Robert Land Academy Photo #2 - Robert Land Academy is located on a picturesque 168 acre rural campus in Ontario, Canada's Niagara Region. The grounds include an administration building, academic building with classrooms and laboratories, a library, barracks-style dormitories, a dining hall, a fully equipped gymnasium as well as an outdoor above ground swimming pool and playing fields.
Robert Land Academy Photo #3 - A strong focus on foundational skills applied in academic courses provides students with opportunities for Canadian, US and world-wide university and college entrance. The Academy also offers foundational courses in English and Math for grades 5-10. These remedial courses allow boys who are behind in core subjects to make significant gains and catch up academically.
Robert Land Academy Photo #4 - Robert Land Academy's varsity sports teams compete against area high schools. Teams and individual athletes are eligible to advance to zone (SOSSA) and Provincial (OFSSA) championships to compete.
Robert Land Academy Photo #5 - Hard work in the classroom is balanced with plenty of fun and adventure.
Robert Land Academy Photo #6 - With a focus on self-care and routine, diet, nutrition and exercise and with 100% of graduates over the past 8 years being placed in university and college programs of their choice, Robert Land Academy prepares boys for their future and helps them to achieve success by focusing their strengths as they develop self-discipline.
Robert Land Academy Photo #7 - Students at Robert Land Academy have the opportunity to select from a wide range of extracurricular activities and clubs. Climbing on the indoor climbing wall, weight lifting, mountain biking, paint ball, and music are just a few of the many choices available.
Robert Land Academy Photo #8 - A newly renovated athletic facility includes a weight room outfitted with modern equipment, a full sized boxing ring, wrestling room, indoor climbing wall and an outdoor above-ground swimming pool.
Located in Ontario`s Niagara Region, Robert Land Academy is Canada`s only private military style boarding school for boys in grades 5 through 12.
Founded in 1978, Robert Land Academy has developed a strong reputation as an ideal choice for boys who may be exhibiting difficulties with motivation and self-discipline.
Some have experienced difficulties related to attitude, concentration, focus, respect, or have been diagnosed as, or show characteristics of, Attention Deficit (Hyperactive) Disorder (ADD/ADHD), Opposition Defiant Disorder (ODD) or other Learning Disabilities (LD).
Despite displaying signs of high potential, these students are often falling behind academically, behaviorally and socially.
Regardless of individual circumstances, the military model provides the structure and discipline necessary for these boys to recognize academic success, and encourages them such that they can build self-confidence, have respect for themselves and others, and realize their true potential.
Within the first semester of enrolment, 95% of new students experience a dramatic improvement in their academic performance, and 100% of Robert Land Academy`s graduates who apply to university or college are accepted into their program of choice.
- Grades: (Boarding) 5-12
- Enrollment: 80 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $64,000
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Definition of Terms | 2023 School Data
Robert Land Academy
% Students of Color
% International Students
% Students Boarding
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Frequency of Saturday Classes
Classroom Dress Code
Average Class Size
Student : Teacher Ratio
ESL Courses Offered
% Faculty with Advanced Degree
Summer Program Offered
Summer Program Details
(CAD$ - Canadian & US Students (2022/2023))
(CAD$ - Canadian & US Students (2022/2023))
Tuition international students
Summer Program Cost
(One-Week Summer Camp)
(One-Week Summer Camp)
Merit Scholarships Offered
None / Rolling
Director of Admissions
# Interscholastic Sports Offered
- Robert Land Academy is a place for teaching high spirited boys. Academic routine is combined with high levels of physical activity, authentic leadership, coaching and supervision. Our programme has shown itself to have significant success in dealing with boys who are not working to their potential.
- Boys are admitted based upon their potential rather than their past. Some have experienced difficulties related to attitude, concentration, focus, respect, or have been diagnosed as, or show characteristics of, Attention Deficit (Hyperactive) Disorder (ADD/ADHD), Opposition Defiant Disorder (ODD) or other Learning Disabilities (LD).
- Robert Land Academy offers a demanding academic program that is as rigorous as the training and physical education components. Small classes and a low student to faculty ratio allow for close, personal interaction. Remedial assistance, supervised mandatory study halls and tutorials are an integral part of daily routine.
- The Academy offers credit courses leading to the granting of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). This government issued diploma is recognized by universities and colleges throughout North America and other parts of the world. All courses are offered at the advanced or academic level and all courses reflect traditional subjects and disciplines.
- Classes are small and average 14 pupils. Tutorials are conducted during week days and weekends. Mandatory structured study halls are conducted each evening. All courses emphasize the development of strong basic skills in reading, writing, and study techniques.
- The vast majority of boys experience a dramatic increase in their academic marks, level of physical fitness, and improve relationships with their families within the first year at the Academy.
- Each boy's level of health and fitness is greatly improved through proper diet and exercise resulting in an improved attitude toward life and its challenges. This positive attitude combined with concentrated academic remediation, tutorials, and mandatory supervised study halls, invariably results in a fresh opportunity for success and a healthy self-image.
- Our caring and dedicated faculty assist students in developing self-confidence and self-worth through genuine academic achievement and personal maturation. The Faculty have an abiding interest in the academic, emotional and physical well-being of their students. Teachers not only instruct but also coach sports teams, run clubs, tutor, supervise meals and daily study halls and are responsible for a section of ten cadets. The staff includes a registered nurse, a registered practical nurse, sports therapist and certified chefs. In addition, students can access the services of a consulting physician, forensic psychologist and a psychiatrist.
- Each boy is required to participate in extracurricular activities, designed to develop sportsmanship, physical strength, leadership, and a sense of self-worth. Varsity teams compete with area high schools in basketball, cross-country, wrestling, soccer, volleyball and track and field. On an individual basis, boys can challenge themselves with the parachuting course, boxing, canoeing, SCUBA, rock climbing, rappelling, orienteering, and other outdoor adventure activities. A selection of clubs are organized to meet a variety of interests such as model airplanes, rocketry, mountain biking, computers, chess, etc.
- All meals, including snacks, are healthy, wholesome and nutritionally balanced, and are prepared onsite under the supervision of certified chefs.
- The Campus at Robert Land Academy is situated on 168 picturesque acres of rural land in the heart of the historic Niagara Region in Ontario Canada. It offers a safe, tranquil setting free from harmful distractions and influences. The facilities include an academic building with classrooms and laboratories, a library, barracks-style dormitories, a dining hall, an administration building and a fully equipped gymnasium with weight room, as well as outdoor playing fields.
- The Academy enrols students in September and January/February. Rolling admissions at other times throughout the year are handled on a case by case basis. The admission process at Robert Land Academy includes a written application and a personal interview with the candidate and his parents. Copies of academic transcripts or reports from the preceding two years and other pertinent information are also required. Admission is based upon the boy`s suitability to the program and the potential exhibited as a result of the interview process.
- Robert Land Academy accreditations: The Association of Military Schools and Colleges of the United States (AMCSUS)
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Robert Land Academy cost?
Robert Land Academy's tuition is approximately $64,000 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of Robert Land Academy?
The acceptance rate of Robert Land Academy is 80%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 60%.
What sports does Robert Land Academy offer?
Robert Land Academy offers 22 interscholastic sports: Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Climbing, Cross Country, Cycling, Drill Team, Football, Indoor Soccer, Kayaking, Marksmanship, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Orienteering, Riflery, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling.
Does Robert Land Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, Robert Land Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Robert Land Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Robert Land Academy?
The application deadline for Robert Land Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Navigating the Modern Maze: Emerging Challenges for Boarding Schools
Explore the pressing challenges facing boarding schools, from marketing difficulties and rising insurance costs to facility maintenance and recruitment of competent trustees and teachers. This article delves into these complex issues and proposes innovative strategies to overcome them.
What To Wear at Your Job Interview
Navigating job interviews can be stressful, but knowing what to wear shouldn't be. Our comprehensive guide covers the essential dress code tips for men and women interviewing at boarding schools. Make your first impression count with style and professionalism.
July 23, 2023Boarding School Pros and Cons: History and Common Misconceptions
We address common misconceptions about boarding schools, shedding light on the actual experiences versus perceived notions. Ideal for parents contemplating this educational choice for their children, the essay provides a balanced perspective on the topic.