St. Stephen's Episcopal School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 8-12
- Enrollment: 684 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $65,970
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $35,070
- Acceptance rate: 54%
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 25 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. Stephen's Episcopal School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 294 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
(includes boarding supplement,facilities use fee and food)
(includes facilities use fee and food)
AP / Advanced Courses
Amnesty International Club, Book Club, Breakthrough Mentors, CEDEN-ABC, Chapel Leadership, Chinese Culture Club, Classics Club, Coding Club, DCWP, Debate Team, Defining Feminism, Engineering Club, Entrepreneur Club, FACES, Foreign Film Club, GSA (Gender and Sexuality Alliance), Improv Club, International Cooking Club, International Development (Elevate), Japan Club, Key Society, Literary Proteus, Literary Society, Model UN, Mu Alpha Theta, Peer Tutoring Program, Perspectives (Social Justice), Political Group, Public Speaking, Quiz Bowl, Recycling Club, Service Learning Steering Committee, Societe Francaise, Spanish Culture Club, Spartan Army, Spartan Support, Spartan Tech, St. Stephen’s Medical Society, Student Government, The Bell (newspaper), Theater Council, Unapologetic, West Texas Project
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Audio Proteus, Photography Club, Photoshop Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Dorm Council, Water Polo Club
- St. Stephen's is a pioneering coeducational day and boarding school in Austin, Texas, serving students in grades 6-12. We offer a distinctive college preparatory curriculum within a balanced program of academics, athletics, service learning and the arts. Our mission is to inspire a lasting love of learning and spirit of service so that each of our students lives a life of meaning and enriches the world.Personalized LearningValue individual expression and intellectual freedomEncourage the pursuit of passions and participation in new learning experiencesFoster meaningful student-faculty relationshipsKnow your child as a unique individual inside and outside the classroomSupportive CommunityProvide a safe community where students can take risks, make mistakes and grow from experienceInspire student engagement and connection through a variety of programs on and off campusHonor the inherent dignity of every individual while cultivating a sense of belongingHealthy, Balanced LifestyleSupport students with a team of advisors, counselors, learning specialists and dorm parentsTeach life skills that are essential to success in college and beyondProvide opportunities for every student to shine through a balanced program of academics, athletics, fine arts and extracurricularsBecoming Global CitizensFoster a love of learning and spirit of serviceProduce leaders ready to improve the worldInstill a strong sense of self and commitment to othersCultivate self-sufficiency and independent thinkingProvide opportunities to interact with peers from other cultures and learn to see the world through their eyes
- St. Stephen's Episcopal School accreditations: Texas Education Agency, TABS, NAIS, ISAS, NAES, WBSA, Cum Laude Society
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Stephen's Episcopal School cost?
St. Stephen's Episcopal School's tuition is approximately $65,970 for boarding students and $35,070 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of St. Stephen's Episcopal School?
The acceptance rate of St. Stephen's Episcopal School is 54%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
What sports does St. Stephen's Episcopal School offer?
St. Stephen's Episcopal School offers 23 interscholastic sports: Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball and Water Polo. St. Stephen's Episcopal School is ranked as one of the top boarding schools for most sports offered.
What is St. Stephen's Episcopal School's ranking?
St. Stephen's Episcopal School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for Most sports offered, High # of AP/advanced courses offered and High average SAT scores.
When is the application deadline for St. Stephen's Episcopal School?
The application deadline for St. Stephen's Episcopal School is Jan. 25 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 25 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2016