Brehm Preparatory School
Brehm's mission is to empower students with learning disabilities to recognize and realize their full potential.
Brehm delivers a unique holistic educational program that fulfills the academic, social, and emotional needs of each student.
Founded in 1982, Brehm School is the only accredited junior and senior high school in the Midwest specifically designed to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of students with learning disabilities and attention deficit disorder.
The Brehm Academic Curriculum is designed and implemented in accordance with the Brehm Vision and Mission. Brehm's curricula has been approved by the Illinois State Board of Education, North Central Association, and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.
Residential life is an integral part of Brehm's education. Brehm's daily structure allows students to feel more confident and comfortable with how each day will unfold, which is the foundation of our decades of success.
The recreation program is designed to encourage students to participate in structured activities that teach them new skills. Students have fun, develop balance in their social interactions, increase their self-esteem, gain new experiences, learn to plan and set goals, increase their awareness of leisure resources, and develop culturally and emotionally.
The Brehm campus is a very special place. It is a cooperative family style environment where students discover that they share learning differences with others. Additionally, they learn not only from their instructors and tutors, but from their fellow students as well. As Brehm students learn how to learn together, they also make lifelong friends.
- Brehm School is an internationally known family-style boarding school for boys and girls, grades 6-12 with learning disabilities.
- Brehm offers a unique holistic program that individually addresses each student`s academic, emotional and social needs.
- At Brehm, students find success -- go on to college, find fulfilling careers and become successful entrepreneurs.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Brehm Preparatory||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||6-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||80 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||5 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Brian Taylor|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||2||14|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Animal Lovers, Art Club, Outdoor Skills, Paintball
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Biking Club, Bowling & Billiards, Golf Club, Swimming, Volleyball
Brehm`s mission is to empower students with learning disabilities to recognize and achieve their full potential.To accomplish this mission, we place high value on:
- Student empowerment
- Strategies for interactive problem-solving
- Ongoing, open communication
- Staff development
- Continuous improvement of programs
- Financial stability
- A safe environment
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Dorm Parents
- Recreation Staff
- Registered Nurses
- LD types supported: dyslexia, ADHD/ADD, aphasia, aspergers, nonverbal learning disorders (NLD), visual processing, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, anxiety disorder, auditory processing disorder, speed of processing disorders, and dysphasia
- School accreditations: The Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- Submit Review for Brehm Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 160 students 376.2 miles1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.