5.00 (2 reviews)
4000 Connecticut Ave NW Washington
Washington, DC 20008
Washington, DC 20008
- 1 You' can make edits to your school's profile by updating the fields below.
- 2 .Press "Update School Data" at the bottom of the page to submit changes.
- 3 .For all fields, please inputwhole numbers only, sentence must be more than 10 words.
- 4 . Do notinput any commas, decimals, or dashes (please round decimals).
- 5 .If no data is available, simply leave the field blankFields left empty will not be shown or will output as "n/a" on your profile.
- 6 .Press "Update Data" within 15 min of opening this page to avoid a timed-out connection.7. Click on the header tabs below to update different sections of your profile.8. Test12346789400If no data is available, simply leave the field blankFields left empty will not be shown or will output as "n/a" on your profil
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|School Focus||Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades Pre-K-7, PG|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-10, PG|
|Campus Size||25 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1200|
|Average ACT score||15|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants test)
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:20|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||5|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||4|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$107|
(1237 notes available)
|Endowment Size||$9.50 million|
|Tuition international students||$10|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$15|
(Display financial notes.)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||5|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Mathematics, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||11 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Crew, Cricket, Cross Country Running, Paddle Tennis, Sailing|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||2 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International Club, Art Club
|Year: 2000-2005||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
- test' test test
- Testing12345 accreditations: TABS
- Notes about SAT scores:
- There is a growing trend to report SAT scores as a range of the middle 50% as opposed to a single score. The College Board recommends this and reputable organizations like US News and World Report, and The Fiske Guide to the Colleges, also believe the middle 50% is the best way to report scores. In speaking about single SAT scores, Fiske says, "such figures, however, are easily misinterpreted as thresholds rather than averages....To avoid such confusion, we report the range of scores of the middle half of the class".
- For the Class of 2003, the Middle 50% excluding international students for whom English is a second Language: verbal 540-690; math 540-700. For example, if your math score was under 540, you would have been in the bottom quarter of the class. If your Math score was above 700, you would have been in the top quarter of the class. Westtown has 60 International students and when they are included the Math, midrange score is 540-700; this is the exact range as the entire Upper School. However, English is the second or third language for many International students and the middle 50% of all students verbals scores is 510-690 at Westtown including International students.
- It is important to note that SAT scores MAY be an indication of the academic preparedness or intellectual level of the company you will keep, but SAT scores are highly correlated with family income and family educational level, so even this can be misleading. Furthermore, SAT scores should never be used by a family as an expectation of what score they can expect their child to receive if they go to a particular institution. The SAT correlates very closely with the SSAT: Students who have high SSAT scores invariably have high SAT scores and vice versa. As much as schools with high SAT scores may like to take credit for these scores we know that they more accurately reflect the testing ability of the student prior to being admitted to our school.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- test1 - description1
- test2 - description
- test3 - description
- test4 - testing.......
- test5 - description4
- test6 - description6
- test7 - description7
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Testing12345
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12, PG | 174 students 246.4 miles541 Long Beach Road
Saint James, NY 11780
Learn about an initially reluctant parent's perspective on boarding school.
Visiting schools on your short list is very important. During your visit observe and ask questions.
Thinking about sending your tween to boarding school? The personal attention and comprehensive programs which junior boarding schools offer are worth a serious review.