Kents Hill School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (207) 685-1606
PO Box 257, 1614 Main St., Rte. 17
Kents Hill, ME 04349
Kents Hill, ME 04349
Kents Hill School Photo #2 - With activity-packed weekends, community service, regular trips to Augusta, Portland and Boston, many extracurricular clubs, and leadership programs, one can never claim to be bored at Kents Hill!
Kents Hill School Photo #3 - Athletes enjoy the on-campus O'Connor Alpine Training Center for alpine racers and riders. Everyone enjoys it on Saturday nights!
Kents Hill School Photo #4 - Is the stage calling your name? The Bodman Performing Arts Center is the place to be for Drama, Chamber Orchestra, Choir, Contemporary Ensemble, and our Morning Meetings every Monday and Friday.
Kents Hill School Photo #5 - The Visual Arts Program includes 3 AP Studio Art programs. The Williams Woodworking studio holds our most popular art class! Every year we send students to top art schools throughout the country.
Kents Hill School Photo #6 - Students compete in a game of Human Hungry-Hungry-Hippos during our most cherished tradition: Winter Carnival!
Kents Hill School Photo #7 - Our unique curriculum includes ELS classes, an Environmental Studies department and the Akin Learning Center for motivated students with learning differences.
- Kents Hill School is a small, co-educational boarding school located just three hours north of Boston and an hour from Portland, Maine.
- Small classes, low student to faculty ratios, a diverse student body from 21 states and 20 nations, a broad academic curriculum which includes ELS and the Akin Learning Center, a strong arts program and a competitive athletics program provide our students with a warm community and an all-inclusive college preparatory experience.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Hawaii Pacific Univerity Wonderful school. Small classes. Great teachers and administrators. Culture, history, art, science, sports and languages are everywhere. It is a school that raises great men and women that can and do make a difference. A. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Kents Hill School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||400 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||230 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||11 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$24 million||$22 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Linda Albert|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Alison Lincoln-Rich|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||18|
|Courses||AP AB Calculus, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Studies, AP European History, AP Government and Politics, AP Physics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Riding, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Dorm Proctors, Foodies, Green Team, GSTA, Math Team, Robotics, Student Activities, Student Ambassador, Student Council, Studio Art, Tour Guide Program, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Orchestra, Choir, Colin Powell Leadership Program, Contemporary Band, Kents Hill Chamber Group
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Located in central Maine, Kents Hill School is an independent, coeducational boarding and day school grades 9-PG attracting 225 students from 17 states and 18 countries. Since 1824, Kents Hill has been dedicated to providing transformative experiences rooted in the power of community, character, and core values. Students are coached through a 4-dimensional (4D) experience of leadership development, academics, athletics, arts, and extracurricular activities.
- Kents Hill School's innovative Four-Dimensional (4D) Academic Curriculum extends far beyond the classroom. By placing equal importance on knowledge, skills, character, and reflection throughout all aspects of a student's life at Kents Hill, we are taking steps to build an experience that is balanced, purposeful, and impactful. Examples of this can be seen through our Advising Program, our DIRIGO (I Lead) Program, and our many other intentional approaches to Student Life.
- Students have a wide variety of extracurricular options at Kents Hill School. With our 20+ options for athletics and our Music and Performing Arts Program, students have the opportunity to explore, learn, and grow in their extracurricular activites.
- Kents Hill School offers specialized programs such as our English Language Services Program, Learning Skills Program, and Academic Gap Year to provide additional support for those students who need it. Our English Language Support or ELS Program provides targeted and customized language- and skills-based support for English language learners. Students strengthen their language abilities through an introduction to academic content and fortify their skills as they prepare to enter mainstream classes. Our Learning Skills Program offers two levels of customized support based on individual academic needs. Teachers take an empathetic and individualized approach to transform lives by instilling the confidence and skills necessary to succeed in higher education and beyond. Lastly, our Academic Gap Year at Kents Hill School is the ideal way to sharpen students' knowledge, nurture their personal growth, and evaluate their personal and professional goals before college. By providing an individualized program and faculty mentor, we help students tackle what they need in order to be successful while rallying around what they love including art, athletics, and extracurricular activities.
- LD types supported: Mild/Moderate Learning Differences
- Kents Hill School accreditations: NEASC
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Leon Leonwood Bean - Founder of L.L. Bean, Freeport, Maine
- Alden J. Blethen - Publisher of The Seattle Daily Times
- Submit Review for Kents Hill School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
A boarding school is a business. Is your business on brand?