The King's Academy
The King's Academy 67-acre campus is beautiful and peaceful. Yet, it is convenient to McGhee-Tyson Airport, universities, research hospitals, shopping, outdoor recreation, and various cultural and educational opportunities.
- The King`s Academy is a world-class private Christian boarding school serving students in grades 7-12.
- Day students from the area attend the academy alongside boarding students from throughout the United States and an average of 18 countries each year.
- The King's Academy boasts an rigorous college preparatory academic program, competitive athletics, fantastic fine arts, and various other co-curricular activities.
- In addition, the academy also offers an exemplary English Second Language (ESL) program as well as ACT and SAT preparatory classes.
- In 2015-16, 489 students attended attending the academy, with boarding students making up approximately 23% of the nineth through twelfth grade population.
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Concordia University My 7 years as a dorm student could not have been any better. Being surrounded by people from all over the world, people with different perspectives, life stories, and goals, and being able to live. . .
- Carson-Newman University The King's Academy is a day and boarding school founded in 1884 with an enrollment of 484 students. The school is located on a beautiful campus located in the foothills of the Great Smoky. . .
- Boise State University The living environment at TKA was phenomenal. It was a very family-like environment where everyone cared and looked out for each other. You get to know all of students and faculty members at the academy. . .
Top 10 Placements
Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 10 schools with > 400 students (out of 105 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|The King's Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||67 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||489 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1080||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||23||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or navy pants and polo shirts)
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:12||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||31||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$2 million||$17 million|
(American Tuition Amount Grades 9-12)
(Grades 9-12 = $7970, Grades 6-8 = $7180, Grades K-5 = $6750)
|Tuition international students||$31,875||$47,000|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$3,551||$22,410|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Janice Mink|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||31||16|
|Courses||Advanced Anatomy, Pre-Calculus Honors, Advanced Anatomy - 3 College Credit Hours Possible, Advanced Art I, II, III, IV, Algebra I, II Honors, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History, Biology Honors, Calculus I, II Honors, Chemistry I Honors, Chinese III, IV Honors, Choir Honors, English I, II, III, IV Honors, Geometry Honors, Orchestra Honors, Physics Honors, Spanish III Honors - 6 College Credit Hours Possible, Spanish III, IV Honors, Spanish IV Honors - 6 College Credit Hours Possible|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||15||23|
|Extracurriculars||Chess Club, Choir, Debate Club, Drama Club, High School Government Association, High School Scholar's Bowl, Math Team, Middle School Scholar's Bowl, Middle School Student Government Association, Multi-media Club, National Honor Society, Orchestra, Praise and Worship Team, Scholar's Bowl, Yearbook|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
Students at The King`s Academy excel academically. Here are just a few statistics about TKA:
- Average of over 95% of graduates attend college
- Average GPA for seniors over the last 11 years is 3.39
- Average of 57% of seniors over the last 9 years have received college scholarships
- TKA has served students from over 100 countries
- Each year, students representing an average of 17 countries attend TKA The King`s Academy resident life program is about family and community. Close friendships that students develop often last a lifetime. TKA has a healthy resident life community led by dorm directors and staff who create a safe, supportive, compassionate, and respectful family environment.The King's Academy's beautiful 67-acre campus is located in the southeastern region of the United States in Seymour, TN. Nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, the campus consists of 9 stately buildings, swimming pool, tennis courts, football field, baseball field, softball field, five homes and two apartments. The academy is conveniently located 20 minutes from Knoxville's McGhee Tyson Airport and 12 miles from downtown Knoxville, a major city. The King's Academy is commited to empowering students to reach their greatest potential academically, spiritually, physically, mentally, and socially for the cause of Christ. Visit our website www.thekingsacademy.net to learn more about the academy. Consider your options... consider The King's Academy.
- LD types supported: NILD Program
- School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Southern Association of Colleges & Schools AdvancEd (Accreditation), The Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (Member) Association of Christian Schools International (Member)
- Submit Review for The King's Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12| 435 students 334.3 miles60 Knox Lane
Wheeling, WV 26003
September 28, 2017
Use a spreadsheet to develop your initial list of schools. Here's how.
September 28, 2017
Finding the right boarding school for your child is one of the most important and expensive decisions you will ever make.
September 05, 2017
Generous financial aid and a commitment to diversity are hallmarks of the 21st century release of St. Grottlesex. More here.