Most AP/Advanced Courses Offered
- Among "All-Girls Schools", view the boarding schools with the most AP/advanced courses offered (2020).
- For several reasons (listed below), these comparisons are intended only as informal reference points for evaluating the amount of advanced courses available at each school.
- Schools may prefer to offer their own high level classes in place of the AP curriculum (i.e., schools may find that some subjects are better taught with their own curriculum).
- Read more about why some prep schools choose not to offer AP classes.
- These advanced courses are counted the same as an AP designated course.
- Availability of AP or advanced courses may change depending on student interest in given year - alternatively, many schools allow students to prepare for an AP without offering the course through self-designed independent study.
- As a result, small statistical differences between schools are generally not meaningful in determining whether a school offers more opportunities for advanced study.
Chatham Hall Photo - Whether you ve been riding your whole life or have always wanted to you can find a place in our program. The Chatham Hall campus is home to more than 30 horses, three teaching arenas, a permanent Hunter Trials course, and plenty of trails. We teach hunt seat the Modern Forward Riding System with an emphasis on horse and rider
The Madeira School Photo - Madeira's 376-acre campus in McLean, Virginia, overlooks the Potomac River from a perch just 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.
Saint Mary's School Photo - Saint Mary's School, established in 1842, is an independent, Episcopal, college-preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades 9-12 in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is the fourth oldest girls' boarding/day school in the United States.
Buffalo Seminary Photo - Our one-to-one tablet computer program gives each girl instant access to a wealth of information.
Dana Hall School Photo - Experimentation. Exploration. Creativity. Dana Hall`s visual artists are sensitive observers of themselves and the world around them.
Garrison Forest School Photo - View of Shriver Hall, which houses the health suite and dorm rooms for boarders.
Oldfields School Photo - Our renowned equestrian program takes learning out of the classroom and into the barn.
Miss Hall's School Photo - "The best thing about MHS is how friendly everyone is and how easy it is to become part of the community. I had an abundance of new friends on the first day of orientation, and I had bonded with my teachers by the end of the first week of classes." - Current Student
St. Margaret's School Photo - BELIEVE IN SOMETHING GREATER. * What kind of person will you be? Honest? Trustworthy? Responsible? * Our honor code inspires a culture of honesty and promotes trust in one another. * We have confidence that you will do the right thing, even when no one is watching. * We believe in you.
Most AP/Advanced Courses Offered (2020)
Among All-Girls Schools (out of 19 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School # AP Courses Grades Location
- 7.-10.Rank: #7-1018-20
900 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
- 11.-13.Rank: #11-13 16-18
Grades: 9-12, PG
205 Bidwell Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14222
- 14.Rank: #14 14-16
Grades: 8-12 | Pre-K-12 (day)
300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
- 15.-16.Rank: #15-16 12-14
Grades: 9-12, PG | 6-12, PG (day)
230 Bushy Hill Road
Simsbury, CT 06070
- 19.Rank: #19 <5
54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
Top School Listings by Category (2020)
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.