St. Bernard Preparatory School
1600 St. Bernard Drive, S.E.
Cullman, AL 35055
Cullman, AL 35055
Tel: (256) 255-5890
St. Bernard Preparatory School Photo #2 - The Abbey church is located at the center of campus. The location of the church is no accident, as the rich Benedictine tradition, which spans 1500 years, is central to all facets of the St. Bernard experience.
St. Bernard Preparatory School Photo #4 - St. Bernard encourages participation in a variety of extracurricular programs including sports. St. Bernard currently offers 11 varsity sports.
St. Bernard Preparatory School Photo #5 - Over the last 5 years the the graduating classes from St. Bernard have averaged $5.3 million in scholarship offers per 30 students. St. Bernard graduates go on to a wide array of colleges and universities across the country
St. Bernard Preparatory School Photo #6 - High school students are allowed to enjoy lunch outside, weather permitting, and have a large central quad available for visiting with friends
St. Bernard Preparatory School Photo #8 - The majority of students choose to participate in the fine arts offerings at St. Bernard.St Bernard has 3 different bands, 3 choirs, a spring musical and more. Each year the choir preforms a Christmas concert in the Abbey Church.
St. Bernard Preparatory School Photo #9 - Roughly 35% of the student body take advantage of the boarding program available at St. Bernard. A strong residential life team helps guide and support each boarding student as they grow in confidence and learn independence.
- St. Bernard Preparatory School strives to create an environment that encourages student growth in self-discipline, respect for self and others, and mature social interaction.
- The college preparatory curriculum is based on the liberal arts: languages and literature, history, mathematics, science, theology and the arts.
- This program emphasizes the ability to think, to read with understanding, to express oneself with precision and grace, and to solve problems creatively.
- Courses not only provide the transmission and reception of facts, they encourage the development of mental and physical discipline, of breadth and depth of view, of responsible thought and action, and of critical thinking.
- The school motto, Corpus, Mens, Spiritus (Body, Mind, Spirit) indicates the mission of St. Bernard Preparatory: "St. Bernard Preparatory School is committed to fully engaging students in learning for the whole person: body, mind and spirit.
- St. Bernard pursues this mission through the search for truth and the striving for goodness in the classroom, through participation in religious, social and athletic events, and by involvement in mentoring and community service activities.
- Founded and administered by the Benedictine Monks of St. Bernard Abbey, the school stands on 1,500 years of monastic history and experience of the love for learning.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|St. Bernard||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||900 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||215 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1290||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||27||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(* Includes all fees, uniforms excepted.)
|Tuition international students||$42,175||$52,900|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Fr. Linus Klucsarits|
St. Bernard Preparatory School admits students who seek to prepare for college and university studies and who are academically capable of excelling through standard college prep instructional and testing methods. The school endeavors to challenge each student to academic excellence through a rigorous and reasonablecollege preparatory program, including AP courses and dual-enrollment in college courses.
- Over the past 5 years St. Bernard graduating clases have Averaged $5.3 million in scholarship offers per 30 students.
- St. Bernard graduates are accepted to numerous prestigious colleges and universities.
- ACT and SAT scores consistently rank well above the national average.
- Cultural diversity is promoted through our international student population.
- Highly-educated and experienced faculty of Monks and Lay personnel.
- Extensive athletics program as well as a full spectrum of visual and performing arts.
- Safe, secure environment on the picturesque 900 acres of St. Bernard Abbey.
- Located in North Alabama in the quaint community of Cullman (originally founded by German immigrants in 1877),an hour drive north of Birmingham,an hour south of Huntsville, two hours from Nashville, TN,and three hours from Atlanta, GA.
- Residential life that promotes growth, maturity and the self-knowledge that comes through a healthy measure of independence and self-reliance.
- St. Bernard Preparatory School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, The Association of Boarding Schools, Secondary Schools Admissions Test Board
- Submit Review for St. Bernard Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 208 students 589.8 miles1000 Green St.
Atchison, KS 66002
- Grades: 7-12 | 386 students 308.2 miles304 S. Beach Blvd.
Bay St. Louis, MS 39520
Financing a boarding school education can be very confusing for many parents. Here are some strategies to help you understand your options.
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
Sending our children off to boarding school in the fall of 2020 raises questions about their safety and other corona virus issues. We address some of your concerns here.