- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 508 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $56,000
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $40,900
- Acceptance rate: 65%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Casual but professional
(Middle School tuition is $37,800)
(5 Day Boarding)
Amnesty International Club, Contemporary Band, Dance Team, Debate Club, Gender Sexuality Alliance, Green Team, Habitat for Humanity, Hillpoppas (A cappella group), Hillpoppas: Acapella Group, Kick Cancer (Jimmy Fund), Lance - Art & Literary Magazine, Model United Nations, Nuestra Voz, Robotics Team, Spanish Club, Student Leadership Committee, Tennis/ Chess Club, Ultimate Frisbee, Varsity Math Team, Vigornia (Newspaper), Visual & Performing Arts Clubs, WA Math Team, World Cultures and Languages
Arts and Music Programs:
Academy Singers, Afternoon Tunes, Broadcasting, Broadcasting (Middle School), Contemporary Band, Fall Play, Fall Play (Middle School), Jazz Combo, Open Studio Art, Spring Play, Spring Play (Middle School), Winter Musical
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Spectrum (Students of Color Affinity Group)
- Worcester Academy accreditations: NEASC, AISNE, NAIS, TABS
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Cole Porter, 1909 - Broadway composer
- Jim Davis, 1962 - Chairman, New Balance Athletic Shoe
- John F. Dryden, 1857 - Founder Prudential Insurance, U.S. Senator
- Jonathan Starr, 1994 - Financial executive and philanthropist
- Alingon Mitra, 2004 - Comedian
- Kaz Grala, 2017 - Stock car racing driver
- Aliyah Boston, 2019 - Nation’s top-ranked college women’s basketball player, USC. 2022 NCAA Women's Basketball Champion
- H. Jon Benjamin, 1984 - Actor, comedian
- Jordan Lucas, 2012 - NFL Player, Super Bowl LIV Champion
- Jessica Phillips, 1989 - Stage & screen actress
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Worcester Academy cost?
Worcester Academy's tuition is approximately $56,000 for boarding students and $40,900 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Worcester Academy?
The acceptance rate of Worcester Academy is 65%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Worcester Academy?
Worcester Academy famous alumni include: Cole Porter, 1909, Jim Davis, 1962, John F. Dryden, 1857, Jonathan Starr, 1994, Alingon Mitra, 2004, Kaz Grala, 2017, Aliyah Boston, 2019, H. Jon Benjamin, 1984, Jordan Lucas, 2012 and Jessica Phillips, 1989.
What sports does Worcester Academy offer?
Worcester Academy offers 18 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is Worcester Academy's ranking?
Worcester Academy ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High # of AP/advanced courses offered.
When is the application deadline for Worcester Academy?
The application deadline for Worcester Academy is Jan. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2020
George Washington University