EF Academy Oxford
Tuition includes various field trips, museum visits and university visits throughout the United Kingdom. Our campus is only an hour from London by bus.
- The EF Academy Oxford is located a 20-minute walk from Oxford`s city center.
- Located in a restored, centuries-old mansion known as Cotuit Hall, our campus features traditional buildings updated with multimedia classrooms, language and science laboratories, and several inviting student lounge areas, as well as full access to the excellent educational and leisure amenities offered at the adjoining EF International Language Centers campus.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Not yet confirmed 100% International students from around the world, professional university guidance counsellors to help with university application, Powerschool, which is an online system, allows parents to access for student's attendance, comments from teachers and grades. . .
- Still an IB student at school. I would say that the uniqueness of Oxford EF Academy is in its location because it is really not far away from the City Centre (20 min walk or 5-10 mins by bus), its also. . .
- University of Westminster EF Academy is the only international boarding school which has many cultural diversities with students from 72 different countries that has given the student a lot of opportunities not only studying in the UK either. . .
- EF Academy Oxford As this was my first time in an international school abroad, I found it to be friendly and caring, the teachers always encourage us to make the most of studying in Oxford and I sure. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 324 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|EF Academy Oxford|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 11-12|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:4|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||25|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(shared dormitory, 3 meals weekdays, 2 on weekends)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||May. 30|
|Director of Admissions||Jason M. Kirschner|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Danielle Schwartz|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||22 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
3D Printing Club, Chess Club, Cookery Club, Drone and Engineering Club, Duke of Edinburgh Award, French Club, Italian Club, Maths Challenge, Model UN
Arts and Music Programs:
Art for Change Club, Choir, Dance, Historical Film Club, Theater Workshop
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Basketball, Rock Climbing, Running Club, Soccer Club, Swimming, Tennis Club, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Local Goes Global
- Our students come from more than 75 countries, including the United Kingdom, while our faculty represents over 40 countries. This unique atmosphere provides students with an advantageous experience, one that enhances their worldview in addition to their resume. We emphasize areas of study such as languages, cross-cultural communication, sciences and world history that are increasingly in demand in the global marketplace, and is conveniently located near Oxford's city center.
- IB Advantage
- According to the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), students who participate in IB Programs are more than twice as likely to be accepted to the Top 50 universities in the United States. With over 30 IB course offerings, EF Academy is proud to be an IB World School. Students in EF Academy programs have earned places at top universities including Oxford, Cambridge, University of Michigan, Columbia, University of Southern California, Columbia, St. Andrew's, NYU, UCLA, Williams College, Johns Hopkins University, University of Virigina, and UC Berkeley.
- Worldwide Leader in Education
- EF Academy is a division of EF Education First, a global leader in the field of international education. Founded in 1965, EF Education First is the largest private educational organization in the world. EF`s Hult International Business School is ranked among the Financial Times` top 100 business schools. EF is also well known for its study-abroad and language programs, and it has cared for and educated thousands of young people in during is near 50-year history.
- Submit Review for EF Academy Oxford
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 400 students 38.6 milesColdharbour Lane
Thorpe, Surrey TW20 8TE, United Kingdom tw20 8te
44 0 1932 58231638.69-12, PG400
- Grades: 9-12 | 800 students 3384.5 miles582 Columbus Avenue
Thornwood, NY 10594
- Grades: 7-12 | 260 students 3131 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 50 students 5394.2 miles345 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.