North Cedar Academy
- As a student in today`s competitive and connected world, you achieve the success for which you were destined by embracing the next level, by accelerating your education, by becoming a conscientious citizen and leader of the world. The inherent opportunities at North Cedar Academy empower you to reach inside and discover your potential.
- You save valuable time and money by taking advantage of NCA`s exclusive university pathway program.
- NCA is partnered with University of Wisconsin Colleges, where NCA students can earn as many as 60 college credits and an Associate of Arts & Sciences degree.
- You then have guaranteed admission into any University of Wisconsin school - including the 26th ranked UW-Madison to complete your bachelor degree in as little as two years.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|North Cedar Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||96 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||70 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||500||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$18,000||$21,582|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||John Twohig|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Alyssa King|
- The North Cedar Principle: As a student in today`s competitive and connected world, you achieve the success for which you were destined by embracing the next level, by accelerating your education, by becoming a conscientious citizen and leader of the world. The inherent opportunities at North Cedar Academy empower you to reach inside and discover your potential.
- The North Cedar Academy Early University Pathway: You save valuable time and money by taking advantage of NCA`s exclusive university pathway program. Grades 9 and 10 are formative years where you adjust to campus life, make friends, join clubs, explore the region and develop study routines. Here you begin a personal development journey that includes arts, humanities, lifetime sports and service to the community. Students in grades 11 and 12 are co-enrolled in University of Wisconsin Colleges and can earn as many as 60 college credits and an Associate of Arts & Sciences degree. You will receive a transcript from UWC for credits earned, which are transferable to other colleges and universities. Earning a minimum of 54 credits grants you guaranteed admission into any University of Wisconsin school - including the 26th ranked UW-Madison.
- Guaranteed admission to UW-Madison - ranked as the world`s 26th best university: UW-Madison is a nationally and internationally recognized research university, ranked 11th in the nationamong public universities and 26th internationally. Founded in 1848, and boasting an astounding legacy of discovery, UW-Madison`s alumni or faculty have been awarded 19 Nobel Prizes and 33 Pulitzer Prizes. As a co-enrolled NCA/UWC student, you can participate in the UW System`s established Guaranteed Transfer Program, which provides a pathway of guaranteed admission to this incredible world-class learning experience. As a proud partner of UWC, North Cedar Academy is the only high school in the state that provides this opportunity.
- Living Where You Learn: The residence hall is more than just the place where you study and sleep. It`s your home away from home, a place to hang out with your roommate, play table tennis or video games, watch television, sit around the bonfire, make new friends. The NCA residence hall is a uniquely designed five-story building overlooking the Flambeau River. It`s fully supervised - with a resident director`s apartment and office on the main level and resident assistants living on each floor - yet offers the independence you need to live your life. Special spaces include a kitchenette, computer lab, a quiet study room, and laundry facilities. All meals are served in the dining hall in the education center just a short walk up the hill.
- Preparing You For Success: At North Cedar, you live a life of scholarship, enrichment, service, and yes, fun. You live among friends, learning the value of personal achievement, of group dynamics, of service to others, and of the wonderful benefits of expanding your boundaries and trying new things. As a graduate, you will move on to greater challenges with the necessary skills sets to take on your future with confidence.
- School accreditations: National Private School Accreditation Group (NPSAG)
Submit Review for North Cedar Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 1620 miles1539 E. Howard St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
Grades: 6-12 | 250 students 140 miles315 South Grove Avenue
Owatonna, MN 55060
Grades: 8-12, PG | 130 students 1348.1 miles1000 Orme School Road, H.C. 63, Box 3040
Mayer, AZ 86333
July 20, 2017
American boarding schools face many challenges in the 21st century. We look at five of these and offer advice.
July 17, 2017
The media loves to focus on things like elitism and how boarding schools are just for troubled kids. Let's look at the truth.
June 28, 2017
Read frequently asked questions on a range of boarding school related topics.