Riverstone International School
5521 East Warm Springs Avenue
Boise, ID 83716
Boise, ID 83716
Tel: (208) 424-5000
Riverstone International School Photo #2 - Riverstone students thrive because of small classes, personal attention, and challenging opportunities. Our student to teacher ratio is 7:1. Our faculty serve as mentors for clubs and lead our outdoor trips, forming strong bonds with students that are highlights of a student's time at Riverstone.
Riverstone International School Photo #3 - Academic excellence focuses on ensuring academic and personal growth for every student. Our classroom curriculum is based on the International Baccalaureate (IB) World Programmes, an internationally-recognized education that challenges students both academically and personally.
Riverstone International School Photo #4 - Not all classrooms have walls! Backpacking, canoeing, rock climbing and winter camping help students develop environment skills and strong connections with faculty.
Riverstone International School Photo #5 - Extending fun and learning beyond the school day. High School students participate in our athletic teams, musical ensembles, robotics team, yearbook club, Model UN team, and more.
Riverstone International School Photo #6 - Riverstone House, steps away from downtown Boise, is the home-away-from-home for our boarding community. With only 30 students maximum, our students and staff become family.
Riverstone International School Photo #7 - Study, relax and connect with friends in our light-filled dormitory for 30 students. Double occupancy rooms, fully secure building, family-style dining, transport to and from school, and dorm staff to help at all times.
Riverstone International School Photo #8 - Recognized as one of the U.S. most livable cities, Boise, Idaho is the third largest city in the Pacific Northwest. The cultural vibe is relaxed and welcoming, making Boise a perfect place for boarding students who want to feel part of a larger community.
Riverstone International School Photo #9 - A tradition of stellar college placement! At Riverstone International School, we take great pride in preparing students for success in college and university - and for life beyond their academic careers. One-hundred percent of Riverstone graduates have been accepted into four-year colleges and universities.
With 370 students enrolled from preschool through high school, 45 countries are represented in the school`s community.
A maximum of 30 students from the U.S. and around the world in grades 9-12 are enrolled in the school`s boutique boarding program.
The school`s Five Pillars--Academic Excellence, Community and Service, Leadership by Example, International Understanding and Outdoor Education--provide pathways for students to explore academically and personally. Small classes and strong relationships with teachers facilitate a highly personalized educational experience for students.
One hundred percent of graduates are accepted into 4-year colleges worldwide. Alumni credit their connections to teachers, friendships with classmates from around the world, the global context of the IB curriculum, and outdoor experiences as having the biggest impact on their future success.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Riverstone||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||14 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||365 students||302 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1306||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||31||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||20 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||7:1|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||60||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$4 million||$24 million|
(Please see this link for additional information by grade level: https://www.riverstoneschool.org/admissions/tuition-fees/)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Rachel Pusch|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country Running, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming and Diving, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Athletic Leadership, Green Team, Language Clubs, Math Club, Model United Nations, Outdoor Leadership, Programming Club, Robotics Team, SAGA: Sexual and Gender Alliance, Science Bowl, Social Change Leadership, Student Council, Veggie Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Musical Ensemble Groups
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Climbing Club, Kayaking Club, Mountain Biking Club
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Our boutique boarding program provides a family-like experience for a maximum of 30 students from the U.S. and around the world. Our downtown Boise dormitory location gives students the opportunity to experience the Pacific Northwest culture and connect with the greater Boise community.
- International Baccalaureate experts: Riverstone is one of four IB continuum schools offering a boarding program. Teachers provide guidance and encouragement to students, and Riverstone's three year average IB diploma program pass rate exceeds the global average. In 2020, 100% of Riverstone diploma candidate students were awarded the IB diploma.
- Outdoor education: Students explore Idaho and Oregon's mountains and rivers with classmates and teachers.
- Located in the Pacific Northwest, Boise, Idaho is one of the most liveable and safe cities in the U.S. Our recently-built dormitory is located in downtown Boise, the third most populous city in the Pacific Northwest, with easy access to skiing, kayaking, and mountain biking. Our four-season climate and safe city provide opportunities for students to recreate, shop, and explore all that our beautiful city and state have to offer.
- The school offers concierge college counseling and more than 30 athletic, musical, and academic extracurricular activities.
- Riverstone International School accreditations: International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), NWAIS, AdvancEd
Profile last updated: 11/12/2020
- Submit Review for Riverstone International School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 659.1 miles41 W Santa Clara St.
Arcadia, CA 91007
The pandemic has upended our lives in ways we never imagined. Heads of school also have been impacted as they try to plan for the future. Concerns about enrolment, community safety, and the school's finances are just a few of their worries.
Generous financial aid and a commitment to diversity are hallmarks of the 21st century release of St. Grottlesex. More here.
You've tried everything but still your child has serious issues. Perhaps it's time to think about sending him to a residential therapeutic school.