- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 415 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $68,500
- Acceptance rate: 20%
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(Net endowment of more than $125,000 per student. )
AP / Advanced Courses
Club or Organization:
A Capella Singing Group, Admission Tour Guides, As Schools Match Wits, Black Student Union (BSU), Chess Club, Community Life Group, Disciplinary Council, Fellowship of Christians at Universities and Schools (FOCUS), Model UN, Proctor Program, Student Government, TA Program, The Bell (newspaper, The Pioneer (yearbook), TREE, Weekend Activities Committee, WNMH Radio
Arts and Music Programs:
The Work Job, Tiger Lilies, Tiger Sports Network
- Suffield Academy offers a challenging and supportive experience for 410 students in grades 9-12. We have a strong boarding school tradition-two-thirds of our students live on campus-that balances tradition and change. Outstanding athletics and arts programs complement our academic offerings. Suffield's Leadership Program is a unique initiative in the independent school world, and a central part of the experience for each student here.
- Suffield Academy accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Leigh Perkins - President and CEO, Orvis
- James Tisch - CEO, Loews Corporation
- Grace Oboma-Layat - Legal Aid Society NY
- Barry Scherr - Former Provost, Dartmouth College
- Archer Mayor - Best-selling mystery writer
- Vinnie Del Negro - NBA basketball player and coach
- May Chow - World renowned chef
- John Adler - Stanford Neurosurgeon
- Jack Robinson - Green Investor
- Christian Wilkins - NFL Miami Dolphins
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Suffield Academy cost?
Suffield Academy's tuition is approximately $68,500 for boarding students.
What schools are Suffield Academy often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of Suffield Academy?
The acceptance rate of Suffield Academy is 20%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%. Suffield Academy's acceptance rate is ranked as one of the top boarding schools with low acceptance rates.
Who are famous alumni from Suffield Academy?
Suffield Academy famous alumni include: Leigh Perkins, James Tisch, Grace Oboma-Layat, Barry Scherr, Archer Mayor, Vinnie Del Negro, May Chow, John Adler, Jack Robinson and Christian Wilkins.
What sports does Suffield Academy offer?
Suffield Academy offers 28 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Riflery, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo and Wrestling. Suffield Academy is ranked as one of the top boarding schools for most sports offered.
What is Suffield Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Suffield Academy?
The application deadline for Suffield Academy is Jan. 15.
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2017
Loyola Marymount University
Class of 2016
New York University
Class of 2016