Woodside Priory School (Priory)
Woodside Priory School (Priory) Photo #2 - More than 30 club and activity choices are available to High School students. Clubs provide opportunities to discover passions, develop strengths, apply academic knowledge in a practical way, develop self-knowledge, and learn to make the choices necessary to manage a busy schedule independently.
Woodside Priory School (Priory) Photo #3 - Our 50-acre campus is located 10 minutes from Stanford University, 40 minutes from San Francisco, and less than 30 minutes from the headquarters of companies like Facebook, Apple, and Google.
Woodside Priory School (Priory) Photo #4 - Academic rigor is part of life at Priory. Our students graduate fully prepared to enter the most selective colleges and universities.
Woodside Priory School (Priory) Photo #5 - Our classes are intentionally small and last between an hour and an hour and fifteen minutes, allowing students and teachers to engage deeply in intellectual discourse, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
Woodside Priory School (Priory) Photo #6 - At Woodside Priory, we offer a competitive interscholastic athletic program. At the same time, we don't cut students from teams, so everyone has the opportunity to participate.
Woodside Priory School (Priory) Photo #7 - The Priory values arts in education as an expression of one's own humanity and an aspect of understanding all humanity. In concert with academic studies, learning about and doing arts is part of fully developing students' intelligence and potential.
Woodside Priory is the only boarding school in Silicon Valley.
Located within 40 minutes of San Francisco and 10 minutes of Stanford University, the Priory is a coeducational boarding and day school for grades 9 through 12 as well as a coeducational day school for grades 6 through 8.
Situated on a 50-acre campus in the heart of Silicon Valley, Priory offers a 7:1 student/teacher ratio, a strong college and university preparatory curriculum, a vast performing arts program, and a competitive athletics program. The Priory strives to create a balanced experience for students where they can explore interests, develop passions, and discover meaningful activities.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- King's College London Priory has a high student-to-teacher ratio, which means that each and every student is taken care of by the teacher and the teachers really know the students well. It helps with accommodating individual student's needs. . .
- Brown University Our school is composed of about 20% boarding students and 80% day students in the upper school, meaning we are a smaller, very close-knit community within our larger school community. (The middle school is completely. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Woodside Priory||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||50 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||375 students||306 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1380||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1260 - 1505||-|
|Average ACT score||29||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||13 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||22||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$15 million||$23 million|
(Additional fees are $1,600. Books are extra.)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$40,945||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 9||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||85%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Matthew Lai|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Cherie Baylis|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||22||18|
|Courses||Advanced Music Theory, Art History, Biology (Advanced), Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, Differential Equations Honors, Economics, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Multivariable Calculus Honors, Physics, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||11||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Admissions Assistants, Art in Public Spaces, Associated Student Body, Athletic Therapy Assistants, Campus Ministry, Community Ensemble, Daraja Club, Gay/ Straight Alliance, Green Campus Action Team, International Club, School Reach, Social Justice Club, VEX Robotics, Web Design, Womentors, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Choir, Concert Choir, Fashion Show, Improv Club, Jazz Band, Middlesex Art Association, San Domenico Singers
|Year: 2013 - 2018||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Southern California||14|
|Santa Clara University||13|
|New York University||12|
|University of Colorado at Boulder||12|
|University of California, Berkeley||11|
|University of Oregon||7|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Located within 40 minutes of San Francisco and 10 minutes from Stanford University, the Priory is a coeducational boarding and day school for grades 9 through 12 as well as a coeducational day school for grades 6 through 8. Situated on a 50-acre campus in the heart of Silicon Valley, Priory offers a 7:1 student/teacher ratio, a strong college and university preparatory curriculum, a vast performing arts program, and a competitive athletics program.The Priory strives to create a balanced experience for students where they can explore interests, develop passions, and discover meaningful activities. Everything we do revolves around our Mission to assist students in becoming lifelong learners and stewards who will productively serve the world in need of their gifts and our five Benedictine values of Community, Hospitality, Individuality, Integrity, and Spirituality. Priory students are challenged to develop their fullest potential in the classrooms, on the athletic fields, in the performing and visual arts, and in service to the greater community around them. Priory graduates go on to attend schools all across the country, including bigger schools such as Stanford, Harvard, Yale, UC Berkeley, and UCLA, as well as smaller colleges like Carleton, Oberlin, Santa Clara, and Whitman.The Boarding Program embodies a family model with a full-time Residential Faculty dedicated to working with boarding students after school, in the evenings, and on weekends. The goal of the Boarding Program is to develop independent, responsible, and kind students who will engage in their communities. International in scope, the program attracts students from all parts of the world and throughout the western United States. Boarders enjoy the seamless interaction with the Priory's day students in and outside the classroom. This provides for a rich diversity of peers and experiences that create a strong, vibrant community.
- Woodside Priory School (Priory) accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS), Western Catholic Education Association (WECA), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Taylor Eigsti - Grammy nominated jazz pianist
- Marc Fiore - Awarded 2010 Pulitzer Prize for Political Cartooning
- Submit Review for Woodside Priory School (Priory)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.