- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 300 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $22,000
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $11,550
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(USA (Non-Hockey) - $37,000 CND, Saskatchewan (Non-Hockey) - $22,000 CND, Saskatchewan (Hockey) - $28,000 CND,Canadian (Non-Hockey) - $33,500 CND,Canadian (Hockey) - $39,500 CND,USA (Hockey) - $43,000 CND,International (Non-Hockey) - $51,000 CND,International (Hockey) - $57,000 CND,)
(Day Student (Hockey) - $17,000 CND)
(Summer Hockey Camps:-Male Elite Overnight Camp (2008-2011 Born) July 31-Aug 4, 2023 / Male Development Day Camp (2008-2012 Born) August 14-18, 2023 /$800, - Female Overnight Development Camp (2006-2012 Born) August 7-11 / $1075,- High-Performance Goalie Overnight Camp (2006-2012 Born) August 7-11, 2023/ $1075)
(Notre Dame uses FAST aid (3rd party) to assist )
AP / Advanced Courses
- Founded in 1920, Athol Murray College of Notre Dame is ranked as one of the foremost independent day and boarding schools in Canada with over 18,000 active alumni worldwide.
- Located on 50 acres within the charming, rural Village of Wilcox, Saskatchewan, Canada, Notre Dame College is surrounded by endless skies and expansive fields, with breath-taking sunsets and ocean like wheat fields that only a campus day visit could justify in it's description and beauty.
- Notre Dame College prides itself on providing its students an exceptional academic and boarding experience with a balance of strong academic, athletic and spiritual growth in a safe and caring prairie environment.
- Notre Dame is a co-educational independent boarding school that is home to 300+ students, (grades 9-12), historically representing all Canadian provinces and territories and up to 20 different countries.
- Notre Dame is committed to developing young men and woman to become purposeful leaders with virtuous character.
- At Notre Dame, our academic strength lies in the philosophy that all students benefit from a positive learning environment. It is more than the delivery of the curriculum that is important. Our students excel in an environment that is supportive and demanding, challenging each student to strive for growth and understanding in all academic areas.
- Notre Dame's dress code is mostly casual with days of formal dress required. There are no school uniforms. Students address faculty and staff members by their first name or nicknames.
- A professional, highly educated, dedicated and highly motivated academic faculty provides students with a unique learning experience. The creation of a positive classroom environment where students are challenged to think and speak for themselves contributes to the education of our students.
- Athol Murray College of Notre Dame has many activities and clubs to join including: Arts, Drama, Music, Choral, Multi Media, Outdoor Education, Year Book, Student Representative Council (SRC), Leadership Programs (Works of Mercy, Hounds for Humanity), Public Speaking and more.
- International students have the opportunity to learn English as an additional language (EAL programs), travel across Canada, live in a safe and supportive community, engage in all school programs, meet classmates and develop life long friendships from around the world.
- The challenging, 21st Century academic learning program at Notre Dame is an integral part of the development of the complete Notre Dame Hound. Graduates from Notre Dame are regularly accepted at top universities across Canada, the United States and worldwide.
- 80% of all students are on the Honour Roll with 100% graduation rate.Notre Dame graduates receive more than twice as much in post-secondary scholarships and are 50% more likely to receive a post-secondary scholarship than the average Canadian high school graduate.
- Millions $$ in both academic and athletic scholarships have been awarded to both male and female Notre Dame students.
- The Notre Dame Hounds are known internationally for their athletic achievements.
- All high school sports teams excel at Notre Dame and provide additional post-secondary opportunities with possibilities of athletic scholarships. Notre Dame teams have tallied league and provincial championship titles in football, rugby, lacrosse, wrestling, basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, wrestling, softball, track and field, badminton and golf, with a countless number of athletes advancing to post-secondary, Team Canada and professional ranks.
- Notre Dame College has developed Canada's first Esports Prep program with opportunities to achieve post-secondary scholarships or direct job industry placement.
- The Athol Murray College of Notre Dame hockey program is world renowned and recognized as one of Canada's leading hockey development programs with numerous league, provincial and national championship awards at all levels.
- Notre Dame hosts 12 male and female hockey teams from U15 Prep up to the Jr. A level (SJHL). In 2022, both male and female U18 AAA teams competed at the National Championships for the TELUS and ESSO Cup.Our campus boasts a full-size Olympic ice surface, a state-of-the-art off-ice skills training facility, a high-performance training facility with a certified strength and conditioning coach, athletic therapist, fully equipped gymnasium, university calibre weight room, five residence houses, dining hall, multiple sports fields, laundry facility, Health Care Clinic with full time nursing staff and on-call doctors, Student Activity Centre, mental performance coach and elite coaches with provincial, national, international and professional experience.
- 215+ Notre Dame Hounds have been drafted, played and or coached in the NHL since 2022.
- No other high school in the world has developed more elite, junior, collegiate, USPORT, NCAA, National, Olympic, NHL and professional hockey players then Athol Murray College of Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame`s spiritual development program is rooted in the Catholic tradition and open to students of all faiths and backgrounds. The program of the College is developed according to the teachings, morals and liturgical practice of the Roman Catholic Church. The College maintains an ecumenical outlook and encourages all to seek God, put their faith in Him and live in accordance with their belief.
- Sample of notable school alumni / alumnae;
- Over 215 notable alumni in the NHL some including: Wendell Clark, Russ Courtnall, Curtis Joseph, Vincent Lecavalier, Brad Richards, Braydon Coburn, Jordan Eberle, Tyler Myers, Morgan Reilly, Jaden Schwartz, Hayden Fleury, Sean Couturier, Dillon Dube`, Stefan Matteau, Dryden Hunt, Cale Fleury, Brayden McNabb, Zac Rinaldo, Jordan Weal, Curtis McElhinney, Scott Darling, Slater Koekkoek, Liam O'Brien and many more.
- Athol Murray College of Notre Dame accreditations: Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- o William (Bill) Hunter - Founder of Edmonton Oiler (NHL), Order of Canada member, inducted into the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame and the World Association Hall of Fame
- o Dr Olive Dickason, B.A., M.A., PhD - author, researcher, Canada's leading authority on aboriginal history, Order of Canada Member
- o Dr Ray Rajotte, PhD - key contributor in the development of the Edmonton protocol, a cure for diabetes, Order of Canada Member
- o Gerald Maier, O.C., C.D. - Chairman Emeritus TransCanada Pipelines, Order of Canada Member
- o Rod Brind’Amour - Current coach of Carolina Hurricanes (NHL), Stanley Cup winner, Jack Adams Award winner
- o Hon. Jason Kenney - Premier of Alberta, Canada, Fmr. Member of Parliament, Canada
- o Paul J. Chinook - Award winning film writer, director and actor.
- o Jon Cooper - current Coach of Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL), Stanley Cup Winner
- o Barry Trotz - Former Coach of New York Islanders (NHL), Stanley Cup winner, Jack Adams Award winner
- o ND Alumni in NHL - Wendell Clark, Russ Courtnall, Curtis Joseph, Vincent Lecavalier, Brad Richards, Braydon Coburn, Jordan Eberle, Tyler Myers, Morgan Reilly, Jaden Schwartz, Hayden Fleury, Sean Couturier, Dillon Dube’, Stefan Matteau, Dryden Hunt, Cale Fleury, Brayden McNa