Middlebridge School Photo #6 - MBS Surf Club! The MBS Owls take advantage of Narragansett Bay waves in the fall and spring (and sometimes in the winter!)
Middlebridge School Photo #9 - Education takes place beyond the four walls of the classroom: MBS students working with Save the Bay.
- Middlebridge School is a coeducational, boarding and day high school program for students ages 13-19 with learning differences.
- Our students are intelligent and curious learners who demonstrate an eagerness to embrace the learning environment.
- Traditionally, the Middlebridge student presents with difficulties in reading fluency or comprehension, written expression, processing speed or working memory, receptive/expressive language, attention and/or executive dysfunction.
- Our individualized academic program includes daily 1:1 language tutorials and daily academic Social Pragmatics classes.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Middlebridge School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||75 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||23||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||6 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1||7:1|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$94,900||$53,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Shannon Leventhal|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Katherine Hollander|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Tennis, Track, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Break dance Club, Club Bike, Healthy Living, Math Lovers, The D.A. Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drum Line, Southwestern Ambassadors, Southwestern Environmental Associates
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Choate Chinese Teaching Program
|Year: 2008 - 2010||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Denver||7|
|New England Institute of Technology||4|
|Roger Williams University||2|
|University of Rhode Island||2|
- Middlebridge School`s academic curriculum is approved by the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The academic program consists of instruction in English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Art/Humanities, Technology, and Wellness.
- Classes are highly interactive and promote student curiosity while presenting information through a variety of approaches and modalities. The academic program is success-oriented, which drives the selection of materials, the pace of progress through curriculum, designation of assignments and assessments, and the interactions between teachers and students.
- Students attend a proctored study hall Monday-Thursday. Study hall allows students the opportunity to work independently and practice concepts and lessons learned that day. Our academic staff serve as proctors for study halls and are available to answer questions, address student concerns, provide additional resources, and to positively reinforce students as they work through individual assignments.
- THE MIDDLEBRIDGE DIFFERENCE: Our academic day includes daily one-to-one tutorials designed to target written expression, comprehension, and language remediation skills. Daily social pragmatic classes allow students the opportunity to focus on their potential for social and emotional growth, independent living, and career exploration.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, NLD, Executive Functioning, Receptive/Expressive Language, ADD, ADHD, Written Expression, Dysgraphia, Auditory Processing Disorder
- Middlebridge School accreditations: Rhode Island Dept. of Education, SEVP, NEASC Approved
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Middlebridge School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12, PG | 163 students 96.4 miles541 Long Beach Road
Saint James, NY 11780
(631) 686-160096.46-12, PG163
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
A boarding school is a business. Is your business on brand?