Fulford Preparatory College
118 Main Street East, Merrickville, Ontario, Merrickville K0G1N, Canada
- Fulford Preparatory College`s mission is to engage students in a dynamic learning environment and to inspire them to become intellectually vibrant, compassionate and responsible citizens.
- Fulford Preparatory College is a leading boarding school in Canada for boys and girls offering academic grades 10, 11 & 12, and a University Qualification Year.
- Fulford Preparatory College`s small class size, averaging 10 students, our additional hours of study and our highly skilled teachers create an environment that allows students to succeed. Students thrive academically due to the structure and support our teachers provide in our small school environment.
- We have a university placement rate of 100%. We recreate the comforts of home with our above industry standard dorm rooms featuring 2 queen sized beds and a 4 piece washroom.
- Our gorgeous campus is located in an ideal small town setting in the middle of three of Canada`s most vibrant cities, Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto. In 2016, our 14 graduates received 20 offers of admission to the global top 50 ranked universities in the Canada, the U.K., and the U.S.
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 326 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Fulford Preparatory College|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 10-12, PG|
|Campus Size||6 acres|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(school cardigan, tie and black pants)
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Jennifer Olchowy|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Sara Kim|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||12 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Badminton Club, Basketball, Engineering Club, Ice Hockey, Matheletes, Road Hockey, Slack Line, Soccer, Swimming, Walking/Hiking, Yearbook Club, Yoga|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- *100% placement rate to world-class post-secondary institutions *140-145 instructional hours per credit course *English-only environment and ESL support *3 hours of IELTS preparation or OSSLT (Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test) preparation per week *Above industry-standard accommodations; Your student will have a queen or double-seized bed, 4-piece ensuite bathroom, a desk, drawers and only ONE roommate! *Academic advisor to support your studies and university applications *Co-curricular and recreational sports *Multicultural environment; We have students from China, Nigeria, Oman, Mexico, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Russia, Korea, Kuwait, USA and Canada *Safe and family-like environment; your students will develop strong and personal relationships with your classmates, teachers and the community of Merrickville
- School accreditations: Ontario Federation of Independent Schools(OFIS)
Submit Review for Fulford Preparatory College
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 7-12, PG | n/a students 208.4 miles10 Seymour AvenueSt. Catharines, ONL2P 1A4
St. Catharines, Canada 10020
Grades: 7-12 | 108 students 23.4 miles280 King Street East
Brockville, Canada K6V1E2
Grades: 8-12| 958 students 2228 miles3400 Richmond Road
July 20, 2017
American boarding schools face many challenges in the 21st century. We look at five of these and offer advice.
July 17, 2017
The media loves to focus on things like elitism and how boarding schools are just for troubled kids. Let's look at the truth.
June 28, 2017
Read frequently asked questions on a range of boarding school related topics.