Up here on our Hilltop, we see things a little differently than at other New England independent schools.
We expect academic excellence and nurture a work ethic and sense of purpose. . . skills needed in college and beyond.
Our thriving arts department includes instruction in the both the visual and performing arts and encourages students to take a risk and give it a try.
Our hilltop campus is located in the heart of Worcester, Massachusetts, New England's second largest city. Rich in heritage, culture and the arts, Worcester is 45 minutes from Boston and 2.5 hours from New York City,.
- From our hilltop vantage point in a historic Worcester neighborhood, we see things a little differently than most New England independent schools. This is a place where life takes an interesting turn. It's called the real world, where success doesn't always come easily, but it's worth the extra effort. Students are engaged, empowered, and equipped to "Achieve the Honorable," now and throughout their lives. In an authentic and unpretentious culture, our exceptional teachers and coaches thoughtfully blend challenge and care-- meeting students where they are in life, helping them to understand both who they are and what they have to contribute locally, nationally, and internationally.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Worcester Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12, PG||6-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12, PG||4-12|
|Campus Size||72 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||605 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1750||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants, collared shirt etc.)
|Average Class Size||13 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$32 million||$17 million|
(Middle School tuition is $32509)
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Meghan Bennett|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||25||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Big/Little Siblings, Business Club, Habitat for Humanity, Innovation, Jimmy Fund, Lance (Literary Magazine), Legomathenian (Debate), Model UN, Mosaic: Multicultural, OskeeVision (TV/Journalism/Reporting), Robotics Team, Towers (Yearbook), Varsity Math Team, Vigornia (Newspaper), World Cultures and Languages
Arts and Music Programs:
Academy Singers, Chorus, Drama Club, Hillpoppas (a cappella group), Jazz Club, Musical Theater, Orchestra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Ultimate Frisbee, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Our campus is conveniently located in Worcester, Massachusetts-- New England's second largest city and is only 45 minutes from Boston and 2.5 hours from New York City. Students experience the vitality, diversity, and excitement of a city rich in heritage, culture, education, and the arts that was named to the Parenting Magazine 2014 list of the Top Ten Best Cities for Families in America.
- Experience Worcester
- Live our Core values- Honor, Respect, Community, Personal Growth, Challenge
- Visit the Campus- Urban. Centrally located in downtown Worcester
- Innovate with Technology- 1-to-1 laptop program and an Innovations in Technology and Design Department that allows students to be the inventors
- Excel in Athletics- 24 NEPSAC Class A varsity sports (54 sports teams total)
- Create the Arts-Visual and performing arts programs that have recieved numerous awards for excellence
- School accreditations: NEASC, AISNE, NAIS, TABS
- Submit Review for Worcester Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
March 19, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 14, 2018
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.