5.00 (4 reviews)
120 South 100 West
Mt. Pleasant, UT 84647
Mt. Pleasant, UT 84647
Wasatch Academy Photo #2 - With small class sizes, full-time dorm parents, and a project-based education approach, students can elevate their knowledge into a lifelong pursuit of learning at the best private school in the United States.
Wasatch Academy Photo #3 - Bryce Canyon, Summer School 2019. Utah is home to 7 National Monuments, 6 National Forests, 5 National Parks, 45 State Parks, and more. We know all the most popular spots, and the best kept secrets. Come explore with us.
Wasatch Academy Photo #4 - Our Annual Junior River Trip strengthens relationships in the community and offers a genuine adventure to our staff, faculty, and students.
Wasatch Academy Photo #5 - Utah has some of the best snow on earth. Home to 14 world-class Ski Resorts. Our Wasatch Academy snowsports team can be found on our privately owned ski hill, or at one of Utah's many resorts.
Wasatch Academy Photo #6 - Todd Tree, Director of Equestrian & Rodeo at Wasatch Academy, was recognized for creating an inclusive equine program at the annual Utah Best of State this year, 2019.
Wasatch Academy Photo #7 - Today, we have been recognized by NIKE, Inc. as a top-tier program in the United States in addition to a consensus Top 10 national ranking out of more than 40,000 high school programs and a No. 5 seed in the 2019 GEICO Nationals (NHSI).
Wasatch Academy Photo #8 - This year's Jensen-Gill performers displayed an incredible level of showmanship and talent. The music preliminaries offered a wide range of performances including duets, guitar solos, eloquent piano pieces, and violin solos. The dance and drama preliminaries hosted well-versed monologues, group dance performances, aerial arts, and individual and duet dance performances.
Wasatch Academy Photo #9 - Wasatch Academy announces the opening of the Center for Contemporary Music (CCM) under the direction of GRAMMY-nominated educator, musician, author, and producer Caleb Chapman. "This program is the first of its kind anywhere. Students have access to instruction and performance opportunities typically reserved only for musicians at the university level," said Chapman.
Wasatch Academy Photo #10 - The Wasatch Academy Arts program encompasses everything from visual art, ceramics, printmaking, photography and more. From the facilities to the teachers, Wasatch Academy is among the top-performing arts boarding schools where you`ll have access to great resources to help you grow.
- Wasatch Academy offers a learning experience unlike any other. An experience created in a culture built on kindness, dignity, and respect.
- This provides an environment that encourages a student to push themselves, set their own goals, and achieve more personally and academically. Students come here eager to develop passions, discover untapped potential, and find their unique learning style.
- A school where creative thinking is encouraged and students are prepared for college as independent, successful learners.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Cornell College Rural area, international environment, attentive staff and faculty, student-focus activities-those are what Wasatch is praised for but what really impressed me was a speech given on Founder's Day about our endowment. Mr Loftin (school headmaster). . .
- Brandeis University Wasatch Academy's location in central Utah definitely adds a very unique feel to the school Even though Mt. Pleasant is a rural town, the proximity to Provo and SLC allows students to get the best. . .
- The Wharton School at The University of Pennsylvania While at Wasatch Academy I debated within a circuit of international independent schools; accordingly, I gained knowledge of a number of other private (boarding) secondary institutions. In the following answers, I draw upon several. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Wasatch Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||340 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1190||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$10,500|
(Summer Experience (six weeks): $10,500 Summer Dash (three-week session): $5,250)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$5 million||$20 million|
(tuition, room and board)
|Tuition international students||$64,800||$50,145|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Rebecca Nied|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Tameron Powell|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||18|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language/Composition, AP European History, AP Physics, AP Statistics, AP Chinese Language/Culture, AP Computer Science, AP English Lit/Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language/Culture, AP Studio Art, AP U.S Government and Politics, AP U.S History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||30||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Cycling, Dance, Equestrian, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Paddle Tennis, Riding, Rock Climbing, Ski Jumping, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Winter Track|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||32||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Games Club, International Club, Journalism, Junior Classic League, Lit, Math Team, Model UN, National, Outdoors, Robotics, Skateboarding, Snowshoeing, Student Council (STUCO), Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Film Club, Film making, Guitar (Rock) Ensemble, Guitar Club, Lit Mag, Stained Glass Art, Student Prefecting
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Hiking Club, Iron Guard, Paintball, Rock Climbing, Ski, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing, Strength and Conditioning, Thespian Club, Wasatka (Yearbook)
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- At Wasatch Academy, learning is an experience. Our specialized style of project-based learning is creative but intensive and focuses on helping every student reach their highest potential. Students study topics in-depth, exploring the intersection of ideas and disciplines. Along the way, students master core academic content and make valuable observations about how they learn. Students complete course requirements with a deep content understanding and personal ownership of their learning. They also gain respect for the environment and attain a powerful awareness of how communities are interconnected.
- While at Wasatch Academy, you are given many opportunities to fill your resume with leadership positions, athletic participation, art experience, community service, and much more. You learn personal and global responsibility through engaging classroom discussions, college counseling support, and real-life experiences of helping others inside and outside the school community.
- LD types supported: Yes
- Wasatch Academy accreditations: National Association of Independent Schools, The Association of Boarding Schools, Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Wasatch Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 80 students 467.6 miles235 Squaw Valley Road | P.O. Box 2667
Olympic Valley, CA 96146
Learn how financial aid works in boarding schools.
The Association of Boarding Schools has a common admissions application form which simplifies the admissions application process.
Teaching in a residential school brings its own challenges as well as some very powerful advantages. Here's how to survive your stint as a teacher in a boarding school.