EF Academy Oxford
EF Academy Oxford Photo #3 - On average our teacher to student ratio is 1:6. Small class sizes mean significant interaction and closer connections between faculty and students.
EF Academy Oxford Photo #5 - As an international school, Model United Nations is particularly relevant and competitive.
EF Academy Oxford Photo #9 - Tuition includes various field trips, museum visits and university visits throughout the United Kingdom. Our campus is only an hour from London by bus.
- With its historic university and diverse student population, Oxford is known as the academic heart of Britain.
- At EF Academy Oxford, you will combine contemporary learning with Britain's academic traditions for the ultimate pre-university experience that will position you for a bright future.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Not yet confirmed 100% International students from around the world, professional university guidance counsellors to help with university application, Powerschool, which is an online system, allows parents to access for student's attendance, comments from teachers and grades. . .
- Still an IB student at school. I would say that the uniqueness of Oxford EF Academy is in its location because it is really not far away from the City Centre (20 min walk or 5-10 mins by bus), its also. . .
- University of Westminster EF Academy is the only international boarding school which has many cultural diversities with students from 72 different countries that has given the student a lot of opportunities not only studying in the UK either. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
EF Academy Oxford is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 332 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|EF Academy Oxford|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 11-12|
|Campus Size||5 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||39|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Jason M. Kirschner|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Danielle Schwartz|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||n/a|
|Courses||IB Biology SL/HL, IB Business and Management SL/HL, IB Chemistry SL/HL, IB Core: CAS, EE & TOK, IB Economics SL/HL, IB English B SL/HL, IB English Literature SL/HL, IB Environmental Systems and Societies SL, IB French A Literature SL/HL, IB French ab Initio SL, IB French B SL/HL, IB German A Literature SL, IB History SL/HL, IB Italian A Literature SL/HL, IB Mathematical Studies SL, IB Mathematics SL/HL, IB Norwegian A Literature SL, IB Philosophy SL/HL, IB Physics SL/HL, IB Self-Taught Literature SL, IB Spanish A Literature SL/HL, IB Spanish ab Initio SL, IB Spanish B SL/HL, IB Theater SL/HL|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||17 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
3D Printing and Lego Technic Club, Chess Club, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Hult Global Business Challenge, Maths Challenge, Model UN, University Challenge, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art for Change Club, Dance, Theater Workshop
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Aerobics, Badminton Club, Basketball, Running Club, Soccer Club, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
Prepare to excel
- Our small school encourages you to study, work and flourish in a friendly, mature and supportive atmosphere. The student body is made up of mature, open-minded students who are in their last two years of secondary school and well on their way to university acceptance. Those who succeed here have a love of culture and ideas and a willingness to engage in global issues. They are also incredibly committed to their studies and determined to make the most of the many exciting intellectual and experiential opportunities available to them in Oxford.
- EF Academy Oxford is a five-minute bike ride from central Oxford. The small and vibrant city has beautiful buildings and a large, diverse academic community dominated by the famous university. Beyond the campus, you will find shops, restaurants, cafes and cinemas, which offer you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture of your host country. London is one hour away from the school and is easily accessible.
- At EF Academy Oxford, you will begin developing the skills needed to succeed at university from day one. Our students regularly attend lectures in a variety of subjects given by professors from the University of Oxford, and EF Academy teachers with links to the university have arranged visits to its math department and science laboratories. We actively develop this link by inviting postgraduate students to run sessions for our gifted and talented students. To ensure they are ready for independent research at university level, all students have full access to Oxford Brookes University Library, located next to our campus.
- Throughout the term, our students have the opportunity to visit he museums, theaters and galleries in Oxford, as well as Begbroke Science Park, the Culham Centre for Fusion Energy and the mini BMW works in Cowley. With London being so close, students regularly visit the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum, and the British Museum. Opportunities for academic enrichment via plays, lectures or workshops at the University of Oxford and University College London, Ted talks, and visits to a range of universities and exhibitions are organized on a weekly basis and students are encourage to attend these events daily.
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for EF Academy Oxford
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 400 students 38.6 milesColdharbour Lane
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Thorpe, Surrey TW20 8TE, United Kingdom tw20 8te
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
- Grades: 9-12 | 800 students 3384.2 miles582 Columbus Avenue
Thornwood, NY 10594
- Grades: 7-12 | 260 students 3130.6 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.