Asia Pacific International School Hawaii
Asia Pacific International School (APIS) is a K-12, coed, college-preparatory school with a mission to nurture leaders of the New Pacific Century and bridge the gap between East and West.
To leverage the power of place-based education, APIS has established a global network of campuses under one school: an East Asia campus in Seoul, South Korea, and a West campus in Hau`ula, Hawai`i.
The 97-acre Hawai`i campus on the North Shore of O`ahu is a safe learning environment, where students from Hawai`i and around the world build relationships, explore passions, and become leaders.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
Asia Pacific International School Hawaii Alumni #1Stanford University APIS is a project-based school that is really focused on community. Teachers truly care about you and your learning, and the things you learn in class not only prepares you so well for college but. . .
Class of 2017
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Asia Pacific||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||5-12, PG||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||K-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||97 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||90 students||302 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1350||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||7:1|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$3,500|
(Full two-week boarding program)
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Anna Kasagawa|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||23||16|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Orienteering, Paddle Tennis, Polo, Riding, Sailing, Soccer, Surf Team, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||29||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Agriculture, Book Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Investment Club, Japanese Club, Knitting, Korean Club, Math Club, Model United Nations, Student Council, Student-Led Clubs
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Studio, Band, Ceramics, Choir, Dance, Hula, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Camping Club, Horseback Riding, Outdoor Club, Polo, Sailing, Scuba, Snorkeling, Soccer, Surfing, Water Polo Club
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- APIS was founded in 2007 on the belief that students should authentically engage in global learning experiences. Through project-based learning, frequent field trips, outdoor learning, internships, community service, and opportunities to study in their Seoul campus, APIS students learn from what is real and meaningful.
- APIS is a caring, Christian community with less than ten students in each grade. Small class sizes and advisories create an environment where students are known, support is readily available, and instruction is individualized.
- Extracurricular options include swimming in their 25-meter saltwater pool, golf, beach volleyball, canoe paddling, agriculture, computer science, robotics, art, band, piano, and many other activities, including student-run clubs.
- All APIS graduates pursue higher education. Students from the Hawai`i campus have been admitted to top-tier universities, including Stanford, Yale, Brown, Columbia, Duke, Boston, and NYU.
- Five-day and seven-day boarding options enable students from around the world to live on campus, enjoying meals cooked by a world-class chef, weekend activities, and evening tutoring sessions.
- Asia Pacific International School Hawaii accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS), and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Asia Pacific International School Hawaii
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12| 2020 students 23.6 miles563 Kamoku Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
In the United States and throughout the world, it is well-documented that even though boys score as well as girls on standardized tests, they are less likely to receive good grades, take advanced courses,and attend college. Learn how boys schools can help address these concerns.
As amazing as it sounds, corporal punishment is still legal in over 20 states. Fortunately private schools banned the practice many decades ago.
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.