Teamwork, dedication, and sacrifice are key components of our athletic programs. Participation in athletics promotes good health but also teaches invaluable life lessons. Through athletics, students learn to develop confidence, self-discipline and leadership skills while learning the value of collaboration. Athletics allow students the opportunity to work together in accomplishing defined goals.
Friendship Circle is an annual tradition at Wasatch Academy. At the start of each new school year, the student body, faculty & staff gather on the 'quad' for a meet & greet.
Each weekend students have the opportunity to participate in trips ranging from climbing in a nearby canyon, to rappelling off an arch in Moab, rafting on the Colorado river, hiking in Zion National Park, relaxing in a hot spring, or enjoying S'mores around a campfire with new friends.
Dorm Life - Each of our seven dorms are similar to the students; each is unique and has its own personality. Our dorms are a home away from home where students from around the world learn to live together and form friendships that will last a lifetime
Joy and inspiration provide the foundation for the Wasatch Academy learning experience. This helps students develop into lifelong learners and future innovators.Teachers use a variety of classroom strategies and commit to a wide variety of activities that allow every student to find their own pathway to success.
The Wasatch Academy outdoor program utilizes the marvels of Utah's wilderness areas and National Parks to set students on a path of fun, adventure and self-reliance.
Acting students focus on voice, diction, oral interpretation, and creating characters through scene work from various playwrights. Scenes are prepared for school productions and The Utah Shakespeare Festival's High School Competition and the Utah State High School Association Drama Competition.
Our classes include colorful and engaging demonstrations that help students develop observational and critical-thinking skills.
- ''Wasatch Academy is a co-ed college preparatory boarding school located in Mt. Pleasant, Utah.
- Our global campus brings together students from more than 40 countries and more than 30 states.
- At Wasatch Academy, our students are guided to become ethical citizens of the world while getting prepared for college.
- Throughout the year, they take advantage of a beautiful setting in the heart of Utah, surrounded by several national parks and unique outdoor opportunities.
- In addition, every weekend students have the opportunity to attend several cultural and sports events in nearby Salt Lake City.
- Our students are provided with the highest academic atmosphere while being instructed by committed faculty that care about their success, in and outside of the classroom.
- At Wasatch Academy, our goal is to prepare students to live in a globalized 21st century world.
- Our student body learns alongside peers with a diverse array of perspectives, languages and cultures.''.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Cornell College Rural area, international environment, attentive staff and faculty, student-focus activities-those are what Wasatch is praised for but what really impressed me was a speech given on Founder's Day about our endowment. Mr Loftin (school headmaster). . .
- Brandeis University Wasatch Academy's location in central Utah definitely adds a very unique feel to the school Even though Mt. Pleasant is a rural town, the proximity to Provo and SLC allows students to get the best. . .
- The Wharton School at The University of Pennsylvania While at Wasatch Academy I debated within a circuit of international independent schools; accordingly, I gained knowledge of a number of other private (boarding) secondary institutions. In the following answers, I draw upon several. . .
- Westminster College During my time at WA, it felt like the entire staff were my mentors, and supporters to do well in school, athletics and life in general. From the teachers, to my Dorm Parent, to. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Wasatch Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||340 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||9 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$2 million||$17 million|
|Tuition international students||$59,900||$47,425|
(5 Day Boarding)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Erin Nester|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Rebecca Nied|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language/Composition, AP European History, AP Physics, AP Statistics, AP Chinese Language/Culture, AP Computer Science, AP English Lit/Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language/Culture, AP Studio Art, AP U.S Government and Politics, AP U.S History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||27||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Cycling, Dance, Equestrian, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Paddle Tennis, Riding, Rock Climbing, Ski Jumping, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||33||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International Club, Community, Debate Club, Games Club, International Club, Journalism, Lit, Math Team, Model UN, National, Outdoors, Robotics, Skateboarding, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir, Dance Club, Drama Club, Film Club, Guitar Club, Stained Glass
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Aikido, BMX, Camping Club, Equestrian Club, Fencing Club, Hiking Club, Paintball, Rock Climbing, Ski, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing, Strength and Conditioning
- Wasatch Academy is a co-ed college preparatory boarding school located in Mount Pleasant, Utah. Our global campus brings together students from more that 40 countries and more than 30 states in grades 8-12. Maintaining a highly attentive and supportive culture where students exchange global perspectives, Wasatch Academy guides each student to the individual ways he or she learns best.At Wasatch Academy, our students are guided to become ethical citizens of the world while becoming prepared for college. Throughout the year, they take advantage of a beautiful setting in the heart of Utah, surrounded by several national parks and unique outdoor opportunities. In addition, every weekend students have the opportunity to attend several cultural and sport events in nearby Salt Lake City. Our students are provided with the highest academic curriculum while being instructed by committed faculty that care about their success, providing unparalleled individual attention. At Wasatch Academy, our goal is to prepare students to live in a globalized 21st-century world. Our student body learns alongside peers with a diverse array of perspectives, languages and cultures.
- LD types supported: Yes
- School accreditations: National Association of Independent Schools, The Association of Boarding Schools, Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools
- Submit Review for Wasatch Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12, PG | 130 students 358.2 miles1000 Orme School Road, H.C. 63, Box 3040
Mayer, AZ 86333
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 100 students 467.6 miles235 Squaw Valley Road | P.O. Box 2667
Olympic Valley, CA 96146
February 07, 2018
Because paying for boarding school involves so much money, it makes sense to look at all the options available to you.
January 12, 2018
December 22, 2017
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.