SPIRE Institute and Academy
5201 SPIRE Circle
Geneva, OH 44041
Geneva, OH 44041
Tel: (440) 466-1002 Ext. 201
- SPIRE is committed to unlocking an individual`s full potential. We integrate professional training, education and competition across a wide variety of sports, disciplines and possible career paths.From basketball to esports, swimming to mechatronics and track and field to drone racing, no other academy can match the diversity of our curriculum offerings.
- SPIRE student-athletes attend residential academy semester programs, but also have the opportunity to experience intense weekend and week-long training camps.
- Our academic mission is dedicated to developing the entire individual and to preparing him/her to achieve peak performance in school, at work and in life.
- The "SPIRE Way" places equal focus and extra emphasis on the development of strong minds, strong bodies and strong character.
Top 20 Placements
SPIRE Institute and Academy is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 305 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|SPIRE Institute and||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||350 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||75 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1100||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||8||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Lindsey Ahrens|
- As the foundation of SPIRE, the Academy is where training and education live within four integrated priorities: academics, one`s specialty passion (i.e., sport), personal skills development and career path preparation.
- The SPIRE Academy 9-12th grade college preparatory, accredited, cross curricular, project based program is designed with the progressive learner/thinker in mind. By coupling training with a commitment to maximizing each student`s personal development and preparation for multiple career options, SPIRE Academy is the best place get ready to excel in school, at work and within life itself.
- SPIRE is committed to developing technically skilled players who love to train and live to compete. This is accomplished via an intensive regimen of technical, tactical and competitive training and long-term athletic performance development. Bottom line: SPIRE builds strong, confident, mentally tougher player-athletes who thrive under the pressure of competition. It also provides ideal exposure to the collegiate coaching network. As a result, SPIRE has placed hundreds of athletes into collegiate programs across the US.
- Personal Skill Development
- Everything you do at SPIRE is meant to help you discover your power and your responsibility. SPIRE exists to empower young adolescents as engaged citizens of an ever changing, complex global society. By delving into topics such as integrity, honesty, ethics, gratitude, conflict resolution, communication skills - students giving their all to their program and its many challenges, will be better poised to navigate their student athlete journeys with greater confidence, conviction and commitment.
- Career Path Preparation
- We understand the journey to finding your path. Whether your goal is collegiate, professional or Olympic, we align academics and athletics to support that path. Whatever your goal, we can support you.
- SPIRE Institute and Academy accreditations: ISACS, ODE, TAIS, TABS
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for SPIRE Institute and Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 400 students 44.6 miles115 College Street
Hudson, OH 44236
(330) 650-971744.69-12, PG400
- Grades: 5-12 | 125 students 113.1 miles6727 South Chippawa Rd
Wellandport, Ontario, Canada 12345
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
A boarding school is a business. Is your business on brand?