Montverde Academy Photo #2 - At the heart of the Montverde Academy experience is an engaging and challenging academic environment that gives students the desire and skills to achieve at the highest levels. Outside of the classroom, students develop their talents and abilities through involvement in fine arts, athletics, school clubs, and service organizations.With its cultural diversity, we draw students from around the world.
Montverde Academy Photo #3 - We offer Advanced Diploma Programs including the The Advanced Placement International Diploma (APID). Montverde Academy also offers The Study Area Concentration (SAC) diploma. This program has been developed for the student who has already identified a concentrated study area of interest that could lead to determining their major field of study in college or future career path.
Montverde Academy Photo #4 - Montverde has a dynamic theatre program that ranges from our youngest students in the lower school to our seniors in the upper school. With two full time theatre teachers serving this community, Montverde is able to produce over 20 main stage comedies, dramas, and musicals each year!
Montverde Academy Photo #5 - Our Media Arts Program offers young creative minds the opportunity to explore film and video production, video journalism, and broadcast journalism with a diverse offering of classes. Innovative facilities engage students in a technology-rich environment with the latest software and professional HD broadcast television studio. The faculty is comprised of former and current industry professionals who educate and inspire.
Montverde Academy Photo #6 - Montverde has a diverse and dynamic Fine Arts program including vocal music, theatre, band, orchestra, piano, crafts, ceramics, two-dimensional art, sculpture and photography. We offer five AP level fine arts classes and have a strong record of sending students to some of the top fine and performing arts college programs in America including Berklee College of Music and Columbia.
Montverde Academy Photo #7 - Montverde Academy is a wonderful place to live. Our boarding program provides a comfortable, secure, and caring environment where every student is part of the Montverde community. With our convenient central Florida locations, students have access to a wealth of activities including theme parks, shopping malls, entertainment centers and professional sporting events.
Montverde Academy Photo #8 - Choosing the right independent school is a decision that should be made with ample information and deliberation. For these reasons, we encourage you to fully explore our web site at www.montverde, and contact us with any and all questions. Experience the Montverde Difference Today!
Montverde Academy Photo #9 - The Academy educates over 1,200 students from 13 states across America and 90 countries. Our 125-acre campus includes an athletic complex featuring a 400-meter running track, soccer, baseball, softball, training fields and four tennis courts. The media arts facility contains an an instrumental music hall, private rehearsal rooms, computer laboratory, and a television broadcast and recording studio.
Montverde Academy Photo #10 - The Academy offers a strong, competitive athletic program with 22 teams and belongs to the Florida High School Activities Association (FHSAA). Academy athletes are able to utilize a 15-acre athletic field that includes a 400 meter running track, soccer field, baseball diamond, and four tennis courts as well as a innovative athletic complex, equestrian center, and brand new aquatic center.
- Montverde Academy is an international, coeducational, independent college prep school for grades PK3-12, with a boarding program serving grades 7-12, and post-graduate studies.
- Our mission is to inspire students to become knowledgeable leaders with global vision that instills a passion for learning. One hundred percent of our graduates have been accepted to colleges and universities around the world including Yale, Harvard, Rice, Boston College, UC Berkeley, Amherst and Princeton.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- University of Illinois at Chicago Situated in a small town just outside of Orlando, Montverde is home to an athletic training Mecca, developing the world's best athletes. Additionally, it facilitates a quality academic and social environment to go along with. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Montverde Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12, PG||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||125 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||1300 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1290||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(MVA polo with khaki or black bottoms. Wednesday is a formal dress day with a button down, grey dress pants, and sweater)
|Average Class Size||20 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:20||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||33||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$10 million||$20 million|
(Includes textbooks, iPad, medical insurance, meals)
(Includes textbooks, iPad, and lunch)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Nov. 30 / Jan. 31 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Ann Mills|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||33||18|
|Courses||AP Studio Art/Drawing, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Comparative Government and Politics, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Government and Politics: Comparative, AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics , AP Music Theory, AP Physics 1: Algebra-based, AP Physics 2: Algebra-based, AP Physics C: Electricity and Mechanics, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Psychology , AP Research , AP Seminar, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art/2-D, AP Studio Art/3-D, AP U.S. Government and Politics, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Riding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||42||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Art Honor Society, Boys and Girls Club, Chess Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Chinese National Honor Society, Computer Club, Crafts Club, Creative Writing Club, Cum Laude Society, Eagle Ambassidors, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Foreign Literature Club, French Club, French Honor Society, Girls 4 Girls, Hiking/Backpacking, Honor Council, International Thespians, Leadership Club, National Math Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, P.E.P., Peer Helpers, Pottery Club, Prefects, Programming Team, Psychology Club, Quill and Scroll, Recycling, Robotics Club, Silver Rifles, Spanish Club, Student Disciplinary Committee, Sustainability Club, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Tutoring Club, Writing Center
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Club, Gender Equity Club, Theater Conservatory
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Montverde Academy, founded in 1912, is an esteemed college preparatory school, offering day students in grades Pre-K3 through 12, and boarding school in grades 7-postgraduate studies an exceptional academic journey on their path to higher learning. Montverde Academy`s beautiful, the state-of-the-art collegiate campus is just 25 minutes from Orlando. Highly motivated students are attracted to Montverde Academy for our demanding academics and stellar athletic and fine arts programs. Montverde Academy has 33 Advanced Placement courses, over 13 honor courses, and nine different honor societies. We partner with several colleges and universities allowing students access to special programs such as the Health Sciences Collegiate Academy. One hundred percent of Montverde Academy graduates are accepted into four-year universities. Our students matriculate to elite colleges and universities across the country and the world. We believe that these relationships create a culture where young people can pursue their passions with a goal of excellence, whether it is in academics, athletics, or the arts. Students engage in a rigorous but flexible curriculum that includes more than thirty Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Over 50 of our students are recognized each year by the College Board as Advanced Placement Scholars for their high performance on the exams associated with these courses, and our students` performance on AP exams consistently exceeds the state and global average - in 2016, our students` qualifying percentage was 80%, compared to 54 percent at the state level and 60 percent globally. Required involvement with fine arts, athletics, clubs, and service organizations allow students to become positive contributors to the school and community. The educational experience provided by Montverde Academy creates opportunities for lifelong learning and global leadership.
- Montverde Academy accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS), Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC), Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- D'Angelo Russell '14 - Drafted into the NBA and currently plays for the Brooklyn Nets.
- Ben Simmons '15 - Drafted into the NBA and currently plays for the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Luc Mbah a Moute '05 - Drafted into the NBA and currently plays for the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Francisco Lindor '11 - Drafted into the MLB, Top 10, and currently plays for the Cleveland Indians
- Diego Campos '14 - Drafted into the MLS and currently plays for the Chicago Fire.
- Matheus Silva '15 - Was drafted into the United Soccer League and plays for the Swope Park Rangers. At age 18, he was the youngest international signing in franchise history.
- Ingrid Hoffman '83 - TV Personality Simply Delicioso
- Shea Holbrook '08 - Race Car Driver (Perelli World Circuit)
- Charles Grier '48 - Was VP for Dr. Pepper bottling and at one point was one of two people who knew the recipe.
- Devon Wright '98 - Freelance Producer and has worked on promos for Monday Night Football and various TV networks, music videos for The Weekend
- Submit Review for Montverde Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1700 students 113.8 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.