EF Academy Oxford
- Grades: (Boarding) 11-12
- Students: 188 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $54,700
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: May. 31 / rolling
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2016
Not yet confirmed
Class of 2016
Still an IB student at school.
Class of 2016
University of Westminster
Academics and Faculty
AP / Advanced Courses
3D Printing and Lego Technic Club, AGOGE, Art Club, Biology Club, Chess Club, Dissection Club, Drama Club, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Engineering Club, Handball, History Club, Hult Global Business Challenge, Law Club, Maths Challenge, Model UN, Physics Club, Salsa, Science Ethics, University Challenge, Yearbook, Zumba
Arts and Music Programs:
Art for Change Club, Dance, Theater Workshop
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Aerobics, Running Club, Yoga
Prepare to excel
- Our small school encourages you to study, work and flourish in a friendly, mature and supportive atmosphere. The student body is made up of mature, open-minded students who are in their last two years of secondary school and well on their way to university acceptance. Those who succeed here have a love of culture and ideas and a willingness to engage in global issues. They are also incredibly committed to their studies and determined to make the most of the many exciting intellectual and experiential opportunities available to them in Oxford.
- EF Academy Oxford is a five-minute bike ride from central Oxford. The small and vibrant city has beautiful buildings and a large, diverse academic community dominated by the famous university. Beyond the campus, you will find shops, restaurants, cafes and cinemas, which offer you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture of your host country. London is one hour away from the school and is easily accessible.
- At EF Academy Oxford, you will begin developing the skills needed to succeed at university from day one. Our students regularly attend lectures in a variety of subjects given by professors from the University of Oxford, and EF Academy teachers with links to the university have arranged visits to its math department and science laboratories. We actively develop this link by inviting postgraduate students to run sessions for our gifted and talented students. To ensure they are ready for independent research at university level, all students have full access to Oxford Brookes University Library, located next to our campus.
- Throughout the term, our students have the opportunity to visit he museums, theaters and galleries in Oxford, as well as Begbroke Science Park, the Culham Centre for Fusion Energy and the mini BMW works in Cowley. With London being so close, students regularly visit the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum, and the British Museum. Opportunities for academic enrichment via plays, lectures or workshops at the University of Oxford and University College London, Ted talks, and visits to a range of universities and exhibitions are organized on a weekly basis and students are encourage to attend these events daily.