The King's Academy
The King's Academy Photo #2 - TKA's modern, 60 acre (24 hectare) campus is located in sunny West Palm Beach, Florida. Campus is a 10 minute drive to some of the world's most beautiful beaches. The surrounding community is home to exclusive cultural venues, celebrity homes, and more than 2,000 restaurants. TKA is a within a short drive to Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Orlando.
The King's Academy Photo #3 - The King's Academy "Lions" athletics program offers 48 different sports teams and has a distinguished tradition of excellence, including winning: 105 FHSAA District Championships, 34 FHSAA Regional Championships, & 10 FHSAA State Championships.
The King's Academy Photo #4 - TKA features an on-campus tennis academy; allowing students to experience the highest levels of development through professional coaching, scheduling flexibility, academic support, and access to the intense travel and tournament schedule of South Florida, which is widely recognized as the world's epicenter of amateur tennis.
The King's Academy Photo #5 - TKA's on-campus Aquatics Center features an olympic style swimming pool and accompanying locker rooms and team meeting facilities, allowing swimmers to train & compete year round.
The King's Academy Photo #6 - TKA features a nationally recognized performing arts program, led by Artistic Director, David Snyder, Tony Award nominee for Excellence in Education. Recent performing arts related college acceptances have included Harvard, Yale, NYU, and Northwestern. The program has been greatly enhanced by the construction of a new 10-million-dollar Center for the Performing Arts.
The King's Academy Photo #7 - As a part of the Conservatory of the Arts program, students interested in visual arts can explore: AP Studio Art 2-D Design Portfolio, 2-Dimensional Art, 3-Dimensional Studio Art I, Drawing I, Painting I, Portfolio Development Drawing, and Printmaking I.
The King's Academy Photo #8 - TKA's on-campus dance studio allows students to pursue various dance mediums and techniques in coordination with the Conservatory of the Arts Program.
The King's Academy Photo #9 - The King's Academy offers both traditional homestay and Residential Dormitory boarding. Residential Dormitories are large homes in the community surrounding campus. Each home consists of six students and two TKA-employed Dorm Parents. By limiting the number of students in each Residential Dormitory to six, TKA's boarding program has maintained a "family" atmosphere.
The King's Academy Photo #10 - Each Residential Dormitory home provides students with community spaces as well as quiet study spaces to handle the academic rigors of TKA. The homes also feature amenities to ensure that students are living an active and healthy lifestyle, including: ping-pong tables, pool, bicycles, tennis courts, basketball, and swimming pools.
- The King`s Academy is a National Blue Ribbon private school, located in beautiful Florida, within the Southeastern part of the United States.
- TKA welcomes international boarding students in grades 7-12 for 18 weeks (1 semester) to multi-year diploma seeking tracks.
- The King's Academy offers a traditional homestay program, as well as a residential dormitory boarding option.
- With 140+ course offerings, including 22 Advanced Placement courses, TKA serves to challenge even the most gifted international students.
- King's ELITE sports academy offers high-level athletes an opporutnity to board with other athletes, pursue a diploma from TKA with a flexible training schedule, and have immediate access to exceptional coaching and travel / tournament competetiion.
|Definition of Terms |
2019 School Data
|The King's Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||8-12||5-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||Pre-K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||60 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||1550 students||318 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or Navy Blue Shorts or Skirts, Red or Blue Polo)
|Average Class Size||17 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:17||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||22||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Brian Burrage|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Matthew Gille|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||16|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Specified tracks give boarding students at The King's Academy a unique advantage. These programs include Aviation, Business, Law, Engineering, and a nationally recognized Conservatory of the Arts program. TKA graduates have attended Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, the University of Chicago, Duke, the University of Pennsylvania, California Institute of Technology, Dartmouth, Brown, and Cornell among many other prestigious institutions.
- Boarding students are active members of TKA`s school community. Students can choose from 65 athletic teams, bands, and choirs, 21 student clubs and organizations, 8 regularly scheduled trips, and a tremendous variety of co-curricular fine arts activities. Regular student life activities and trips, most of which are included in international tuition, include Universal Studios, the Florida Keys, Miami Heat basketball games, Alaska, Hawaii, New York City, Philadelphia and more.
- TKA is equipped to support Second Language Learners. International students enjoy administrative support through the International Office, specialized international orientation, 1-to-1 mentoring through the Global Ambassador Program and a specialized academic framework including ESL, TOEFL / SAT / ACT prep, semi-private tutoring, and academic advocacy.
- TKA`s modern, 60 acre (24 hectare) campus is located in sunny Southeast Florida. Campus is a 10 minute drive to some of the world`s most beautiful beaches. The surrounding community is home to exclusive cultural venues, celebrity homes, and more than 2,000 restaurants. TKA is a within a short drive to Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Orlando, home of Disneyworld and Universal Studios.
- West Palm Beach is home to Palm Beach International Airport (PBI), making international travel to and from The King`s Academy convenient for international students and their families (TKA is a 10 minute car ride from the terminals). Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Miami International Airports (MIA), which both offer direct flights to the major airports of the world are located within a convenient driving distance to campus, making direct international travel a fast and convenient experience.Palm Beach offers visiting international families world-class accommodations during their stay; including the five star accommodations of the Four Seasons Palm Beach, The Breakers Hotel, and PGA National Resort and Spa.
- LD types supported: ESL
- The King's Academy accreditations: ACSI, SACS, FACCS
- Submit Review for The King's Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 117 students 122.2 miles22000 Hwy 27
Lake Wales, FL 33859
Whether a school uses the Harkness Table™ or doesn't use the Harkness Table™ is a matter of teaching style worth exploring in some detail.
Teaching in a residential school brings its own challenges as well as some very powerful advantages. Here's how to survive your stint as a teacher in a boarding school.
Applying to boarding school is a long process with many parts to it. This checklist will help you organize the process and manage your time efficiently.