Wisconsin Lutheran High School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (414)453-4567 Ext. 2192
330 N. Glenview Avenue
Milwaukee , WI 53213
Milwaukee , WI 53213
Wisconsin Lutheran High School Photo #2 - Founded in 1903, Wisconsin Lutheran High School is a prestigious, multiethnic Christian boarding and day school for grades 9-12.
Wisconsin Lutheran High School Photo #3 - Wisconsin Lutheran is also known for offering the "English Excellence Summer Camp." Students from around the world travel to the school each summer to acquire the English skills and cultural insights vital for academic and career success.
Wisconsin Lutheran High School Photo #4 - Wisconsin Lutheran High School is located in a safe, friendly neighborhood on the outer limits of Milwaukee, one of the nation's most beloved cities.
Wisconsin Lutheran High School Photo #5 - Milwaukee is centrally located on the Great Lakes near other popular cities like Chicago and Madison.
- Wisconsin Lutheran High School (WLHS) is a prestigious, multi-ethnic, Christian boarding and day school located in the outer limits of the largest city in Wisconsin, Milwaukee and 1.5 hour drive from Chicago, Illinois.
- The school offers 135 courses, including 15 AP and College Credit courses, a large selection of high school and college dual credit online courses, and options to take courses at a local liberal arts college.
- Teachers with advanced degrees specializing in their fields challenge students through a rigorous curriculum focusing on 21st century learning objectives, student-centered instruction, critical thinking, and authentic assessments.
- Faith based values creates an environment of safety, positive peer pressure, and acceptance of the unique characteristics and talents of all students.
- Focusing on preparing future leaders, WLHS rounds out student academic life with award winning sports teams and fine arts programs, successful leadership and volunteer organizations, and over 40 clubs and competitive academic teams.
- Eight international and nine USA volunteer trips a year provide cross-cultural education and leadership opportunities equipping students to make an impact in their world.
- Graduates attend top ranked US and worldwide colleges and universities.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Augustana College Wisconsin Lutheran High School is very unique among many high schools around that area. Wisconsin Lutheran High School has a good academic program, sports program, and for the most, as an international student, they have. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Wisconsin Lutheran||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||13 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||775 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1269||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||19 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:13||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$13 million||$20 million|
(9,500 Residence Fee )
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 31 / Apr. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Brad Wetzel , USA Admissions |
Tamara Leyrer, International
|Associate Director of Admissions||Eric Duwe, International Admis|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||17|
|Courses||Advanced Accounting AP Biology AP Chemistry AP Calculus AB AP Calculus BC AP Computer Science Principles AP Economics AP English Composition AP English Literature AP Physics AP Psychology AP Statistics AP U.S. History Introduction to Engineering Design P, Principles of Engineering Design|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country Running, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||35||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Chess Club, Civil Rights Club, Drama Club, Forensics, International and American Student Club, International Club, Investment Club, Math Team, Mentoring, Mission Trips, National Honor Society, Percussion Ensemble, Photography Club, Robotics Team, Service Club, Service Learning, Steel Band, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Tech Team, Tutoring Club, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Brass Ensemble, Choir, Color Guard, Drama Club, Jazz Ensemble, Marching Band, Musical Theatre, Orchestra (Pit), Saxophone Ensemble, Show Choir, Woodwind Ensemble
- Over 100 year tradition of excellence in college preparation academics and fine arts with an award winning music program including 7 choirs, 4 bands, many musical ensembles, 2 major drama productions a year, and 3 large scale concerts
- Over 40 co-curricular clubs, sports teams, competitive academic teams, and music choices
- 81% of AP student test scores receive qualifying scores for college credit
- Diversity in student body celebrated and part of mission statement
- WWW Volunteer Organization mobilizes over 120 students into volunteer and problem solving real life experiences locally, in the USA and worldwide
- Project Lead the Way Engineering Program - completion in program with qualifying scores gains colllege credit with US News and World Report ranked Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Excellent college counseling Guidance Department
- LD types supported: Yes
- Wisconsin Lutheran High School accreditations: National Council of Private School Accreditation;Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Accreditation; WELS School Accredit
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Wisconsin Lutheran High School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 50 students 176.2 milesW10085 Pike Plains Road
Dunbar, WI 54119
- Grades: 9-12 | 108 students 105.8 miles615 East Marquette Woods Road
St. Joseph, MI 49085
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.