Wisconsin Lutheran High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (414) 453-4567 Ext. 2192
330 N. Glenview Avenue
Milwaukee , WI 53213
Milwaukee , WI 53213
Wisconsin Lutheran High School Photo #2 - Founded in 1903, Wisconsin Lutheran High School is a prestigious, multiethnic Christian boarding and day school for grades 9-12.
Wisconsin Lutheran High School Photo #3 - Wisconsin Lutheran is also known for offering the "English Excellence Summer Camp." Students from around the world travel to the school each summer to acquire the English skills and cultural insights vital for academic and career success.
Wisconsin Lutheran High School Photo #4 - Wisconsin Lutheran High School is located in a safe, friendly neighborhood on the outer limits of Milwaukee, one of the nation's most beloved cities.
Wisconsin Lutheran High School Photo #5 - Milwaukee is centrally located on the Great Lakes near other popular cities like Chicago and Madison.
Wisconsin Lutheran High School Photo #6 - Wisconsin Lutheran offers a number of trips, both for international students to learn about and visit historical sites in the United States and for domestic students to experience life abroad.
- Wisconsin Lutheran High School (WLHS) is a prestigious, multi-ethnic, Christian boarding and day school located in the outer limits of the largest city in Wisconsin, Milwaukee and 1.5 hour drive from Chicago, Illinois.
- The school offers 140 courses, including 16 AP and College Credit courses, Advanced and Honors courses, a large selection of high school and college dual credit online courses, and options to take courses at a local liberal arts college.
- Teachers with advanced degrees specializing in their fields challenge students through a rigorous curriculum focusing on 21st century learning objectives, student-centered instruction, critical thinking, and authentic assessments.
- Faith based values creates an environment of safety, positive peer pressure, and acceptance of the unique characteristics and talents of all students.
- Focusing on preparing future leaders, WLHS rounds out student academic life with award winning sports teams and fine arts programs, successful leadership and volunteer organizations, and over 40 clubs and competitive academic teams.
- Nine international and nine USA volunteer trips a year provide cross-cultural education and leadership opportunities equipping students to make an impact in their world.
- Leadership Training Program Award winning sports teams Over 40 clubs and leadership organizations
- Award winning Art and Music Program Graduates attend top ranked US and worldwide colleges and universities.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Augustana College Wisconsin Lutheran High School is very unique among many high schools around that area. Wisconsin Lutheran High School has a good academic program, sports program, and for the most, as an international student, they have. . .
- UW-Madison I wish I would have known about Wisconsin Lutheran High School (WLHS- Wisco) earlier so that I could have attended all four years of my high school there. It is not like traditional boarding schools. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Wisconsin Lutheran High School is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 305 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Wisconsin Lutheran||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||13 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||775 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1270||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1218 - 1463||-|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||19 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||30||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$13 million||$22 million|
(9,500 Residence Fee )
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 31 / Apr. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Brad Wetzel , USA Admissions |
Tamara Leyrer, International
|Associate Director of Admissions||Eric Duwe, International Admis|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||30||18|
|Courses||Advanced Accounting, Advanced Accounting AP Biology AP Chemistry AP Calculus AB AP Calculus BC AP Computer Science Principles AP Economics AP English Composition AP English Literature AP Physics AP Psychology AP Statistics AP U.S. History Introduction to Engineering Design P, Advanced Ceramics 1 • Advanced Ceramics 2 • Advanced Painting • Advanced Painting 2 • AP Visual Arts and Design, Advanced Composition, Advanced Fitness and Team Sports, Advanced Metals • Advanced Wood, AP Art, Honors Algebra 1 • Honors Algebra 2 • Honors Geometry • Honors Trigonometry, Honors Biology • Honors Chemistry, Honors English 9, Principles of Engineering Design|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country Running, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||45||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
American Student Mentors to New International Students, Art Club, Book Club, Civil Rights Club, Competitive Chess Team, Competitive Esports Team, Competitive Robotics Team, Culture Club, Drama Club, Games Club, International and American Student Club, Investment Club, Jazz Ensemble, K-Pop Club, Leadership Training Program, Math Team, Math Track Competitive Team, Mission Trips, Musical Theatre, Orchestra (Pit), Pair-A-Dice Board Game Club, Percussion Ensemble, Photography Club, Robotics Team, Saxophone Ensemble, Service Learning, Show Choir, Steel Band, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Tech Team, Tutoring Club, Woodwind Ensemble, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Brass Ensemble, Choir, Color Guard, Competitive Chess Team, Esports Competitive Team, Forensics, K-pop Club, Marching Band, National Honor Society, Service Club
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Over 100 year tradition of excellence in college preparation academics and fine arts with an award winning music program including 7 choirs, 4 bands, many musical ensembles, 2 major drama productions a year, and 3 large scale concerts
- Over 40 co-curricular clubs, sports teams, competitive academic teams, and music choices
- 81% of AP student test scores receive qualifying scores for college credit
- Diversity in student body celebrated and part of mission statement
- WWW Volunteer Organization mobilizes over 120 students into volunteer and problem solving real life experiences locally, in the USA and worldwide
- Project Lead the Way Engineering Program - completion in program with qualifying scores gains colllege credit with US News and World Report ranked Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Excellent college counseling Guidance Department
- LD types supported: Yes
- Wisconsin Lutheran High School accreditations: National Council of Private School Accreditation;Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Accreditation; WELS School Accredit
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Wisconsin Lutheran High School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 50 students 176.2 milesW10085 Pike Plains Road
Dunbar, WI 54119
(715) 324-6900176.29-12, PG50
- Grades: 9-12 | 208 students 440.6 miles1000 Green St.
Atchison, KS 66002
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 1722.3 miles41 W Santa Clara St.
Arcadia, CA 91007
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
A boarding school is a business. Is your business on brand?