- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 435 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $56,900
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $38,100
- Acceptance rate: 30%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 9 / Jul. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(There are additional fees for summer term boarding.)
- From our campus to the wilderness, we inspire students to think critically, engage confidently, embrace challenges, and lead impactful, purposeful lives.
- Sun Valley Community School is made up of a community of curious minds, adventurous spirits, compassionate hearts, and critical thinkers who engage in learning and connect with one another in the thriving mountain community of Sun Valley, Idaho. Surrounded by six mountain chains in the heart of Idaho, Sun Valley Community School offers students the chance for an excellent academic education, combined with unrivaled outdoor and wilderness experiences.
- Sun Valley Community School students come to know themselves and one another on campus and in the wilderness, finding joy and growth through academic challenge, outdoor experiences, artistic endeavors, and athletic passions.
- We find students who thrive at Community School are independent, prefer a small, close-knit environment, have a love for the outdoors, and value their role and voice in the classroom. Our boarding program has a family feel with just 36 students who are excited about living in our cosmopolitan mountain town.
- While we have established ourselves as a school that serves winter-sport athletes through the Sun Valley Ski Academy, we also have an incredible Outdoor Program, Outdoor Leadership Academy, and Creative Arts Academy. Upper School students spend 18 days per year on average in the field, all over the Western Region, with our renowned Outdoor Program.
- We encourage you to watch the Discover Sun Valley Community School video to learn more about our school and the Sun Valley Ski Academy video to learn more about the exceptional education and opportunities we offer for winter sport athletes.
- Sun Valley Community School accreditations: TABS, NWAIS, NAIS