SPIRE Institute and Academy
5201 SPIRE Circle
Geneva, OH 44041
Geneva, OH 44041
Tel: (440) 466-1002 Ext. 201
SPIRE is committed to unlocking an individual`s full potential. We integrate professional training, education and competition across a wide variety of sports, disciplines and possible career paths.From basketball to esports, swimming to mechatronics and track and field to drone racing, no other academy can match the diversity of our curriculum offerings.
SPIRE student-athletes attend residential academy semester programs, but also have the opportunity to experience intense weekend and week-long training camps.
Our academic mission is dedicated to developing the entire individual and to preparing him/her to achieve peak performance in school, at work and in life.
The "SPIRE Way" places equal focus and extra emphasis on the development of strong minds, strong bodies and strong character.
Top 20 Placements
SPIRE Institute and Academy is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 305 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|SPIRE Institute and||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||350 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||75 students||306 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1100||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||8||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Lindsey Ahrens|
- As the foundation of SPIRE, the Academy is where training and education live within four integrated priorities: academics, one`s specialty passion (i.e., sport), personal skills development and career path preparation.
- The SPIRE Academy 9-12th grade college preparatory, accredited, cross curricular, project based program is designed with the progressive learner/thinker in mind. By coupling training with a commitment to maximizing each student`s personal development and preparation for multiple career options, SPIRE Academy is the best place get ready to excel in school, at work and within life itself.
- SPIRE is committed to developing technically skilled players who love to train and live to compete. This is accomplished via an intensive regimen of technical, tactical and competitive training and long-term athletic performance development. Bottom line: SPIRE builds strong, confident, mentally tougher player-athletes who thrive under the pressure of competition. It also provides ideal exposure to the collegiate coaching network. As a result, SPIRE has placed hundreds of athletes into collegiate programs across the US.
- Personal Skill Development
- Everything you do at SPIRE is meant to help you discover your power and your responsibility. SPIRE exists to empower young adolescents as engaged citizens of an ever changing, complex global society. By delving into topics such as integrity, honesty, ethics, gratitude, conflict resolution, communication skills - students giving their all to their program and its many challenges, will be better poised to navigate their student athlete journeys with greater confidence, conviction and commitment.
- Career Path Preparation
- We understand the journey to finding your path. Whether your goal is collegiate, professional or Olympic, we align academics and athletics to support that path. Whatever your goal, we can support you.
- SPIRE Institute and Academy accreditations: ISACS, ODE, TAIS, TABS
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for SPIRE Institute and Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 500 students 646.2 miles1200 Oakdale Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55118
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 400 students 44.6 miles115 College Street
Hudson, OH 44236
(330) 650-971744.69-12, PG400
- Grades: 7-12 | 215 students 614.2 miles1600 St. Bernard Drive, S.E.
Cullman, AL 35055
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 2070.9 miles41 W Santa Clara St.
Arcadia, CA 91007
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.