Riverstone International School
5521 East Warm Springs Avenue
Boise, ID 83716
Boise, ID 83716
Riverstone International School Photo #2 - Not all classrooms have walls! By the time they enter Grade 10, Riverstone students have built a solid foundation of outdoor and interpersonal skills. During their High School years, we build upon that foundation as we challenge students to shoulder new responsibilities in increasingly demanding, but rewarding situations.
Riverstone International School Photo #3 - Academic excellence focuses on ensuring academic and personal growth for every student. Our classroom curriculum is based on philosophy of the International Baccalaureate (IB) World Programmes, an internationally-recognized education that challenges students both academically and personally.
Riverstone International School Photo #4 - Riverstone students thrive because of small classes, personal attention, and challenging opportunities.Riverstone International School is a private, independent school for students in preschool through high school. Small classes, personal attention, and challenging opportunities inside and outside of the classroom ensure that students develop both academically and personally.
Riverstone International School Photo #5 - We believe that clear expectations and accountability are integral elements to personal responsibility and the well-being of our communityAt Riverstone International School, students and staff are expected to adhere to our Guiding Principles in their daily actions: I will seek understanding; I will respect myself and others, and I will take action to contribute to my community.
Riverstone International School Photo #6 - Extending fun and learning beyond the school day.In the High School at Riverstone, students often participate in extracurricular activities before and after school. We offer four activity sessions throughout the school year. While some activities are offered only during a specific session, others may extend over several sessions.
Riverstone International School Photo #7 - A tradition of stellar college placement!At Riverstone International School, we take great pride in preparing students for success in college and university - and for life beyond their academic careers. We`re proud to report that one-hundred percent of Riverstone graduates have been accepted into four-year colleges and universities.
- Riverstone International School is a co-educational, private, independent school in Boise, Idaho offering our day and residential students the academic prestige of the International Baccalaureate Programs and the personal attention of a supportive community school.
- Engaging classroom discussions continue when students explore Idaho`s mountains and deserts with classmates and teachers.
- We offer concierge college counseling and athletic, musical, and academic extracurricular activities.Our newly-built residential facility is located in downtown Boise, the third most populous city in the US Pacific Northwest, with easy access to skiing, kayaking, and mountain biking.
- One hundred percent of graduates are accepted into 4-year colleges.
Upcoming Events and News
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Riverstone||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||7-12|
|Campus Size||14 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||365 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1292||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||31||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||20 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||60||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$4 million||$20 million|
(Please see this link for additional information by grade level: https://www.riverstoneschool.org/admissions/tuition-fees/)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Rachel Pusch|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country Running, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming and Diving, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Athletic Leadership, Green Team, Language Clubs, Math Club, Model United Nations, Outdoor Leadership, Programming Club, Robotics Team, SAGA: Sexual and Gender Alliance, Science Bowl, Social Change Leadership, Student Council, Veggie Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Musical Ensemble Groups
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Climbing Club, Kayaking Club, Mountain Biking Club
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Riverstone International School is a co-educational, private, independent school in Boise, Idaho offering day and residential students the academic prestige of the International Baccalaureate Programs and the personal attention of a supportive community school. Engaging classroom discussions continue when students explore Idaho`s mountains and deserts with classmates and teachers. We offer concierge college counseling and athletic, musical, and academic extracurricular activities.Small classes and strong relationships with teachers form the backbone of the Riverstone experience. Our students develop the mindset to confidently share their perspective, think critically, creatively solve problems, and collaborate. One hundred percent of graduates are accepted into 4-year colleges worldwide.With a maximum capacity of 32 students, our residential program is small and intimate and provides wonderful opportunities to make lifelong friendships. Our newly-built dormitory is located in downtown Boise, the third most populous city in the Pacific Northwest, with easy access to skiing, kayaking, and mountain biking. Our four-season climate and safe city provide opportunities for students to recreate, shop, and explore all that our beautiful city and state has to offer. Shopping, music performances, movies, hiking, exploring the city`s foothills and rivers are just a few of the weekend activities that residential students will enjoy.
- Riverstone International School accreditations: International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), NWAIS, AdvancEd
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Riverstone International School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.