Merrick Preparatory School
118 Main Street East, Merrickville, Ontario, Merrickville K0G1N, Canada
- Merrick Preparatory School's mission is to engage students in a dynamic learning environment and to inspire them to become intellectually vibrant, compassionate and responsible and globally-minded citizens.
- Merrick Preparatory School is a leading boarding and day school school in Canada for boys and girls offering academic grades 9-12, and a University Qualification Year.
- Merrick Preparatory School`s small class size, averaging 10 students, our additional hours of study and our highly skilled teachers create an environment that allows students to succeed. Students thrive academically due to the structure and support our teachers provide in our small school environment.
- We have a university placement rate of 100%. We recreate the comforts of home with our above industry standard dorm rooms featuring 2 queen sized beds and a 4 piece washroom.
- Our gorgeous campus is located in an ideal small town setting in the middle of three of Canada`s most vibrant cities, Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto. Our graduates receive offers of admission to the global top 50 ranked universities in the Canada, the U.K., and the U.S.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Merrick Preparatory School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12, PG|
|Campus Size||6 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(school cardigan, tie and black pants)
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
(tuition, full boarding and medical insurance )
(tuition, food (breakfast and lunch from Monday to Friday only), school tie and 5-day academic trip included)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Kevin Farrell|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Dance, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Kayaking, Soccer, Softball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||12 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Engineering Club, Matheletes, Yearbook Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Road Hockey, Slack Line, Soccer, Swimming, Walking/Hiking, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- *100% acceptance rate to world-class post-secondary institutions
- *140-145 instructional hours per credit course
- English-only environment and ESL support *3 hours of IELTS preparation or OSSLT (Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test) preparation per week
- Above industry-standard accommodations; Your student will have a queen or double-sized bed, 4-piece ensuite bathroom, a desk, drawers and only ONE roommate!
- Academic advisor to support your studies and university applications *Co-curricular and recreational sports
- Multicultural environment; We have students from China, Nigeria, Oman, Mexico, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Russia, Korea, Kuwait, UAE, Japan, USA and Canada
- Safe and family-like environment; your child will develop strong and personal relationships with classmates, teachers and the community of Merrickville
- Merrick Preparatory School accreditations: Ontario Federation of Independent Schools(OFIS)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Merrick Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12 | 263 students 196.9 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.