Most AP/Advanced Courses Offered
- Among "All-Girls Schools", view the boarding schools with the most AP/advanced courses offered (2020-21).
- For several reasons (listed below), these comparisons are intended only as informal reference points for evaluating the amount of advanced courses available at each school.
- Schools may prefer to offer their own high level classes in place of the AP curriculum (i.e., schools may find that some subjects are better taught with their own curriculum).
- Read more about why some prep schools choose not to offer AP classes.
- These advanced courses are counted the same as an AP designated course.
- Availability of AP or advanced courses may change depending on student interest in given year - alternatively, many schools allow students to prepare for an AP without offering the course through self-designed independent study.
- As a result, small statistical differences between schools are generally not meaningful in determining whether a school offers more opportunities for advanced study.
Chatham Hall Photo - Our traditions are a vital force: They bridge the generations, bond students, and help us continually build our community. Best of all, they're a lot of fun (and they help make Chatham Hall the unique place it is).
Saint Mary's School Photo - Saint Mary's School, established in 1842, is an independent, Episcopal, college-preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades 9-12 in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is the fourth oldest girls' boarding/day school in the United States.
The Madeira School Photo - Madeira's 376-acre campus in McLean, Virginia, overlooks the Potomac River from a perch just 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.
Buffalo Seminary Photo - SEM is located in the heart of the historic Elmwood Village neighborhood of Buffalo, NY, just steps from cafes, shops and art galleries. As an urban boarding school, SEM students enjoy the culture, entertainment and shopping that only a city can offer.
Dana Hall School Photo - Experimentation. Exploration. Creativity. Dana Hall`s visual artists are sensitive observers of themselves and the world around them.
Miss Hall's School Photo - "The best thing about MHS is how friendly everyone is and how easy it is to become part of the community. I had an abundance of new friends on the first day of orientation, and I had bonded with my teachers by the end of the first week of classes." - Current Student
Garrison Forest School Photo - View of Shriver Hall, which houses the health suite and dorm rooms for boarders.
The Ethel Walker School Photo - Beaver Brook Building - This building houses many of our academic classes as well as administrative offices, meeting spaces, art rooms, and our computer lab.
Oldfields School Photo - Oldfields' campus is 130 acres located in Maryland's scenic horse country, and is close to cultural centers including Washington, DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York City and only 30 minutes from the international airport, BWI.
St. Margaret's School Photo - BELIEVE IN SOMETHING GREATER. * What kind of person will you be? Honest? Trustworthy? Responsible? * Our honor code inspires a culture of honesty and promotes trust in one another. * We have confidence that you will do the right thing, even when no one is watching. * We believe in you.
Most AP/Advanced Courses Offered (2020-21)
Among All-Girls Schools (out of 19 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School # AP Courses Grades Location
- 12.-14.Rank: #12-14 16-18
Grades: 9-12, PG
205 Bidwell Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14222
- 15.Rank: #15 14-16
Grades: 8-12 | Pre-K-12 (day)
300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
- 16.-17.Rank: #16-17 12-14
Grades: 7-12, PG | 6-12, PG (day)
230 Bushy Hill Road
Simsbury, CT 06070
- 19.Rank: #19 <5
54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
Top School Listings by Category (2020-21)
Tips for athletes applying to boarding school.
This is a fictional interview with the head of a boarding school. After all, her concerns are probably yours as well.
We parents have a multi-faceted role to play in protecting our school-age children during th pandemic.