Fulford Preparatory College
118 Main Street East, Merrickville, Ontario, Merrickville K0G1N, Canada
- Fulford Preparatory College`s mission is to engage students in a dynamic learning environment and to inspire them to become intellectually vibrant, compassionate and responsible and globally-minded citizens.
- Fulford Preparatory College is a leading boarding and day school school in Canada for boys and girls offering academic grades 10, 11 & 12, and a University Qualification Year.
- Fulford Preparatory College`s small class size, averaging 10 students, our additional hours of study and our highly skilled teachers create an environment that allows students to succeed. Students thrive academically due to the structure and support our teachers provide in our small school environment.
- We have a university placement rate of 100%. We recreate the comforts of home with our above industry standard dorm rooms featuring 2 queen sized beds and a 4 piece washroom.
- Our gorgeous campus is located in an ideal small town setting in the middle of three of Canada`s most vibrant cities, Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto. Our graduates receive offers of admission to the global top 50 ranked universities in the Canada, the U.K., and the U.S.
Upcoming Events and News:
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Fulford Preparatory College is Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 324 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Fulford Preparatory College|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 10-12, PG|
|Campus Size||6 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(school cardigan, tie and black pants)
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
(tuition, full boarding and medical insurance )
(tuition, food (breakfast and lunch from Monday to Friday only), school tie and 5-day academic trip included)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||5 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Soccer|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||12 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Engineering Club, Matheletes, Yearbook Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Road Hockey, Slack Line, Soccer, Swimming, Walking/Hiking, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- *100% acceptance rate to world-class post-secondary institutions
- *140-145 instructional hours per credit course
- English-only environment and ESL support *3 hours of IELTS preparation or OSSLT (Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test) preparation per week
- Above industry-standard accommodations; Your student will have a queen or double-sized bed, 4-piece ensuite bathroom, a desk, drawers and only ONE roommate!
- Academic advisor to support your studies and university applications *Co-curricular and recreational sports
- Multicultural environment; We have students from China, Nigeria, Oman, Mexico, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Russia, Korea, Kuwait, UAE, Japan, USA and Canada
- Safe and family-like environment; your child will develop strong and personal relationships with classmates, teachers and the community of Merrickville
- Fulford Preparatory College accreditations: Ontario Federation of Independent Schools(OFIS)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Fulford Preparatory College
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12 | 650 students 2206.1 miles955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4
- Grades: 8-12| 998 students 2227.8 miles3400 Richmond Road
Victoria, Canada V8P 4P5
No shortcuts exist to filling the seats in your private school. It requires savvy, effective marketing. More here.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
What makes some schools really better than others? What makes them the best schools?