Highest Average SAT Scores
- Among "All-Boys Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest average SAT scores (2018-19).
- For several key reasons (listed below), these comparisons are intended only as informal reference points for evaluating the SAT taking ability of a school's student body.
- A school's average SAT score is based on a relatively small sample of students from year to year (typically less than 100 students for a graduating class).
- Average SAT scores, then, can naturally fluctuate year to year while the quality of the overall program and strength of the student body remains consistent.
- Schools in the list below are often separated by small statistical differences, which for all intents and purposes, are not meaningful in determining the overall strength of the student body between two schools.
- As a final note: average SAT scores should never be used by a family as an expectation of what score they can expect their child to receive if they go to a particular institution.
- The SAT correlates very closely with the SSAT: Students who have high SSAT scores invariably have high SAT scores and vise versa - SAT scores generally reflect the testing ability of the student prior to being admitted at a school.
Blue Ridge School Photo - Our lake offers students a chance to relax, fish, canoe - in the center of campus.
St. John's Military School Photo - Through the main gate of campus, the Teardrop (named for the shape of the area) welcomes visitors with over 150 flags donated by alumni, friends, and family of St. John's Military School. Vanier Academic Center faces the main gate.
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo - Boland Hall is the home to many of Prep's 110 resident students. Our campus is less than 5 miles from the Nation's Capital
Camden Military Academy Photo - TEAMWORK!! A lesson better learned outside the classroom. Involvement in extra curricular activities (clubs, sports or band) is not an option because these activities often teach valuable life lessons.
Missouri Military Academy Photo - At MMA, students can broaden their skills and experiences. Elective courses and activities include band, drama, chorus, art and web design. Outside of the classroom, students can earn a private pilot's license via our aviation program. SCUBA, WWII reenactment, rifle team, photography and fencing...these are just a few more unique activities available to cadets.
Fork Union Military Academy Photo - The cadets in parade formation. The first full dress parade of the year begins usually at the end of April and is on Sunday.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo - We teach our art classes in a step-by-step manner-how to match pitch, to throw a pot, to draw a line. Even if you think you're not artistic, you'll build on these skills over time so you can develop your own creativity and awaken the artist in you.
Riverside Military Academy Photo - Riverside Military Academy cadet officers stand at attention during a parade on Maginnis Field.
South Kent School Photo - Since its founding in 1923, South Kent School has provided its students with the intellectual, moral, physical and social framework for scholastic achievement in college and productive citizenship in adult society.
Highest Average SAT Scores (2018-19)
Among All-Boys Schools (out of 19 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School Average SAT Score Grades Location
- 2. 1350-1400
22520 Mount Michael Road
Elkhorn, NE 68022
4129 Lake Shore Road
Hamburg, NY 14075
Po Box 5020
Salina, KS 67402
Grades: 8-12, PG | 7-12, PG (day)
700 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
- 17.-18. 1050-1100
3701 Sinclair Lane
Baltimore, MD 21213
- 19. <1050
Grades: 8-12, PG
45 Cottage Road
Oakdale, CT 06370
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
Private school mottoes speak to the high-minded purposes for which most schools were founded.
If you are just beginning to explore boarding schools, this article will give you an overview of the subject. We also point out a couple of things to watch for as you begin your exploration.