Saint Bede Academy
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 293 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $25,000
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $6,550
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Saint Bede Academy ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 294 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
(Diversity and merit scholarships available)
(Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for day student information.)
AP / Advanced Courses
Abbey Mass Servers, Ambassadors, Car Club, E-Sports, Eucharistic Ministers, Heritage Club, Last Supper Club, Lectio Devina, Lectors, Model United Nations, Peer Tutors, Ping Pong Club, Prom Committee, Retreat Leaders, Scholastic Bowl, Science Club, Student Government, Tea Club, Technology Club, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chorus, Genesis Project, Homecoming Variety Show, Interact Club, Musical, Pep Club, Photography, Stage Rats
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Bass Fishing, Wrestling
- St. Bede Academy has been providing quality Catholic education in North Central Illinois since 1890. While we pride ourselves in our rich history and tradition, we understand the ever-changing needs of students today. Our goal is to provide students with an education that will not only develop their minds, but also strengthen their character while preparing them for life's challenges. The academic environment at St. Bede encourages students to excel, both in and outside of the classroom. We commit to having graduates leave the Academy ready, both spiritually and academically, for life in the real world. Upon graduation, Saint Bede students will have begun to develop a lifelong commitment to learning.
- Saint Bede Academy accreditations: NCA CASI, AdvanceED, Illinois State Board of Education
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Ross Kenseth, '11 - Professional NASCAR Driver
- JA Happ, '01 - MLB Pitcher
- Kathleen McCullough, '99 - Producer at MSNBC
- John Levisay, '85 - Founder and Co: Craftsy
- Jennifer Narog Sucher, '81 - Executive Counsel, GE Corporation
- Angelo Perino, '80 - Vice President, IBM North America Enterprise
- Dr. Michael Stuart, '75 - Director Sports Medicine, Mayo Clinic Men's Olympic Team Chief Medical Officer, USA Hockey
- Dr. Lyle Micheli, '58 - Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Saint Bede Academy cost?
Saint Bede Academy's tuition is approximately $25,000 for boarding students and $6,550 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Saint Bede Academy?
The acceptance rate of Saint Bede Academy is 80%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Saint Bede Academy?
Saint Bede Academy famous alumni include: Ross Kenseth, '11, JA Happ, '01, Kathleen McCullough, '99, John Levisay, '85, Jennifer Narog Sucher, '81, Angelo Perino, '80, Dr. Michael Stuart, '75 and Dr. Lyle Micheli, '58.
What sports does Saint Bede Academy offer?
Saint Bede Academy offers 14 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Football, Golf, Softball, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling.
What is Saint Bede Academy's ranking?
Saint Bede Academy ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for Least expensive tuition.
When is the application deadline for Saint Bede Academy?
The application deadline for Saint Bede Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).