- Grades: (Boarding) 7-12, PG
- Enrollment: 1,250 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $52,925
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $19,400
- Acceptance rate: 58%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: Nov. 30 / Jan. 31 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
MVA polo with khaki or black bottoms. Wednesday is a formal dress day with a button down, grey dress pants, and sweater
(Includes textbooks, iPad, medical insurance, meals)
(Includes textbooks, iPad, and lunch)
AP / Advanced Courses
Academic Team, Art Honor Society, Boys and Girls Club, Chess Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Chinese National Honor Society, Computer Club, Crafts Club, Creative Writing Club, Cum Laude Society, Eagle Ambassidors, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Foreign Literature Club, French Club, French Honor Society, Girls 4 Girls, Hiking/Backpacking, Honor Council, International Thespians, Leadership Club, National Math Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, P.E.P., Peer Helpers, Pottery Club, Prefects, Programming Team, Psychology Club, Quill and Scroll, Recycling, Robotics Club, Silver Rifles, Spanish Club, Student Disciplinary Committee, Sustainability Club, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Tutoring Club, Writing Center
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Club, Gender Equity Club, Theater Conservatory
- Montverde Academy, founded in 1912, is an esteemed college preparatory school, offering day students in grades Pre-K3 through 12, and boarding school in grades 7-postgraduate studies an exceptional academic journey on their path to higher learning. Montverde Academy`s beautiful, the state-of-the-art collegiate campus is just 25 minutes from Orlando. Highly motivated students are attracted to Montverde Academy for our demanding academics and stellar athletic and fine arts programs. Montverde Academy has 33 Advanced Placement courses, over 13 honor courses, and nine different honor societies. We partner with several colleges and universities allowing students access to special programs such as the Health Sciences Collegiate Academy. One hundred percent of Montverde Academy graduates are accepted into four-year universities. Our students matriculate to elite colleges and universities across the country and the world. We believe that these relationships create a culture where young people can pursue their passions with a goal of excellence, whether it is in academics, athletics, or the arts. Students engage in a rigorous but flexible curriculum that includes more than thirty Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Over 50 of our students are recognized each year by the College Board as Advanced Placement Scholars for their high performance on the exams associated with these courses, and our students` performance on AP exams consistently exceeds the state and global average - in 2016, our students` qualifying percentage was 80%, compared to 54 percent at the state level and 60 percent globally. Required involvement with fine arts, athletics, clubs, and service organizations allow students to become positive contributors to the school and community. The educational experience provided by Montverde Academy creates opportunities for lifelong learning and global leadership.
- Montverde Academy accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS), Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC), Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- D'Angelo Russell '14 - Drafted into the NBA and currently plays for the Brooklyn Nets.
- Ben Simmons '15 - Drafted into the NBA and currently plays for the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Luc Mbah a Moute '05 - Drafted into the NBA and currently plays for the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Francisco Lindor '11 - Drafted into the MLB, Top 10, and currently plays for the Cleveland Indians
- Diego Campos '14 - Drafted into the MLS and currently plays for the Chicago Fire.
- Matheus Silva '15 - Was drafted into the United Soccer League and plays for the Swope Park Rangers. At age 18, he was the youngest international signing in franchise history.
- Ingrid Hoffman '83 - TV Personality Simply Delicioso
- Shea Holbrook '08 - Race Car Driver (Perelli World Circuit)
- Charles Grier '48 - Was VP for Dr. Pepper bottling and at one point was one of two people who knew the recipe.
- Devon Wright '98 - Freelance Producer and has worked on promos for Monday Night Football and various TV networks, music videos for The Weekend
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Montverde Academy cost?
Montverde Academy's tuition is approximately $52,925 for boarding students and $19,400 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Montverde Academy?
The acceptance rate of Montverde Academy is 58%, which is equal to the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Montverde Academy?
Montverde Academy famous alumni include: D'Angelo Russell '14, Ben Simmons '15, Luc Mbah a Moute '05, Francisco Lindor '11, Diego Campos '14, Matheus Silva '15, Ingrid Hoffman '83, Shea Holbrook '08, Charles Grier '48 and Devon Wright '98.
What sports does Montverde Academy offer?
Montverde Academy offers 15 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Riding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is Montverde Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Montverde Academy?
The application deadline for Montverde Academy is Nov. 30 / Jan. 31 / rolling (applications are due on Nov. 30 / Jan. 31 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2015
University of Illinois at Chicago