- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 2,100 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $61,200
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
AP / Advanced Courses
- A unique location within the United States, Hawai'i stands apart as a true cultural polyglot - we speak and celebrate the languages of many cultures. This spirit infuses student life at 'Iolani School. Ethnic and cultural diversity are the very face of our school and this empowers students from many different backgrounds to be who they are, share their culture and form friendships that will last a lifetime.
- At 'Iolani School, we provide opportunities for the whole child, so that all students can pursue their passions and discover bigger parts of themselves. This is a safe place for trial and error, as well as intellectual risk-taking.
- 'Iolani is a world leader in teaching innovation. The Sullivan Center for Innovation and Leadership is a 40,000 square foot facility dedicated to teaching innovation, leadership, applied technologies, research science, design, computer science and communications.
- Outside the classroom, our students are engaged in 90+ clubs, organizations, and community service organizations and compete on more than 100 teams at the intermediate, junior varsity, and varsity level.
- Iolani School accreditations: WASC, HAIS, NAIS, TABS
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Dr. Sun Yat-sen (1882) - Chinese philosopher, physician, politician, served as first president of the Republic of China
- Guy Kawasaki '72 - Venture Capitalist, Author, Former Chief Evangelist of Apple
- Angela Aki '96 - Singer/Songwriter
- Bobby Webster '02 - General Manager for the Toronto Raptors
- Kawika Shoji '06 - Team USA Olympic Volleyball Medalist
- Shenan Brown '99 - Lead vocalist of pop band 'Def Tech"
- Aaron Kandell '01 - Screenwriter and producer
- Jordan Kandell '01 - Screenwriter and producer
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Iolani School cost?
Iolani School's tuition is approximately $61,200 for boarding students.
Who are famous alumni from Iolani School?
Iolani School famous alumni include: Dr. Sun Yat-sen (1882), Guy Kawasaki '72, Angela Aki '96, Bobby Webster '02, Kawika Shoji '06, Shenan Brown '99, Aaron Kandell '01 and Jordan Kandell '01.
What sports does Iolani School offer?
Iolani School offers 23 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo and Wrestling. Iolani School is ranked as one of the top boarding schools for most sports offered.
Does Iolani School offer a summer program?
Yes, Iolani School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Iolani School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Iolani School?
The application deadline for Iolani School is Jan. 31 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 31 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).