Woodside Priory School (Priory)
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 375 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $71,975
- Acceptance rate: 20%
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 9
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(Additional fees are $1,600. Books are extra.)
AP / Advanced Courses
Admissions Assistants, Art in Public Spaces, Associated Student Body, Athletic Therapy Assistants, Campus Ministry, Community Ensemble, Daraja Club, Gay/ Straight Alliance, Green Campus Action Team, International Club, School Reach, Social Justice Club, VEX Robotics, Web Design, Womentors, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Choir, Concert Choir, Fashion Show, Improv Club, Jazz Band, Middlesex Art Association, San Domenico Singers
- Located within 40 minutes of San Francisco and 10 minutes from Stanford University, the Priory is a coeducational boarding and day school for grades 9 through 12 as well as a coeducational day school for grades 6 through 8. Situated on a 50-acre campus in the heart of Silicon Valley, Priory offers a 7:1 student/teacher ratio, a strong college and university preparatory curriculum, a vast performing arts program, and a competitive athletics program.The Priory strives to create a balanced experience for students where they can explore interests, develop passions, and discover meaningful activities. Everything we do revolves around our Mission to assist students in becoming lifelong learners and stewards who will productively serve the world in need of their gifts and our five Benedictine values of Community, Hospitality, Individuality, Integrity, and Spirituality. Priory students are challenged to develop their fullest potential in the classrooms, on the athletic fields, in the performing and visual arts, and in service to the greater community around them. Priory graduates go on to attend schools all across the country, including bigger schools such as Stanford, Harvard, Yale, UC Berkeley, and UCLA, as well as smaller colleges like Carleton, Oberlin, Santa Clara, and Whitman.The Boarding Program embodies a family model with a full-time Residential Faculty dedicated to working with boarding students after school, in the evenings, and on weekends. The goal of the Boarding Program is to develop independent, responsible, and kind students who will engage in their communities. International in scope, the program attracts students from all parts of the world and throughout the western United States. Boarders enjoy the seamless interaction with the Priory's day students in and outside the classroom. This provides for a rich diversity of peers and experiences that create a strong, vibrant community.
- Woodside Priory School (Priory) accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS), Western Catholic Education Association (WECA), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Taylor Eigsti - Grammy nominated jazz pianist
- Marc Fiore - Awarded 2010 Pulitzer Prize for Political Cartooning
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Woodside Priory School (Priory) cost?
Woodside Priory School (Priory)'s tuition is approximately $71,975 for boarding students.
What schools are Woodside Priory School (Priory) often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of Woodside Priory School (Priory)?
The acceptance rate of Woodside Priory School (Priory) is 20%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%. Woodside Priory School (Priory)'s acceptance rate is ranked as one of the top boarding schools with low acceptance rates.
Who are famous alumni from Woodside Priory School (Priory)?
Woodside Priory School (Priory) famous alumni include: Taylor Eigsti and Marc Fiore.
What sports does Woodside Priory School (Priory) offer?
Woodside Priory School (Priory) offers 11 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Water Polo.
What is Woodside Priory School (Priory)'s ranking?
When is the application deadline for Woodside Priory School (Priory)?
The application deadline for Woodside Priory School (Priory) is Jan. 9.
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2014
King's College London
Class of 2013