SPIRE Institute and Academy
Geneva, OH 44041
SPIRE Institute and Academy ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 303 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|SPIRE Institute and||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||350 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||75 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1100||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||8||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Lindsey Ahrens|
- As the foundation of SPIRE, the Academy is where training and education live within four integrated priorities: academics, one`s specialty passion (i.e., sport), personal skills development and career path preparation.
- The SPIRE Academy 9-12th grade college preparatory, accredited, cross curricular, project based program is designed with the progressive learner/thinker in mind. By coupling training with a commitment to maximizing each student`s personal development and preparation for multiple career options, SPIRE Academy is the best place get ready to excel in school, at work and within life itself.
- SPIRE is committed to developing technically skilled players who love to train and live to compete. This is accomplished via an intensive regimen of technical, tactical and competitive training and long-term athletic performance development. Bottom line: SPIRE builds strong, confident, mentally tougher player-athletes who thrive under the pressure of competition. It also provides ideal exposure to the collegiate coaching network. As a result, SPIRE has placed hundreds of athletes into collegiate programs across the US.
- Personal Skill Development
- Everything you do at SPIRE is meant to help you discover your power and your responsibility. SPIRE exists to empower young adolescents as engaged citizens of an ever changing, complex global society. By delving into topics such as integrity, honesty, ethics, gratitude, conflict resolution, communication skills - students giving their all to their program and its many challenges, will be better poised to navigate their student athlete journeys with greater confidence, conviction and commitment.
- Career Path Preparation
- We understand the journey to finding your path. Whether your goal is collegiate, professional or Olympic, we align academics and athletics to support that path. Whatever your goal, we can support you.
- SPIRE Institute and Academy accreditations: ISACS, ODE, TAIS, TABS
Profile last updated: 12/02/2020
- Submit Review for SPIRE Institute and Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 500 students 646.2 miles1200 Oakdale Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55118
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 190 students 297.6 miles6801 N. Wilhelm Road
La Porte, IN 46350
(219) 326-7450297.69-12, PG190
- Grades: 9-12| 80 students 481.2 miles280 Locke Drive
Marlborough, MA 01752