Marianapolis Preparatory School
Marianapolis Preparatory School Photo #3 - The gates greet visitors at the entrance to Marianapolis.
- Marianapolis is an independent, co-educational, Catholic, boarding and day school located in Thompson, CT for grades 9-12 and postgraduate.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Marianapolis||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Campus Size||150 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||400 students||315 students|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||16||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$63,059||$48,850|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||JD Rogers|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||16||17|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science Principles, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Modern European History, Physics, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. History, World History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||15|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||39||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
American Sign Language, Amnesty International Club, Campus Activities Board, Chinese Language and Culture Club, Choate Cycling Club, Choate Equity Society, Choate Filmmaking Society (CFS), Choate for Freedom of the Sold (CFFS), Choate Friends of Israel (CFI), Comic/Illustration Club, Disaster Relief Club, Drum Corps, Farming, Green Knights, Host Family Program, Math Team, Media Team, Orientation Leaders, Politics and Pastry Club, Robotics Club, Rock Bands, Rosary Club, SLAM Leaders, SMASS - gay/straight alliance, Spiritus, Tech Crew, Tech Innovation Club, The Artist (publication), The News - student newspaper, Wellness Leaders
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Captains Club, Dance, Equestrian Club, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, Skiing, Tai Chi, Yoga
- Marianapolis is an independent, co-educational, Catholic, boarding and day school located in Thompson, CT for grades 9-12 and postgraduate. Marianapolis is a vibrant and energetic community of 400 students from many states around the U.S. and over 20 countries worldwide. Marianapolis boasts a 7:1 student/teacher ratio with an average class size of 12. With numerous honors classes, 19 AP courses, and over 100 electives, students are cultivated to think critically while being guided into mature and capable leaders. At Marianapolis, students are involved in activities across disciplines and are constantly challenging themselves to set new goals and break molds. Learning by doing is a hallmark of a Marianapolis education through project-based learning platforms such as LEAP Week and Experiential Learning. In addition, the Centers of Excellence is a certificate program where students pursue a specific academic track that will set them apart as they continue their studies at the collegiate level. With over 40 clubs and organizations, as well as a plethora of athletic opportunities, Marianapolis students have the capability to explore and expand their skills and interests. With a 100% college placement rate, Marianapolis graduates are confident, conscientious young adults ready to lead.
- Marianapolis Preparatory School accreditations: CAIS, TABS, NAIS, NEASC
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Marianapolis Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn why more and more students are choosing to do a gap or post graduate (PG) year at boarding school.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.