Solebury School Photo #2 - Solebury School's Math and Science (STEM) program offers students opportunities to pursue AP and Honors classes, as well as Engineering courses that will prepare them for college.
Solebury School Photo #3 - Solebury School's music program includes a chorus, rock band, and instrumental and jazz ensembles. A block of time is carved out of the school schedule each day for students to pursue their music interests.
Solebury School Photo #4 - Solebury School is a member of the Penn-Jersey League and competes against private, public, and parochial schools in the area. Solebury fields 13 interscholastic varsity teams. In addition to team sports, Solebury offers a variety of physical activities after school that help students develop healthy, lifelong habits, skills and interests.
Solebury School Photo #5 - The 2015 theater production of the musical Curtains was staged in Solebury School's historic black box theater, located in an 18th-Century stone barn on campus. Students have many different ways to participate in the theater from acting to set, sound and lighting design, to costumes and make-up.
- Solebury School is a coed, college preparatory boarding and day school for grades 9-12 in beautiful Bucks County, PA. There is no single way to experience Solebury, but there is a core approach.
- We start with helping students plant the seeds of their own education, and then nurturing and cultivating that until it grows into something strong and life-lasting.
- With 235 students and a student to teacher ratio of 6 to 1, everyone at Solebury is known and valued.
- We offer an environment of educational excellence that prepares students for success in college and beyond. Solebury is what school should be.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Loyola University Maryland Solebury was one of the best things to happen to me. The education I received, the friendships I made, the relationships with many of my teachers are still in place today. I'll never forget my. . .
- Portland State University, The George Washington University Solebury makes sure to keep all class sizes very small, which was new to me as a former public school student. All students address teachers by their first names, which really emphasizes the mutual respect. . .
- University of Delaware Solebury has a mandatory yet very manageable volunteer requirements. When I was a student, it was 5 hours a year for middle schoolers and 10 hours a year for high schoolers. I was part of. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Solebury School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||90 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||235 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1230||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$6.8 million||$20 million|
(Learning Skills $14750, ESL $12950 )
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$16,855||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Scott Eckstein|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Meg Perry|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||17|
|Courses||American Studies (AP US History), American Studies (Honors American Literature), AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US Government and Politics, Ethics (Honors), French IV (Honors), History Thesis (Honors), Honors Algebra IA, Honors Algebra II & Trigonometry, Honors Biology, Honors Chemistry, Honors Geometry, Honors Physics, Honors Pre-Calculus, Spanish IV (Honors)|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
African-American Affinity Group, An Extensive 4-H Program, Boy Scout Troop 1899, Co-Curricular Committee, Computer Interest Group, Cooking Interest Group, Current Events, Newspaper Staff, Outerlimits, Pistol, Politics, Rappelling, Video Club, World Languages Society, Yearbook, Yearbook/Journalism
Arts and Music Programs:
Curriculum Commmittee, Math Counts, Theatrical Productions
Recreational Athletic Programs:
National Junior Honor Society, Walking Club, Weight Training, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Solebury`s curriculum provides a stable, rigorous foundation for exploration. The size of classes allows for meaningful engagement, and extended class times create more opportunities to dive deeply into the material. Our diverse elective options and trimester system enable you to discover new passions and run with them. We offer an environment of educational excellence that prepares students for success in college and beyond.Come visit our gorgeous campus, talk to teachers, ask questions, and see for yourself what sets Solebury apart. We look forward to meeting you!
- LD types supported: Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild Learning Differences
- Solebury School accreditations: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Solebury School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.