Riverstone International School
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 425 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $51,500
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $20,325
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- RIVERSTONE STUDENTS RECEIVE OUTSTANDING RESULTS ON MAP TESTS - 06/29/2022Riverstone International School received outstanding results on the Measure of Academic Performance (MAP) tests, which concluded this past month. Grades 6-10 took their Math and Language MAP test in the fall and again in the spring to compare their progress over this past school year. These results show that our Grade 6 students outperformed students nationally in grades 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. (see graph in link).
- RIVERSTONE RANKED AMONG TOP 1% IN NATION AS “MOST CHALLENGING HIGH SCHOOLS - 06/29/2022We are thrilled to announce that Riverstone International School has-once again-made the Washington Post`s prestigious list of "America`s Most Challenging High Schools." This year`s ranking places Riverstone at #67, landing the school in the top 1% in the nation and taking top ranking honors in Idaho for both public and private schools. Riverstone was previously ranked #170 in 2019 when the Jay Mathews Challenge Index was last updated.
Academics and Faculty
(Please see this link for additional information by grade level: www.riverstoneschool.org)
AP / Advanced Courses
Athletic Leadership, Green Team, Language Clubs, Math Club, Model United Nations, Outdoor Leadership, Programming Club, Robotics Team, SAGA: Sexual and Gender Alliance, Science Bowl, Social Change Leadership, Student Council, Veggie Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Musical Ensemble Groups
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Climbing Club, Kayaking Club, Mountain Biking Club
- Our boutique boarding program provides a family-like experience for a maximum of 32 students from the U.S. and around the world. Our downtown Boise dormitory location gives students the opportunity to experience the Pacific Northwest culture and connect with the greater Boise community.
- International Baccalaureate experts: Riverstone is one of four IB continuum schools offering a boarding program. Teachers provide guidance and encouragement to students, and Riverstone's three year average IB diploma program pass rate exceeds the global average. In 2020, 100% of Riverstone diploma candidate students were awarded the IB diploma.
- Outdoor education: Students explore Idaho and Oregon's mountains and rivers with classmates and teachers.
- Located in the Pacific Northwest, Boise, Idaho is one of the most liveable and safe cities in the U.S. Our recently-built dormitory is located in downtown Boise, the third most populous city in the Pacific Northwest, with easy access to skiing, kayaking, and mountain biking. Our four-season climate and safe city provide opportunities for students to recreate, shop, and explore all that our beautiful city and state have to offer.
- The school offers concierge college counseling and more than 30 athletic, musical, and academic extracurricular activities.
- Riverstone International School accreditations: International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), NWAIS, AdvancEd
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Riverstone International School cost?
Riverstone International School's tuition is approximately $51,500 for boarding students and $20,325 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Riverstone International School?
The acceptance rate of Riverstone International School is 80%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
What sports does Riverstone International School offer?
Riverstone International School offers 9 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country Running, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Riverstone International School?
The application deadline for Riverstone International School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).