Most AP/Advanced Courses Offered
- Among "All-Girls Schools", view the boarding schools with the most AP/advanced courses offered (2018-19).
- For several reasons (listed below), these comparisons are intended only as informal reference points for evaluating the amount of advanced courses available at each school.
- Schools may prefer to offer their own high level classes in place of the AP curriculum (i.e., schools may find that some subjects are better taught with their own curriculum).
- Read more about why some prep schools choose not to offer AP classes.
- These advanced courses are counted the same as an AP designated course.
- Availability of AP or advanced courses may change depending on student interest in given year - alternatively, many schools allow students to prepare for an AP without offering the course through self-designed independent study.
- As a result, small statistical differences between schools are generally not meaningful in determining whether a school offers more opportunities for advanced study.
Dana Hall School Photo - Experimentation. Exploration. Creativity. Dana Hall`s visual artists are sensitive observers of themselves and the world around them.
Stoneleigh-Burnham School Photo - Stoneleigh-Burnham offers one of the premier equestrian centers among secondary schools in the U.S. Our equestrian center is located on campus and that means girls can walk from their classes and dorm rooms directly to the barn. Every rider, from the complete novice to the advanced jumper, receives personalized instruction from experienced coaches that reflects her interests, goals, and abilities.
Chatham Hall Photo - Whether you ve been riding your whole life or have always wanted to you can find a place in our program. The Chatham Hall campus is home to more than 30 horses, three teaching arenas, a permanent Hunter Trials course, and plenty of trails. We teach hunt seat the Modern Forward Riding System with an emphasis on horse and rider
St. Margaret's School Photo - BELIEVE IN SOMETHING GREATER. * What kind of person will you be? Honest? Trustworthy? Responsible? * Our honor code inspires a culture of honesty and promotes trust in one another. * We have confidence that you will do the right thing, even when no one is watching. * We believe in you.
Saint Mary's School Photo - Saint Mary's School, established in 1842, is an independent, Episcopal, college-preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades 9-12 in Raleigh, North Carolina. It is the fourth oldest girls' boarding/day school in the United States.
Oldfields School Photo - Our renowned equestrian program takes learning out of the classroom and into the barn.
Garrison Forest School Photo - View of Shriver Hall, which houses the health suite and dorm rooms for boarders.
Miss Hall's School Photo - The Athletic Department at Miss Hall's instills in student-athletes the values of fitness, teamwork, and competition while inspiring each girl to master physical skills, envision her potential, strive to attain goals, build confidence, and experience the power of community pride.
The Madeira School Photo - Madeira's 376-acre campus in McLean, Virginia, overlooks the Potomac River from a perch just 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.
Most AP/Advanced Courses Offered (2018-19)
Among All-Girls Schools (out of 21 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School # AP Courses Grades Location
- 1.-2. >25
1300 East Northern Parkway
Baltimore, MD 21239
900 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
- 12.-14. 16-18
Grades: 9-12, PG
205 Bidwell Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14222
- 15. 14-16
Grades: 8-12 | Pre-K-12 (day)
300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
- 16.-17. 12-14
Grades: 9-12, PG | 6-12, PG (day)
230 Bushy Hill Road
Simsbury, CT 06070
- 20.-21. <5
54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
You need to know what is being taught before you decide which boarding school is best for you.
Spotlight on boarding schools in Canada.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.