- Middlebridge School is a coeducational, boarding and day high school program for students ages 13-19 with learning differences.
- Our students are intelligent and curious learners who demonstrate an eagerness to embrace the learning environment.
- Traditionally, the Middlebridge student presents with difficulties in reading fluency or comprehension, written expression, processing speed or working memory, receptive/expressive language, attention and/or executive dysfunction.
- Our individualized academic program includes daily 1:1 language tutorials and daily academic Social Pragmatics classes.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Middlebridge School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||78 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||23||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||6 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:2||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$69,000||$48,100|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Shannon Leventhal|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Heather Jensen|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||15|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Tennis, Track, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Creative Writing Club, Digital Art, Horseback Riding, Newspaper, Rocket Building/Technology
Arts and Music Programs:
Photography, Rock Band, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
YMCA Personal Fitness
|Year: 2008 - 2010||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Johnson and Wales||1|
|University of Arizona-SALT Program||1|
|University of Cincinnati||1|
|University of Southern California: Monterey||1|
|Western New England College||1|
- Middlebridge School`s academic curriculum is approved by the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The academic program consists of instruction in English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Art/Humanities, Technology, and Wellness.
- Classes are highly interactive and promote student curiosity while presenting information through a variety of approaches and modalities. The academic program is success-oriented, which drives the selection of materials, the pace of progress through curriculum, designation of assignments and assessments, and the interactions between teachers and students.
- Students attend a proctored study hall Monday-Thursday. Study hall allows students the opportunity to work independently and practice concepts and lessons learned that day. Our academic staff serve as proctors for study halls and are available to answer questions, address student concerns, provide additional resources, and to positively reinforce students as they work through individual assignments.
- THE MIDDLEBRIDGE DIFFERENCE: Our academic day includes daily one-to-one tutorials designed to target written expression, comprehension, and language remediation skills. Daily social pragmatic classes allow students the opportunity to focus on their potential for social and emotional growth, independent living, and career exploration.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, NLD, Executive Functioning, Receptive/Expressive Language, ADD, ADHD, Written Expression, Dysgraphia, Auditory Processing Disorder
- School accreditations: Rhode Island Dept. of Education, SEVP, NEASC Approved
- Submit Review for Middlebridge School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12, PG | 146 students 96.4 miles541 Long Beach Road
Saint James, NY 11780
August 02, 2018
Explore the different types of boarding school options in the US. Find which type of boarding school is most appropriate for you.
July 18, 2018
It makes sense to cast your net widely when looking at boarding schools. Here's why.
July 04, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.