, computer, .)
(*Precise day tuition amounts vary by grade)
(5 Day Boarding)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Jen McMahon|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Amy DeBakey|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||n/a||18|
|Courses||Algebra II Honors, Biology Honors, Chemistry Honors, IB Biology HL, IB Biology SL, IB Business and Management HL, IB Business and Management SL, IB Chemistry HL, IB Chemistry SL, IB Chinese A HL, IB Chinese A SL, IB Computer Science HL, IB Computer Science SL, IB Dance HL, IB Dance SL, IB Dutch A SL, IB Economics HL, IB Economics SL, IB English A: Literature HL, IB English A: Literature SL, IB English B HL, IB English B SL, IB Environmental Studies HL, IB Environmental Studies SL, IB Environmental Systems and Societies SL, IB Film SL, IB French ab initio, IB French HL, IB French SL, IB Further Math HL, IB History HL, IB History SL, IB Information Technology in Global Society HL, IB Information Technology in Global Society SL, IB Literature SL, IB Mandarin AB initio SL, IB Mathematical Studies, IB Mathematics HL, IB Mathematics SL, IB Music HL, IB Music SL, IB Philosophy SL, IB Physics HL, IB Physics SL, IB Psychology HL, IB Psychology SL, IB Spanish ab initio, IB Spanish B HL, IB Spanish B SL, IB Spanish HL, IB Spanish SL, IB Theater HL, IB Theater SL, IB Visual Art HL, IB Visual Art SL, Physics Honors|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||20||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International Club, Art Club, Biology Club, Book Club, Film Appreciation, International Film Club, Model UN, Photography, Quiz Bowl, scholarly journal, Science Bowl, Social Club, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Fashion Club, Music Club, Music/Drama, Orchestra, STARS Theatre & Performance
|Year: 2012 - 2018||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|The University of Texas, Austin||68|
|Texas A&M University||30|
|The University of Texas, Dallas||29|
|University of Houston||25|
|University of California, San Diego||15|
|Southern Methodist University||9|
|University of British Columbia||9|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||4|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
The Village School's Boarding Program offers unparalleled opportunities for families considering a boarding school for their children. Some of the many benefits of our program include:
- A highly personalized educational focus on academic and social progress for each child
- Internship and Entrepreneurship programs
- Collaboration with MIT in the area of STEAM
- Life-long friendships with students from around the world
- Real-life experience in the United States
- A comprehensive college guidance counseling program The Village School teachers take a personal interest in each student and will help them adjust to life at an American school, focusing on continuous academic, social and emotional growth.With the help of a college counseling process that begins as early as Grade 8, students are accepted at prestigious colleges and universities in the United States and around the world.To learn more about The Village School's Elite Boarding Program, please contact email@example.com.
- The Village School accreditations: Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS), Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS), International Baccalaureate Programme (IB)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Isaiah Taylor '13 - Plays basketball for the Atlanta Hawks (NBA).
- Erica Dasher '04 - American actress.
- Shaquille Cleare '14 - Played basketball for the University of Texas.
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for The Village School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12| 333 students 142.6 miles2801 Ranch Road 12
San Marcos, TX 78666
What prompts somebody to start a boarding school? The motives range from idealism to munificence right on through to capitalism. The common thread seems to be ample capital and a vision of what education can do.
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.