Located in Ontario`s Niagara Region, Robert Land Academy is Canada`s only private military style boarding school for boys in grades 5 through 12.
Founded in 1978, Robert Land Academy has developed a strong reputation as an ideal choice for boys who may be exhibiting difficulties with motivation and self-discipline.
Some have experienced difficulties related to attitude, concentration, focus, respect, or have been diagnosed as, or show characteristics of, Attention Deficit (Hyperactive) Disorder (ADD/ADHD), Opposition Defiant Disorder (ODD) or other Learning Disabilities (LD).
Despite displaying signs of high potential, these students are often falling behind academically, behaviorally and socially.
Regardless of individual circumstances, the military model provides the structure and discipline necessary for these boys to recognize academic success, and encourages them such that they can build self-confidence, have respect for themselves and others, and realize their true potential.
Within the first semester of enrolment, 95% of new students experience a dramatic improvement in their academic performance, and 100% of Robert Land Academy`s graduates who apply to university or college are accepted into their program of choice.
- Grades: (Boarding) 5-12
- Enrollment: 80 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $64,000
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Definition of Terms | 2023 School Data
Robert Land Academy
% Students of Color
% International Students
% Students Boarding
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Frequency of Saturday Classes
Classroom Dress Code
Average Class Size
Student : Teacher Ratio
ESL Courses Offered
% Faculty with Advanced Degree
Summer Program Offered
Summer Program Details
(CAD$ - Canadian & US Students (2022/2023))
(CAD$ - Canadian & US Students (2022/2023))
Tuition international students
Summer Program Cost
(One-Week Summer Camp)
(One-Week Summer Camp)
Merit Scholarships Offered
None / Rolling
Director of Admissions
# Interscholastic Sports Offered
- Robert Land Academy is a place for teaching high spirited boys. Academic routine is combined with high levels of physical activity, authentic leadership, coaching and supervision. Our programme has shown itself to have significant success in dealing with boys who are not working to their potential.
- Boys are admitted based upon their potential rather than their past. Some have experienced difficulties related to attitude, concentration, focus, respect, or have been diagnosed as, or show characteristics of, Attention Deficit (Hyperactive) Disorder (ADD/ADHD), Opposition Defiant Disorder (ODD) or other Learning Disabilities (LD).
- Robert Land Academy offers a demanding academic program that is as rigorous as the training and physical education components. Small classes and a low student to faculty ratio allow for close, personal interaction. Remedial assistance, supervised mandatory study halls and tutorials are an integral part of daily routine.
- The Academy offers credit courses leading to the granting of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). This government issued diploma is recognized by universities and colleges throughout North America and other parts of the world. All courses are offered at the advanced or academic level and all courses reflect traditional subjects and disciplines.
- Classes are small and average 14 pupils. Tutorials are conducted during week days and weekends. Mandatory structured study halls are conducted each evening. All courses emphasize the development of strong basic skills in reading, writing, and study techniques.
- The vast majority of boys experience a dramatic increase in their academic marks, level of physical fitness, and improve relationships with their families within the first year at the Academy.
- Each boy's level of health and fitness is greatly improved through proper diet and exercise resulting in an improved attitude toward life and its challenges. This positive attitude combined with concentrated academic remediation, tutorials, and mandatory supervised study halls, invariably results in a fresh opportunity for success and a healthy self-image.
- Our caring and dedicated faculty assist students in developing self-confidence and self-worth through genuine academic achievement and personal maturation. The Faculty have an abiding interest in the academic, emotional and physical well-being of their students. Teachers not only instruct but also coach sports teams, run clubs, tutor, supervise meals and daily study halls and are responsible for a section of ten cadets. The staff includes a registered nurse, a registered practical nurse, sports therapist and certified chefs. In addition, students can access the services of a consulting physician, forensic psychologist and a psychiatrist.
- Each boy is required to participate in extracurricular activities, designed to develop sportsmanship, physical strength, leadership, and a sense of self-worth. Varsity teams compete with area high schools in basketball, cross-country, wrestling, soccer, volleyball and track and field. On an individual basis, boys can challenge themselves with the parachuting course, boxing, canoeing, SCUBA, rock climbing, rappelling, orienteering, and other outdoor adventure activities. A selection of clubs are organized to meet a variety of interests such as model airplanes, rocketry, mountain biking, computers, chess, etc.
- All meals, including snacks, are healthy, wholesome and nutritionally balanced, and are prepared onsite under the supervision of certified chefs.
- The Campus at Robert Land Academy is situated on 168 picturesque acres of rural land in the heart of the historic Niagara Region in Ontario Canada. It offers a safe, tranquil setting free from harmful distractions and influences. The facilities include an academic building with classrooms and laboratories, a library, barracks-style dormitories, a dining hall, an administration building and a fully equipped gymnasium with weight room, as well as outdoor playing fields.
- The Academy enrols students in September and January/February. Rolling admissions at other times throughout the year are handled on a case by case basis. The admission process at Robert Land Academy includes a written application and a personal interview with the candidate and his parents. Copies of academic transcripts or reports from the preceding two years and other pertinent information are also required. Admission is based upon the boy`s suitability to the program and the potential exhibited as a result of the interview process.
- Robert Land Academy accreditations: The Association of Military Schools and Colleges of the United States (AMCSUS)
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Robert Land Academy cost?
Robert Land Academy's tuition is approximately $64,000 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of Robert Land Academy?
The acceptance rate of Robert Land Academy is 80%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 60%.
What sports does Robert Land Academy offer?
Robert Land Academy offers 22 interscholastic sports: Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Climbing, Cross Country, Cycling, Drill Team, Football, Indoor Soccer, Kayaking, Marksmanship, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Orienteering, Riflery, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling.
Does Robert Land Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, Robert Land Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Robert Land Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Robert Land Academy?
The application deadline for Robert Land Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
January 21, 20245 Tips for Applying for a Boarding School Job
Whether you're a seasoned educator or just starting your teaching career, these tips will help you navigate the competitive landscape of boarding school job applications. Discover the strategies that can make your application stand out and increase your chances of landing a job at a boarding school.
January 19, 2024How I Made Latin One of the Most Popular Classes
Discover the fascinating journey of how Latin became one of the most popular classes in my school. Join me as I share my experiences, strategies, and insights from my years of teaching Latin, and making it an engaging and sought-after subject for students.
January 02, 2024Landing Your Dream Job in a Boarding School: Tips and Guidance
Discover the secrets to successfully securing a teaching position in a private school with our comprehensive guide. We'll walk you through the online application process, offer tips on polishing your application, and provide insights into the specific requirements and expectations of boarding schools. Whether you're a seasoned educator or new to the field, this article will help you stand out and land your dream job in a boarding school.