Asia Pacific International School Hawaii
- APIS strives to educate its students, in a loving and caring Christian environment, to become globally enlightened citizens, who are able to bridge the gap between the East and the West, and are ready to welcome the exciting challenges of the New Pacific Century.
- APIS Hawaii offers a K-12 Education. Currently, our student body is 50% boarding students and 50% day students.
- APIS Hawaii is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). It is also a member of the Hawaiian Association of Independent Schools (HAIS) and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS).
- The APIS Hawaii campus is modern and well equipped, perched on a stunning 97-acre bluff overlooking the ocean on Oahu's North Shore.
- APIS instructional model is based on current education research and offers a multi-disciplinary, project-based approach to learning.
- Asia Pacific International School (Seoul) was founded in 2007, while the Hawaii campus began in 2015. Together, the campuses serve about 400 students.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Asia Pacific||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||5-12, PG||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||97 acres||106 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||5 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:3||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Andrew Ris|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Daniel Hwang|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Asia Pacific International School (APIS) is a private, nonprofit school, fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- APIS is not the first school to recognize the importance of global mission and vision in education. While almost all schools teach about matters beyond their boundaries, most schools do not operate in any meaningful way outside of them to provide an authentic, contextually global educational experience. APIS is different.
- Moving away from the traditional educational paradigm, APIS has created a global network of campuses under one school - our East Asia campus in Seoul, Korea, and our campus of the West in North Shore (Hauula), Hawaii - offering a unique educational opportunity to draw from the advantages of both the East and the West. Imagine the possibilities!
- At the same time, each campus will have its own curricular specializations and emphases. For example, our 97-acre APIS Hawaii campus, nestled against an emerald mountain backdrop and overlooking the Pacific Ocean, is a residential boarding school serving middle and high school students (grades 5-12).
- This campus will feature the "New Pacific Century Academy (NPC Academy)," an innovative, student-directed, educational program, which will serve as our center of project-based, experiential, and service learning.
- APIS is committed to a small class size and a low faculty to student ratio.
- Currently, 100 percent of our graduates go on to four-year colleges and universities, matriculating from top institutions such as Stanford, Cornell, Darthmouth, Yale, U Penn, Wash U, NYU, Williams, RISD and Duke.
- Finally, APIS is a Christ-centered school. APIS` religious affiliation is non-denominational Christian and welcomes students from all religious and cultural backgrounds.
- Asia Pacific International School Hawaii accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS), and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- Submit Review for Asia Pacific International School Hawaii
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12| 1900 students 23.6 miles563 Kamoku Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
Graduates of boarding schools end up doing all sorts of things. Many of them become distinguished leaders in their chosen fields.
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.