TASIS The American School in England
Thorpe, Surrey TW20 8TE tw20 8te, United Kingdom
Thorpe, Surrey TW20 8TE tw20 8te, United Kingdom
Tel: 44 0 1932 582316
- TASIS The American School in England offers both the International Baccalaureate Diploma and an American college preparatory curriculum, including Advanced Placement courses.
- The School community includes co-ed day (3-18) and boarding (14-18) students from over 50 nations.
- TASIS combines an excellent academic program, including English-as-an-Additional-Language, with outstanding opportunities in art, drama, music, and athletics.
- An extensive summer program is also offered. Located 18 miles SW of London on a beautiful and historic 46-acre estate.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|TASIS The American School in England|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12, PG|
|Campus Size||46 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(All students are expected to dress in a neat, clean, tailored, and presentable manner, according to the uniform guidelines. )
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||22|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||23|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(Includes the Fall Travel week trip)
(Varies with GBP exchange rate)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||6500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Ms. Karen House|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Mrs. Nellie Bailey|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||22|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, Economics, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, European History, French Language and Culture, Human Geography, Music Theory, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C - Electicity & Magnetism, Physics C - Mechanics, Spanish Language and Culture, Statistics, US Government, US History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Debate Club, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Model UN, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Dance Club, Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Basketball Club, Conditioning, Golf Club, Lacrosse, Riding, Running Club, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- At TASIS The American School in England, the aspirations and potential of every student are fostered, nurtured, and challenged. The School educates 720 students from more than 50 nations, including 400 Upper School students (ages 14-18) of which 190 board. This diversity provides a rich, multi-layered experience, while the student faculty ratio of 6:1 and small classes ensure individualised attention.
- The beautiful 46-acre campus, located close London and Heathrow Airport, combines historic buildings with modern purpose-built facilities including technology centers, an art/music complex, a 350-seat theatre, and extensive sports facilities.
- TASIS England offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, as well as a broad-based American curriculum with Advanced Placement classes. The comprehensive program of athletics and activities, opportunities for leadership and community service, cultural excursions, and the Fall European Travel Week ensure a balanced education.
- One-to-one counseling enables students to identify and apply to the universities that best fit their educational and career aspirations. TASIS graduates gain acceptance to excellent universities in the UK, the US, and worldwide.
- During the summer, TASIS England offers three- and six-week enrichment courses. Students (ages 10-17) from around the world pursue an area of special interest, improve their English, or simply participate in an exciting holiday experience. With sports and activities, sightseeing excursions, and theatre trips to London, the Summer Programs provide a perfect way to sample the boarding experience.
- School accreditations: NEASC, CIS, BSA, LISA, IBO
- Submit Review for TASIS The American School in England
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12, PG | 340 students 489.2 milesChemin de la Source
Leysin, Switzerland 1854
- Grades: 10-12, PG | 60 students 945.2 milesvia Cavour 13
Lanciano (CH), Italy 66034
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.