Asia Pacific International School Hawaii
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 5-12, PG
- Enrollment: 150 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $54,000
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $25,000
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Asia Pacific International School Hawaii ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 294 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
(5 Day Boarding)
(Full two-week boarding program)
Agriculture, Book Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Investment Club, Japanese Club, Knitting, Korean Club, Math Club, Model United Nations, Student Council, Student-Led Clubs
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Studio, Band, Ceramics, Choir, Dance, Hula, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Camping Club, Horseback Riding, Outdoor Club, Polo, Sailing, Scuba, Snorkeling, Soccer, Surfing, Water Polo Club
- APIS was founded in 2007 on the belief that students should authentically engage in global learning experiences. Through project-based learning, frequent field trips, outdoor learning, internships, community service, and opportunities to study in their Seoul campus, APIS students learn from what is real and meaningful.
- APIS is a caring, Christian community with less than ten students in each grade. Small class sizes and advisories create an environment where students are known, support is readily available, and instruction is individualized.
- Extracurricular options include swimming in their 25-meter saltwater pool, golf, beach volleyball, canoe paddling, agriculture, computer science, robotics, art, band, piano, and many other activities, including student-run clubs.
- All APIS graduates pursue higher education. Students from the Hawai`i campus have been admitted to top-tier universities, including Stanford, Yale, Brown, Columbia, Duke, Boston, and NYU.
- Five-day and seven-day boarding options enable students from around the world to live on campus, enjoying meals cooked by a world-class chef, weekend activities, and evening tutoring sessions.
- Asia Pacific International School Hawaii accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS), and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Asia Pacific International School Hawaii cost?
Asia Pacific International School Hawaii's tuition is approximately $54,000 for boarding students and $25,000 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Asia Pacific International School Hawaii?
The acceptance rate of Asia Pacific International School Hawaii is 90%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
What sports does Asia Pacific International School Hawaii offer?
Asia Pacific International School Hawaii offers 27 interscholastic sports: Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Orienteering, Paddle Tennis, Polo, Riding, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball and Water Polo. Asia Pacific International School Hawaii is ranked as one of the top boarding schools for most sports offered.
What is Asia Pacific International School Hawaii's ranking?
Asia Pacific International School Hawaii ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for Most sports offered and High average SAT scores.
When is the application deadline for Asia Pacific International School Hawaii?
The application deadline for Asia Pacific International School Hawaii is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2017